The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would he?  He’s old, slow, weak, and lost his hands.  I could see a team offering him a PTO, but nothing more.  Given the level of player he was, and the money he’s made, I’d say Loui retires before he accepted a PTO.  Hence, Loui will retire before he’s sent to 

Utica.  He will retire before the Canucks put him on waivers to be sent down.  

His agent apparently mentioned that he has no plans of considering retirement (at least I'm inferring):  "Loui will not break any contract, he is a Vancouver player and does not have the slightest idea of putting down his career" . source: https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/patrick-johnston-whither-loui-eriksson

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

The price would have to be so high any team would be stupid to do it. And he's going to be a great #1 when he's ready and I want him in our net not another teams

I love Demko, but I loved Schneids too, and that worked out pretty well.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

His agent apparently mentioned that he has no plans of considering retirement (at least I'm inferring):  "Loui will not break any contract, he is a Vancouver player and does not have the slightest idea of putting down his career" . source: https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/patrick-johnston-whither-loui-eriksson

What’s he going to say?  Loui is going to retire right now?  The pressure will build over the summer, as Loui comes to grips with the fact it’s retire or play in Utica.  Then, before the Canucks put him on waivers fir the purpose of demotion to Utica, Loui will retire.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I love Demko, but I loved Schneids too, and that worked out pretty well.

Right and we got Bo, so as I said the price would have to be high for us to consider moving Demko. I would think a #1st and a prospect and\or a back up goalie

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What’s he going to say?  Loui is going to retire right now?  The pressure will build over the summer, as Loui comes to grips with the fact it’s retire or play in Utica.  Then, before the Canucks put him on waivers fir the purpose of demotion to Utica, Loui will retire.  

if he retires do we get cap recapture penalty?

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Loui has any game left, JB or his agent would find a trade, right?  Loui only gets paid 1.5 million for this coming season.  It’s not about his contract, or the dollars he’s paid.  It’s Loui is done.  

Loui's cap hit is 6 million for each of the next 3 seasons, that's the issue.

33 minutes ago, hammertime said:

No, under 35 when contract signed. But being the Canucks their will be some kind of penalty. Perhaps for signing a player with too many S's in his name. The NHL will think of something. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

I think it’s impossible to sign a contract that’d require recapture penalty now. It was literally a rule put in to retroactively punish deals signed under the last CBA. Which is complete BS and may as well have been called the “f*** Vancouver rule”.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Loui has never been a player in Timrå so why should he go there. It's like Timrå get Ferland after I had to defend him against fans

You could only wish to have a player like Ferland in Timra.

He is Loui’s replacement for the next 4 years ! Love it.

Very Pro-active move by Benning to have Ferland take Eriksson’s position on this team.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, coryberg said:

Loui's cap hit is 6 million for each of the next 3 seasons, that's the issue.

exactly, that is it, thats all. If he was 2m per season he'd be a third line winger in Vancouver relied upon defensively and who can contribute some offense while not being overly physical. He is an NHL player, the actual money owed to him moving forward is feasable for other teams but the caphit is the sticking point.

I know most here think he is done, or not an NHL quality player, that is just simply not true.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

The world according to a furry alien^^^. 

No matter how you analyze it, Loui is still an NHL calibre hockey player.  It's a question of whether his $1M or so cap relief is of greater value by having him in Utica vs. having him as a roster or 13th man in the NHL.  He's obviously not a fit on the Canucks and a difficult contract to move and moving him is on evereyone's wishlist, but please stop spewing the nonsense that Loui is too slow, lost his hands, too soft, etc.

If the Canucks sign Boeser to a $6M AAV, then all it takes is moving one of Gaudette, Schaller or Eriksson to create the cap room...if it's $7M AAV, then it's two of the three mentioned that needs to be moved to the minors.  Of the three, Eriksson is the least likely to be moved.  Get used it, you furball.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Loui has 9 million reasons why he won't retire aside from wanting to be an NHL player still.  Who leaves money on the table like that?!!  Not many.

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

You could only wish to have a player like Ferland in Timra.

He is Loui’s replacement for the next 4 years ! Love it.

Very Pro-active move by Benning to have Ferland take Eriksson’s position on this team.

Talk about not listening to what I say... Do you live in a bubble where everything is distorted on the way in?

8 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Columbus doesn't have a number 1 goalie for their future... Korpisalo can hold the fort until Demko takes over. Columbus might see Demko as a US born future franchise #1 goaltender. The kind of player they would like to build their team around. 

I think we are loosing on this deal because of what Demko will become. 

Anderson played on a stacked team last season and his stats reflect it. I still think he is a solid player though. Also I didn't know him and Horvat were so tight after seeing pictures of him in Bo's groomsman party at the wedding. 

Elvis Merzlikins - they have real high hopes for him and believe he's a future no 1.  Kekaleinen was quoted back in spring saying that they believe he's the best goalie outside of the NHL right now.

He's been considered as one of their top prospects for a while now.  Kekaleinen was talking about how they have been waiting for him to come over for a while.  He was drafted in 2014 but stayed in Europe to develop.   They expect him to share the net with Korpisalo next season despite him having no experience in North America yet.  

Edited by mll

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Talk about not listening to what I say... Do you live in a bubble where everything is distorted on the way in?

I’m actually thinking of giving you an upvote for the first part of that. . .   But the drivel you added is again,. disappointing ..