The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

46 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

It's guys like you, buddy, that make Canucks fans look bad. 

Later dude.

I make the fanbase look bad?

I do?

Me?

tenor.gif?itemid=7506930

Bro.  Read through this thread and see who is the lone soldier blabbing his nonsense endlessly.  You're fighting for a logo that this franchise hasn't even used in 50 years.

You've literally run out of things to say clearly.  I'm the one who supports this franchises identity and fight for it.  You're the one who's constantly talking down about our uniform and team.  Who's the embarrassment again?  Look in the mirror and you'll have your answer.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

55 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Later dude.

As opposed to guys like you saying ownership is clueless and terrible for not using an awful looking logo? Lol ok. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Except the Orca doesn't actually score low on the actual fan message board. Call in shows (where chronic complainers reside) and sites that include fans of every team isn't representative of the broader Canucks fanbase. Honestly, I could give a rats tush what fans of other teams think of our logo. Just as I doubt they give a rats tush what we think of theirs. And truthfully, young people have the attention span of a gnat. Left to them we'd likely have a new logo every two or three years to keep things fresh. Which is more in line with what the alt is for. 

The simple truth is, contrary to Tiger's belief, no matter what the logo is there will be those that love it, those that hate it, and those that want something completely new. There will be those that want different colors, different striping, and a different font. Everybody has different taste in what they like.

Good post Baggins.  I think we get nostalgic about the uniforms from when we were young.  I was 20 already when the Canucks came into being, but I do have a certain affinity to the original stick in rink.  I think the skate people are a tech savvy generation, so they voted more than people like me would (don’t have Twitter)  The Orca should be the most popular, especially with the under 20 crowd, and that’s the group who are the most techie.  Where are those young fans?  I think the Canucks need to be aware they are losing a young generation. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Tiger, are (like me) drawn to the old stick in rink because it’s nostalgic for us?  I’m not too sure about the Running Johnny Canuck.  I do think the Canucks better do something to catch the interest of the young fans though.  The Orca scoring low is very shocking.  

Btw.  I really like your tiger picture.  The bigger the cat the better!  :)

The Flying V and Skate caught my interest as a young fan. As I got older and wiser, I familiarized myself with the Canucks' heritage and history, ie. Johnny Canuck and the classic Stick in Rink. I began to love and appreciate it. I'm very sure today's young fans can do the same. The Orca scoring low is not shocking at all. As for Johnny Canuck, I don't even have problems going with a stationary version that looked a little less cartoony.

**Thanks for the kind compliment on my tiger avatar.:) 

FB_IMG_1535732323849.jpg

Edited by Tiger-Hearted
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

16 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

The Flying V and Skate caught my interest as a young fan. As I got older and wiser, I familiarized myself with the Canucks' heritage and history, ie. Johnny Canuck and the classic Stick in Rink. I began to love and appreciate it. I'm very sure today's young fans can do the same. The Orca scoring low is not shocking at all. As for Johnny Canuck, I don't even have problems going with a stationary version that looked a little less cartoony.

**Thanks for the kind compliment on my tiger avatar.:) 

FB_IMG_1535732323849.jpg

So you want to copy the Giants logo. Gotcha.

vancouver_giants_0_73600.jpg

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Good post Baggins.  I think we get nostalgic about the uniforms from when we were young.  I was 20 already when the Canucks came into being, but I do have a certain affinity to the original stick in rink.  I think the skate people are a tech savvy generation, so they voted more than people like me would (don’t have Twitter)  The Orca should be the most popular, especially with the under 20 crowd, and that’s the group who are the most techie.  Where are those young fans?  I think the Canucks need to be aware they are losing a young generation. 

I'm not much younger than you Alf. Yet I hated the Stick in Rink from the time it was unveiled. I thought our logo blew after seeing Buffalo's logo first. Friends of my age group are split on the Stick in Rink. Some like me see it as bland and boring, while others like the simplicity. Different taste.

It's not just twitter, although you're right about our generation not being nearly as active. I don't think the over 40's can be bothered with all the online voting or going back multiple times in an effort to get what they want. I don't even have data on my phone. It's just a phone for talking and texting. When I go out I leave the internet behind. 

The under twenty, as I said, often have a short attention span. The Orca has been around too long for them. Change for the sake of change - shiny and new is better. I'd wager money if it was a poll of "under 20's Canuck fans only" the winner would be "something completely new". Then of course they'd disagree amongst themselves whether it was good or not. 

I disagree that they're losing the youth though. They're either Canucks fans or they're not regardless of the logo. Because even the youth wouldn't be able to agree on what the look or logo should be. Do we cheer for the logo or the team?

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, YearoftheNuck said:

One of my favourite jerseys when I was a kid was the Hartford Whalers (kinda strange I know lol) and that redesigned jersey with the white stripes kinda reminds me of that... which is a good thing! :) 

Man I wish the Canucks would take a look at that image and just make those couple tweaks. Of course they won’t, no large company would, but my goodness those extra couple of white lines makes a big difference. imageproxy.php?img=&key=bb5d22b764914745 

BDF6B6CF-C39A-42B4-809C-F39C667B7893.jpeg

AC01CEF3-FE80-4E2E-A89A-27A1B80EDEAA.jpeg

100%. I always liked the Whalers jerseys. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

So you want to copy the Giants logo. Gotcha.

vancouver_giants_0_73600.jpg

1 hour ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Two different leagues at two different levels. The Giants logo is so much better than the Orca. Plus a 2007 Memorial Cup championship to go along with it.

Actually, the Giants logo was created for the Canucks prior to going with the orca whale logo, and when the Canucks passed it was offered to the Giants by the designer, and the rest is history as they say. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Later dude.

The irony of this post is palpable. You spread random hate over everything you touch. While I'm sure you are just a troll, if you are not you are the exact thing you just claimed. At least from my view, as a real Canuck fan.

• Thanks 2
  • Wat 2

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Poor Fin, must be worried whenever fans push to get rid of the orca. 

I'm not one of those trying to get rid of the orca, however, theoretically they could ditch the orca logo and keep Fin.

Here in Victoria we had an ECHL team, the Salmon Kings.  Their mascot was Marty the Marmot.  After a few years they shut down the ECHL team, brought the WHL Chilliwack Bruins to town and changed the team name to the Royals.  Even though he has nothing to do with the new team identity, they kept Marty due to his popularity.

Image result for marty the marmot

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Agoork said:

On Twitter, someone posted a pic of Panarin wearing a white version of the retro jersey. Green stripes and blue shoulders.  Looks pretty sweet.

I took that and did a version with blue/green stripes and white shoulders, and another with green shoulders.

I think all 3 look better than the blue version, but maybe that's just me :)

PanarinRetro.jpg

PanarinRetro2.jpg

PanarinRetro3.jpg

That middle one is really sweet.   makes the modernized SiR look really good (retro yet stylish and clean).

The only improvement I'd say is the negative space V's on the sleeves.  Can't understand why they won't bring those back.

Edited by Jayinblack
  • Cheers 2