The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

@canuckgame I know whom the other person is(Tigerhearted) and can assure you I am someone else. We were former friends but have had a parting of ways due to irreconcilable differences. I am a long time ice pack holder of the team and both him and I would've loved to have seen a alternate third jersey in a Johnny Canuck style uniform. I am a BC Lions seasons ticket holder as well as an 11 game ice pack holder of the Las Vegas Golden Knights(I have 3 upper bowl seats with the knights that if you or any others reading this seek tickets to one of their games in Las Vegas please feel free to private message me as I am unable to attend all of their games and sell them at cost via craigslist or to friends and people I meet). If you see a fellow dressed up in Tampa Bay bucs gear at BC Lions games it is more than likely me. So no not a burner account as you imply, cheers

gallery_9055_267_3366149.jpg

D8XHcneUwAAYc3H.jpg

2307148_0.jpg

image019441.png

• Cheers 1

i don't really understand why so many dislike the johnny canuck logo but . . . to each his own. the thing is, jc was a part of the original concept of what a canuck was; a hockey playing lumberjack. it used to be so simple. so it was just really disappointing that there was absolutely no acknowledgement to jc for the 50. nothing. in fact less than we had before. a plate of spaghetti, a whale and a very amateur stick in rink which looks like a kmart special turned inside out. with so many brilliant examples on the net this is what they come up with. the stick in rink concept shown a few posts ago smokes the aqualini stick in rink in my opinion. if aqualini had a business acumen, he would have at least tipped his hat to jc and offered up a t-shirt or hat with a good quality design. these would likely sell & that would be revenue. that green jersey with jc they introduced a few years ago was such a piss poor design, no wonder so  many have a hate on for anything jc. a barren jersey and a lumberjack with plastic blades. savy advertising acumen at its finest . . . not.

could you imagine though, if we were called, say, the grizzlies or seals & we had a logo of an orca? how cool would that be. i think seattle seals sounds good by the way. how about if we were called the mountaineers & we had a logo of a windsurfer because there are those visible in the bay. what if we were called the blues & we had a logo of green evergreens because we are quite well known for that here. that is the paradox posters like tigerheart are so passionate about. it really makes our uni's a joke but the best anyone can do is mock him or present countless ridiculous arguments justifying why a whale is a good logo for a team named after a lumberjack. 

ah well, at least we have an awesome nickname. i admittedly, i didn't really appreciate it when i was a junior but now, i think it is one of the greatest sports names. likely though, we will lose canucks one day in order to be the orcas to match with out logo. people will think we are a water polo team with a haidai artwork drawn by a white man. very sad.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I gotta say. Bo looks pretty good in that new Home Jersey. It looks better on a person in gear than the jersey debut photos. 

CFF63E44-9A22-4419-8E2F-18EAFBD20AA4.jpeg

Just slap a "C" on that jersey, come on already.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I gotta say. Bo looks pretty good in that new Home Jersey. It looks better on a person in gear than the jersey debut photos. 

It looks so much better now that the logo is centered. look at how ridiculous it looked before... the logo was in the tummy area.

Image result for pettersson draft

@Trebreh it';s ridiculous they didn't do something new different and exciting like a new alternate third jersey being Johnny Canuck. This would have been the perfect opportunity for the team to have made a new big splash in the water jersey wise and sales jerseys wise with a new and different exciting Johnny Canuck alternate jersey for their 50th season. As your picture implies up above they could draft their newest Canuck and introduce the new Johnny Canuck buy having him put it on to be watched live in person and to millions following on TV. Canucks marketing folks are absolutely CLUELESS with this and are making a huge mistake not considering to have done the new jersey. Thought for sure they'd have considered this having the draft being held live here. Just STUPID IMHO!

gallery_9055_267_3366149.jpg

1003-spencerknight-van.png

gallery_9055_267_196309.jpg

imageproxy (1).jpg

• Wat 4

12 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

The pants have matching SiR logo. 

Where is the C??? 

14 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

To be fair... Bo would even look good in a garbage bag. He's just that big of a stud :lol::wub:

Really wish they didn't kill the Vancouver wordmark. 

Oh well... Can't wait for these jerseys to be released so I can get the last year "Vancouver" ones at 70% off :)

Edited by apollo

5 hours ago, boooooeser said:

They would be clueless if they used the JC logo 

We are all human and entitled to an opinion. Imho they are making a mistake not doing a JC alternate third. Trust me in my travels in the USA and Canada anytime I have gone in to another teams building(Las Vegas, Arizona, Denver,Tampa) just to name a few of the cities I have gone to watch the Canucks play I have always gotten really good positive feedback on my green Johnny Canuck jersey. Just saying. I rest my case, the team is making a marketing error not considering a jersey in it. I respect all your other guys opinions. Later

D3BAB0A5-3032-4BF9-AE42-B800DAF40307.png

23 hours ago, granpappy said:

i don't really understand why so many dislike the johnny canuck logo but . . . to each his own. the thing is, jc was a part of the original concept of what a canuck was; a hockey playing lumberjack. it used to be so simple. so it was just really disappointing that there was absolutely no acknowledgement to jc for the 50. nothing. in fact less than we had before. a plate of spaghetti, a whale and a very amateur stick in rink which looks like a kmart special turned inside out. with so many brilliant examples on the net this is what they come up with. the stick in rink concept shown a few posts ago smokes the aqualini stick in rink in my opinion. if aqualini had a business acumen, he would have at least tipped his hat to jc and offered up a t-shirt or hat with a good quality design. these would likely sell & that would be revenue. that green jersey with jc they introduced a few years ago was such a piss poor design, no wonder so  many have a hate on for anything jc. a barren jersey and a lumberjack with plastic blades. savy advertising acumen at its finest . . . not.

could you imagine though, if we were called, say, the grizzlies or seals & we had a logo of an orca? how cool would that be. i think seattle seals sounds good by the way. how about if we were called the mountaineers & we had a logo of a windsurfer because there are those visible in the bay. what if we were called the blues & we had a logo of green evergreens because we are quite well known for that here. that is the paradox posters like tigerheart are so passionate about. it really makes our uni's a joke but the best anyone can do is mock him or present countless ridiculous arguments justifying why a whale is a good logo for a team named after a lumberjack. 

ah well, at least we have an awesome nickname. i admittedly, i didn't really appreciate it when i was a junior but now, i think it is one of the greatest sports names. likely though, we will lose canucks one day in order to be the orcas to match with out logo. people will think we are a water polo team with a haidai artwork drawn by a white man. very sad.

50th anniversary of the NHL Vancouver Canucks. The JC logo has never been used by this team other that the JC head in a V as a shoulder patch. Why would it be featured as opposed to logos actually used as a primary?

There's no need to change the name of the team as a the Orca forms a C for Canucks just as the stick in rink does. All the whining and lame excuses in the world isn't going to change that fact.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1