The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

On 6/17/2019 at 5:52 AM, Agoork said:

On Twitter, someone posted a pic of Panarin wearing a white version of the retro jersey. Green stripes and blue shoulders.  Looks pretty sweet.

I took that and did a version with blue/green stripes and white shoulders, and another with green shoulders.

I think all 3 look better than the blue version, but maybe that's just me :)

PanarinRetro.jpg

PanarinRetro2.jpg

PanarinRetro3.jpg

All three of those look beautiful. Wish those were our thirds. Boys would be proud to rock those jerseys. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Baggins said:

50th anniversary of the NHL Vancouver Canucks. The JC logo has never been used by this team other that the JC head in a V as a shoulder patch. Why would it be featured as opposed to logos actually used as a primary?

There's no need to change the name of the team as a the Orca forms a C for Canucks just as the stick in rink does. All the whining and lame excuses in the world isn't going to change that fact.

CBDAABB1-9855-4479-B2BB-2C4955D4ED49.jpeg

61F41EF1-4E87-47A4-8D40-75A1A76D466B.jpeg

@Bagginsenclosed is a photo of the teams history wall which I took a photo of on a recent visit to Rogers Arena. So tell me what do you see in the photo? If you said “hey a picture of the team in the 70”s in a Johnny Canuck uniform” then yes you guessed correctly! The team wore a Johnny Canuck jersey in their earlier existence when they played at the PNE agrodome prior to moving on to the Pacific Coliseum. So to all of you reading let me ask you when someone says the word “Canuck” does a constipated looking orca whale come to mind? Would you not all agree that a Canuck is more of a Canadian lumberjack hockey playing type? Just saying. This picture is in the teams main staff entrance next to the team store at Rogers Arena 

0F715FF2-B9E2-4B99-9C50-6F88BE25B68D.jpeg

• Cheers 1

@Rubik don't like it then don't read or respond to it then. Go read another post and troll somewhere else. A story in the DAILYHIVE had stated the team would be wearing 4 different jerseys this year. One had figured JC would have been one of them that they were gonna do. As well why did the team want those jerseys that the kids lacrosse team was wearing last year destroyed and/or brought to them? One would have figured perhaps a new JC jersey would had been in the works if the team was so protective of the logo being copywright, etc.

tumblr_oen10a4T0c1tkiayco1_250.gif

Edited by vancouverbucsfan
picture added and some more content
  • Upvote 1

Dude you need to go to the closest Tim’s and get yourself a creamy chill to chill the F out with this Johnny Canuck soapbox. I like JC too but clearly not to the magnitude as you.To keep spamming this thread about something that is not going to happen is silly. JC isn’t happening ok? 

212E7C7C-5616-43F3-97B3-DB41A24F632F.gif

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Dude you need to go to the closest Tim’s and yourself a creamy chill to chill the F out with this Johnny Canuck soapbox. I like JC too but clearly not to the magnitude as you.To keep spamming this thread about something that is not going to happen is silly. JC isn’t happening ok? 

212E7C7C-5616-43F3-97B3-DB41A24F632F.gif

obviously it isn't happening. There was a story on a website called the DAILY HIVE(formerly vancity buzz) stating the team was gonna go with 4 jerseys for this upcoming season so I was assuming JC would have been one of them. Don't know how the writers on that website came up with that incorrect information?!?!? Later

picture added and some more content

8 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

@Bagginsenclosed is a photo of the teams history wall which I took a photo of on a recent visit to Rogers Arena. So tell me what do you see in the photo? If you said “hey a picture of the team in the 70”s in a Johnny Canuck uniform” then yes you guessed correctly! The team wore a Johnny Canuck jersey in their earlier existence when they played at the PNE agrodome prior to moving on to the Pacific Coliseum. So to all of you reading let me ask you when someone says the word “Canuck” does a constipated looking orca whale come to mind? Would you not all agree that a Canuck is more of a Canadian lumberjack hockey playing type? Just saying. This picture is in the teams main staff entrance next to the team store at Rogers Arena 

That guy looks like Ron MacLean :sick:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

obviously it isn't happening. There was a story on a website called the DAILY HIVE(formerly vancity buzz) stating the team was gonna go with 4 jerseys for this upcoming season so I was assuming JC would have been one of them. Don't know how the writers on that website came up with that incorrect information?!?!? Later

You assumed one of the four would be JC, but the four did not include it, so I'm no sure how the article got it wrong when they stated four new jerseys? There are four new jerseys, so.... ?

Also, I'm a JC fan as well, but I agree with others that you're on the line of spamming this thread for no reason now. The decision was made to not have a JC jersey. It is what it is, but it's time to move on. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Jester13 said:

You assumed one of the four would be JC, but the four did not include it, so I'm no sure how the article got it wrong when they stated four new jerseys? There are four new jerseys, so.... ?

Also, I'm a JC fan as well, but I agree with others that you're on the line of spamming this thread for no reason now. The decision was made to not have a JC jersey. It is what it is, but it's time to move on. 

I emailed them at the Daily Hive asking them where they are getting their information from? Sources? Awaiting a response. Obviously a bunk story. Fake news as Trump would say just like he calls CNN! Peace ✌️ out

876BEEB4-DA2F-47ED-ACED-0B173DCB18C5.png

Addition

18 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

Pretty sure those JC's are pre-NHL photos.

• Upvote 2

@Bagginsyes that is the uniform the team wore in their days prior to heading to the Pacific Coliseum. Regardless what difference does it make whether Western Hockey League or early entry into the NHL? It was part of their jersey history! The team is named after Johnny Canuck the hockey playing lumberjack, not a damn killer whale that looks constipated! They did don a JC jersey at one time.

6C2D295E-EB2C-463E-893B-F070392EF2F0.jpeg

Picture added
  • Wat 2

11 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

@Bagginsyes that is the uniform the team wore in their days prior to heading to the Pacific Coliseum. Regardless what difference does it make whether Western Hockey League or early entry into the NHL? It was part of their jersey history! The team is named after Johnny Canuck the hockey playing lumberjack, not a damn killer whale that looks constipated! They did don a JC jersey at one time.

The difference is it's the "50th" anniversary of the NHL Canucks that's being celebrated. Has JC been used as a primary in those 50 years? No, as I previously said. But if they were going back to pre-NHL days, and the teams origin, the logo should simply say "Canucks" on it as that was the original Canucks uniform.

We get it - you love the JC logo. Many don't. JC is not being used. Get over it..

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Baggins said:

The difference is it's the "50th" anniversary of the NHL Canucks that's being celebrated. Has JC been used as a primary in those 50 years? No, as I previously said. But if they were going back to pre-NHL days, and the teams origin, the logo should simply say "Canucks" on it as that was the original Canucks uniform.

We get it - you love the JC logo. Many don't. JC is not being used. Get over it..

Yes I get it and I still insist it should have been used as an alternate third or fourth jersey of some sort even if it was for ten or so games a season. Big mistake buy the team not incorporating it for their 50th. Now I am done arguing with you all! Have said my piece and am not coming back to read any more of you or anyone else’s feedback and vitriol! Either you were for it or not. The orca needed to go as it is a new era for aqua man and the team! It’s been his team and he should have done something new and different being the stick in rink simplicity and JC as an alternate third! Later haters 

FE4B2701-69A0-4474-AE9B-DF3AED3017FD.gif

D8886B10-F27D-49E6-BE92-5CB6EF401666.gif

Added content