The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Radko Gudas for Matt Niskanen

I really like this trade for Philly!  

Gudas is the like real Pizzaman, he's got Sbisa style all over him! @apollo.  Which is to say, he has pretty good physical tools. Has some throwback elements to his game. But that game, we'll use that term rather than his head, isn't really quite there.  

Forwards cant hassle the goalie anymore anyway. To the extent they used to. Power forwards are commonly not fast enough to keep up. The guys who were there to clear the net, but did not offer any puck skills, are a liability and less benefit than years past.

I wonder if this means Wash will clean house?  Or its just a cap dump.

8 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Gudas is the like real Pizzaman, he's got Sbisa style all over him! @apollo.  Which is to say, he has pretty good physical tools. Has some throwback elements to his game. But that game, we'll use that term rather than his head, isn't really quite there.  

Forwards cant hassle the goalie anymore anyway. To the extent they used to. Power forwards are commonly not fast enough to keep up. The guys who were there to clear the net, but did not offer any puck skills, are a liability and less benefit than years past.

Speaking of Sbisa and not to derail the thread why not bring him back as the 7th d man.  We all liked him but just not his cap.  We can pay him a 7th d man salary and he brings that throwback element to the table.  Could do worse than Sbisa and Schenn as our 7/8.

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I really liked the Blues' defense men.  Huge men who can skate and hit, some with skills.  Especially Pietrangelo and Parayko.

Not many forwards in Binnington's face during the playoffs.   Six Canadians out of seven D's on the Blues SC champs.  13 or 14 Canadians on the SC winning team. 

# Sh Ht Wt Born Birthplace
41 R 6' 4" 216 Mar 18, 1989 Thunder Bay, ON, CAN
19 L 6' 4" 206 Sep 27, 1983 Edmonton, AB, CAN
25 L 6' 1" 196 Oct 27, 1986 St. Louis, MO, USA
42 L 6' 0" 201 Jun 24, 1990 Stouffville, ON, CAN
29 L 6' 0" 203 Oct 29, 1996 Mississauga, ON, CAN
6 L 6' 4" 215 Jun 28, 1993 Brandon, MB, CAN
4 L 6' 2" 198 Nov 9, 1986 Orebro, SWE
28 L 5' 11" 199 May 12, 1991 Pilsen, CZE
55 R 6' 6" 230 May 12, 1993 St. Albert, AB, CAN
27 R 6' 3" 210 Jan 18, 1990 King City, ON, CAN
43 R 6' 2" 190 Oct 8, 1993 Madison, WI, USA