The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, granpappy said:

typical hypocritical response as you have referenced other teams many teams. not surprised

Only in how they apply to their team. I've mentioned several times ours is the opposite Calgary's. Forming a C to represent where the team plays in an image that represents the team name. Ours is the opposite. I've mentioned more teams lack a hockey reference in their logo than have one. I've never said another team did this so we should. Context. 

Hypocritical is saying one image that forms a C for Canucks is valid but another image forming a C for Canucks isn't when neither image actually represents the team name. That's truly hypocritical.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

On 7/22/2019 at 9:55 AM, dpn1 said:

I am thinking of getting a new sweater but I don't know who's number to put on it.  Any suggestions (I know I am going to catch it for a stupid question but its summer)?

867 5309 

It worked for Tommy 2tone

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, morgo said:

You might have a point if the logo was killer-whale by itself but it's not.  The logo is a collegiate 'C' that happens to contain Orca imagery.  The team's namesake is represented by the letter, the city is represented by the Orca, the region is represented by the Haida Art Style and the sport is represented by the inclusion of the type of surface it's played on. 

The Montreal Canadiens logo, one of the longest lasting in the league, achieves just one of those four feats and in the exact same way.  But they should probably ditch it in favor of a cartoon francophone :rolleyes:.

Bull! The logo was just something thrown together quickly and hastily buy the former ownership group John McGaw. There was never any creativity or thought process whatsoever that went in to it. It was done rather quickly when Arthur Griffiths was forced to sell the team to John Mcgaw.

• Wat 2

On 7/20/2019 at 3:23 PM, CanuckGAME said:

It tells me they probably made 50 jerseys and a bunch of old geezers bought them.

They are hideous.

Got a photo of a guy in one wearing Mason Raymonds game worn practice jersey from that 2011 superskills day. Bumped in to this guy wearing it at one of last years games and he wasn't a 50 year old 'geezer' as you imply! Just a regular passionate fan like all of us are!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Baggins said:

Only in how they apply to their team. I've mentioned several times ours is the opposite Calgary's. Forming a C to represent where the team plays in an image that represents the team name. Ours is the opposite. I've mentioned more teams lack a hockey reference in their logo than have one. I've never said another team did this so we should. Context. 

Hypocritical is saying one image that forms a C for Canucks is valid but another image forming a C for Canucks isn't when neither image actually represents the team name. That's truly hypocritical.

i think you have a desperation stigma . . . get well soon

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, granpappy said:

no but you sure vomit a load a crap trying to justify how a whale is a canuck 

Is a C with an H in it a Canadien? Is a spoked B a Bruin? Is a C with a star shooting around it a Blue Jacket? Is a P with wings a Flyer? Etc...

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

On 7/23/2019 at 11:04 PM, CanuckGAME said:

You forgot to spam all your pictures with this post bud.

keep trolling there you and all the other haters. No need to post a photo of it as I have already posted ones of the players in them. And you'd say the guy is an 'old geezer' or come up with some other vitriol remark about him wearing it so no point. You probably never attend any games live either to see fans wearing the green JC jersey or the fellow whom I mentioned wearing the Raymond jersey that was worn at the 2011 superskills competition, later, am done arguing with all of you. Being a long time yearly ice pack holder the team needed something new and different to kick start the lacking fan interest, etc. Even had they gone with this as an alternate jersey it'd have still been a success. The current rebrand big deal! Took "VANCOUVER" off the front of the jersey and kept the same ridiculous orca whale, enlarged it a bit, like BIG DEAL! And the new green they've gone with please don't even get me started on that! Totally ugly. Boring and no creativity whatsoever! Done arguing with all of you haters of the JC logo so if you wish to respond go right ahead as I won't even be coming back to read it. Enjoy the season and as my saying goes for the team 'hope for the best, expect the worse"! Just like the new supposed dull unimaginative rebrand the team has done.

zhk34nas0rdz.jpg

DEy5-L2UwAEtjoU.jpg

7FDB3818-0C94-41EA-9927-427D924BFC91.png.b4f17515d7b0ce45de00a090ad13b44a.png

Edited by vancouverbucsfan
picture added and some more content
  • Wat 3

29 minutes ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

keep trolling there you and all the other haters. No need to post a photo of it as I have already posted ones of the players in them. You probably never attend any games live either to see fans wearing the green JC jersey or the fellow whom I mentioned wearing the Raymond jersey that was worn at the 2011 superskills competition, later, am done arguing with all of you. Being a long time yearly ice pack holder the team needed something new and different to kick start the lacking fan interest, etc. Even had they gone with this as an alternate jersey it'd have still been a success. The current rebrand big deal! Took "VANCOUVER" off the front of the jersey and kept the same ridiculous orca whale, enlarged it a bit, like BIG DEAL! And the new green they've gone with please don't even get me started on that! Totally ugly. Boring and no creativity whatsoever! Done arguing with all of you haters of the JC logo so if you wish to respond go right ahead as I won't even be coming back to read it. Enjoy the season and as my saying goes for the team 'hope for the best, expect the worse"! Just like the new supposed dull unimaginative rebrand the team has done.

tenor.gif?itemid=5292331

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1