The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, dpn1 said:

The third Sweater looks like it was inspired by Charlie Brown or Jughead from the Archie comics.  Maybe they were going for a younger demographic. :)

Archie comics? For a younger demographic? I am in my thirties and i have literally never read one of those. 

• Haha 4

I hated them all when I saw the pictures of fans wearing them (except you, flying skate - you look great no matter where you are).

When you see the pictures on display (i.e. not on the fans) the other three look decent.  The primaries in particular are an improvement (but still not great).

The third jersey, it is a shocker - and I agree with another poster who said that there is a fundamental design rule that shall not be broken: blue and green should never touch!

However, that third jersey might look kinda cool on the ice.  I am reserving judgment.

5 minutes ago, Laoag said:

Archie comics? For a younger demographic? I am in my thirties and i have literally never read one of those. 

I am in my late 50's so they are more from my past.  Isn't there a show out there called Riverdale?  That is based on the Archie comics. ::D

18 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Dont understand how anyone can hate the primaries.  They look great.

This. They basically just removed the “Vancouver”, which is great. Also think it’ll look better when it’s being worn by the players. 

It’s as if people expected management to reinvent the wheel and come up with a whole different design. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, goog16 said:

I added white stripes...still weird looking!

Alternate-50NoNumbers_295x.jpg

And what's up with the number 50?  Did the designers get too creative and use a hockey stick for part of it?  It looks like an upper case 'S' and not a '5'.  I don't read 50; I read SO.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1