The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, morgo said:

And yet, here the Orca remains.  20+ years later...  Clearly the demand for the cartoon lumberjack isn't seismic

The Orca remains...contaminating the Canucks' identity. Where's the green in the logo? Where's the Canucks' pride in the Orca?? Where's the block font with added green bordering? Heck, even the 50th anniversary patch has a green border, so why not the number font? 

As much as I hated the original Orca Bay uniforms, those uniforms were well put together - consistent colouring throughout including the logo and traditional block font. The current garbage the club has just shows how cheap, clueless and corrupt the Aquilinis are as owners.

• Wat 3
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

The Orca remains...contaminating the Canucks' identity. Where's the green in the logo? Where's the Canucks' pride in the Orca?? Where's the block font with added green bordering? Heck, even the 50th anniversary patch has a green border, so why not the number font? 

As much as I hated the original Orca Bay uniforms, those uniforms were well put together - consistent colouring throughout including the logo and traditional block font. The current garbage the club has just shows how cheap, clueless and corrupt the Aquilinis are as owners.

:bored:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Get a hobby man. Holy **** this is depressing to read.   Go find a team with uniforms you like, and cheer for them.

You've dedicated YEARS of your life crying about a sports teams uniforms.  Buy the Canucks from the Aquilinis and change them yourself.  The day you own them you can have your lumberjack.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 2

On 6/13/2019 at 11:12 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canucks-50th-jersey-collection/c-307841626

Home Jersey:

Home_collage_v2.png

Away Jersey:

Away_collage_v2.png

Heritage Jersey:

Heritage_collage_v2.png

Black Skate Jersey:

BlackSkate_collage_v2.png

Regular jersey = the same except for no VANCOUVER

"Heritage" looks like a pile of pablum barfed up by a baby with that awful green->blue transition

Black jersey KICKS ARSE 

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:17 AM, Justdean10 said:

are those the new jerseys with the no Vancouver we are using as regular jerseys?

No those are the official "RIOT" Jerseys after we watch one more season of Erikson, Sutter and Lazy Jake floating around.................

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:40 AM, kilgore said:

cut.jpg

jerseylaunch_newspaperimages.1.jpg?quali

This is what finally came out after years of calling for a new logo, or at least a good re-design, or a unique third jersey?

I'll always love the black skate jersey, but that is mostly because of nostalgia. Red and yellow work if the major colour is black, and they are working as accents. But the logo, lets face it, was odd.

The orca logo now looks too big.  They should have just removed the "Vancouver".  The white part of the logo is too large a block on the blue jersey.

And OMG they once again try and re-work the awful stick-in-rink which never was a strong logo.  When they first reworked it from the thin horizontal  stick  in a rectangle, the most boring logo ever invented, to a wonky tilted version it only made it a different kind of awful.  And now they totally screw up the colours.  Those green stripes are bizarre.  There is no contrast. As a designer, I learned years ago that if you take a B&W picture, of a colour logo, you should be able to differentiate the design by the contrast.  You can do a simple test of this by squinting your eyes.  What happens? they blend into each other.  And there is too  much of either colour making it confusing.  In one word, UGLY.

Lazy designing.  Nothing actually new.   We have a city full of creative designers, and they managed to go backwards, with the best one of the "new" designs being reproduction of the '94 jersey. 

This exercise sadly reflects the way this organization has been going.  Just like the word "rebuild", which they loathed to say, and worse, DO properly when they should have, the word "redesign" also missed the mark, was way to reserved, boring, and uninspiring.

Tomorrow I'll tell you how I really feel.

*******POST OF THE MONTH*******

I Agree 100%.  Hopefully the Aqau-lini's will be forced to sell this team to competent owners once their Tax Evasion Court Case is Finalized. 

• Like 1
  • Wat 2

20 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

The Orca remains...contaminating the Canucks' identity. Where's the green in the logo?

The Canucks colours are Royal Blue, White and Green.  The Orca omits one of those colours and adds two more, big deal.  The Blackhawks logo has 5 colours not featured elsewhere on their uniforms and they're regarded as classics.

Where's the block font with added green bordering?  Heck, even the 50th anniversary patch has a green border, so why not the number font? 

Considering the Canucks never once used a block font with a green border I don't see why its necessary.  Going from Agency to Block would be a lateral move at best.

Garbage?  Look at what the Flames are wearing with the side panels and clashing flag patches, that's garbage.  The Canucks new jerseys look great

Edited by morgo
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, morgo said:

Garbage?  Look at what the Flames are wearing with the side panels and clashing flag patches, that's garbage.  The Canucks new jerseys look great

I agree with you on the Flames. And I got news for you, buddy. The Flames are phasing out those uniforms and gradually making a return to their classic 80's set - traditional block font and a crest that boldly utilizes the team name in the city initial. That uniform has the complete package. Put that against the Canucks look and it's day and night, not counting the classic striping and colour schemes on both jerseys.

3 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

I agree with you on the Flames. And I got news for you, buddy. The Flames are phasing out those uniforms and gradually making a return to their classic 80's set - traditional block font and a crest that boldly utilizes the team name in the city initial. That uniform has the complete package. Put that against the Canucks look and it's day and night, not counting the classic striping and colour schemes on both jerseys.

And the Canucks C represents the letter C for Canucks and the Orca, Blue for the ocean, Green for the rainforest represents the city where they play. Why you can connect the dots for the Flames and be this obtuse with the Canucks I will never understand... 

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

just got my Canucks 50th anniversary stick in rink alternate jersey in the mail today. I ordered mine online from Vanbase. For free they included both a matching Canucks stick in rink logo (the new logo) blue hat with a 50th anniversary patch on the side, and a really nice 50th anniversary bag.

Edited by Roberts
  • Cheers 3