The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Most of you have a much stronger reaction to these than I do haha

I just kinda shrugged my shoulders.  They're fine.  No big deal.

I (like many) love the skate jerseys but I actually prefer the white version. 

I'm really bringing a lot to this conversation eh? Lol

• Haha 1

I absolutely LOVE the new stick in the rink logo, it pops so nicely, I think they did a great job modernizing it.

I'm actually in the minority in the sense that I hate the old school stick in the rink jerseys, but I wouldn't even be mad if we used this new version as a primary 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

All but the skate look like ass, I hate the new adidas collars 

Can't agree more. Seeing the skate like that, I realize how much I miss those whites at home and blacks on the road.

They look better that what we have right now with the stupid Vancouver in big letters written across the front.  As for the collar those are the standard adidas collars that are on every team’s jersey so they cannot be changed. I also like the new stick in the rink patch on the shoulder, it looks more modern and I like the white contrast.  I don’t see these jerseys changing again for a long time so you better get used to them. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

I love them all. The white primary looks so damn clean now without Vancouver plastered on to it. Probably the best jersey in my opinion. 

I also love the heritage one. I could care less about "design rules." It's an alternate, it's supposed to be different. Having the same striping as the primaries just makes it samey and boring. And the OG stick in rink was incredibly boring anyways. There's enough white on the Heritage via the collar and logo as it is. They said the striping on it is bold in this reveal, and I love it. It's old but new. Love the new logo for it too.

• Upvote 2

Even though I'm not that crazy about the blue/green orca, I'm glad they haven't done a complete overhaul on our primary jerseys. We should stick to this current identity, and never do any major change on it, and I tell you why; personally I would love to see this combination the most:

Regular jerseys:

Brendan+Morrison+Nashville+Predators+v+V

And this as an alternative:

naslund_markus-470x264.jpg

But I know I would be in the minority, as most people hated the "messier-era" jerseys, even though I've always associated it with the WCE line.

Now consider this: Stick in rink is clean and classic, but some would say it's ugly and boring. Skate jersey has aggressive colors, has a '94 nostalgia to it, but the "downhill skate" logo was a laughing stock and some outright hate the color scheme. The orca logo is modernish and looks good, but some would say it's corporate, has nothing to do with being a "canuck" and that it actually looks silly. And basically that's the drawback of having such a diverse jersey history; everybody has their own favorites, and it's going to be different with every individual and we'll never agree on one.

So we might as well just stick to what we've had for 20 years now, everybody should settle for it, and stop pushing our individual preferences. I'd even go as far as that Canucks shouldn't even wear third jerseys, as they just keep the hope alive for some, further dividing the fanbase. If we'd have the current jersey in its current form for another 20-30 years, there would be a whole new generation of Canucks fans, who never knew anything else, just the blue/green orca. There would be unity and identity. Just like amongst Canadiens or Red Wings fans.

I don't think the blue/green orca jersey is perfect, but I'm fine with it, and we should just leave it as it is... (but not gonna lie; watching some people go ape$&!# over jersey changes is too much fun)

Edited by Rubik
  • Upvote 1