The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

21 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

The Jersey looks even more trash when it was on the players during the draft. The vancouver removal makes it look empty

I thought it looked clearer and sharper,, way better...differing of opinions I suppose

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Maketherightmove said:

I think this guy has literally bought out the entirety of any hacky JC merch that the Canucks have produced as well as every knock off produced. It's actually quite impressive how dedicated he is to one of the ugliest logos the league has ever seen. 

I only wear JC stuff only. Team is named after him the Canadian lumberjack. Not a consipated looking orca! Later haters

Edited by vancouverbucsfan
Spelling mistake
  • Wat 1

5 hours ago, The Lock said:

Well considering I asked you nicely and you just replied immaturely, I think it's pretty easy to see who actually needs to grow up here. ;)

Well if you are a two year old that gets offended buy JC photos then you obviously have some “maturity” issues! Later

Edited by vancouverbucsfan
Added content

17 minutes ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

Well if you are a two year old that gets offended buy JC photos then you obviously have some “maturity” issues! Later

You're not helping yourself by calling me names. lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

Well it’s a true representation of the team! An orca whale isn’t!

I used to be indifferent to the idea of Johnny Canuck replacing the Orca, so long as our colours and striping remained the same, but posters like you and Tiger-Hearted have made me despise the logo. 

"Canuck" is a slang term for Canadian people.  Since you can refer to the players on the ice as Canucks, it doesn't really matter which symbol they use to represent the franchise.  If it was okay to have a Rink and Stick in the shape of 'C,' then it's okay to have Haida, Orca imagery in the shape of one too.  The Canucks need a literal depiction of their namesake for a logo like the Canadiens need a cartoon francophone.  That's a ridiculous example but sadly it's fitting.

Why don’t we rename the team The Vancouver Orcas then?!?!?

It'd be hard to rename them the Orca's with the giant 'C' they use for a logo...

• Cheers 1

On 6/19/2019 at 7:42 AM, Baggins said:

50th anniversary of the NHL Vancouver Canucks. The JC logo has never been used by this team other that the JC head in a V as a shoulder patch. Why would it be featured as opposed to logos actually used as a primary?

There's no need to change the name of the team as a the Orca forms a C for Canucks just as the stick in rink does. All the whining and lame excuses in the world isn't going to change that fact.

nope, can't think of any good reasons other than after 50 years, we would finally have had a logo representative of our team nickname. or is that thinking too far out of the box?

• Like 1

Just now, granpappy said:

nope, can't think of any good reasons other than after 50 years, we would finally have had a logo representative of our team nickname. or is that thinking too far out of the box?

That running JC simply isn't that popular here.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Baggins said:

iv'e seen enough depictions by rank amateurs of non-running jc's that are much better examples of a logo than the one used on the green jerseys the club sold a few years ago.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, granpappy said:

iv'e seen enough depictions by rank amateurs of non-running jc's that are much better examples of a logo than the one used on the green jerseys the club sold a few years ago.

Good for you. The Orca is our longest standing primary and the stick our original (not that I like it). Complaining won't change what's already done. It's over.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Baggins said:

JC is not popular on Millennial-dominated CDC which is a very small percentage of Canucks fans. JC, though, is far more popular than the constipated and corporate Orca outside of CDC. The Orca is the most hated and despised logo among the majority of Canucks fans all-around. If JC had replaced the Skate in '97, there wouldn't be any outcries to have it ditched. There wouldn't be any demands for an animal to represent the Canucks' identity just because the animal is regional to BC and along the coast. On other social media outlets, there are countless demands to get rid of the Orca, which was John McCaw/Orca Bay-inspired. 

20160207_001210.jpg

Screenshot_20190614-015420_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190619-111905_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190619-111925_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2