The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

14 hours ago, stawns said:

Sorry, his numbers don't support your claims.  He is a decent to good 4th line option if they can't move him.  Obviously he doesn't have and automatic spot and has to outperform other guys for that role, but he is capable of playing well.

There are a few of you guys in here that are blind to the fact that a six million dollar a year player that ends up on the 4th line is redundant, even more so by taking up the time/spot of a valuable assets/prospects from developing in that position.

The sooner Eriksson is gone the quicker the development system becomes fluid.

7 Goals last season?

Anyone could name 3 prospects who could do better.

And stop making “Defensive game” excuses for this player..

Its time Eriksson’s position was taken and shared by players who deserve that opportunity now.

Utica makes sense for Eriksson’s future.  

A position on the Canucks 4th line would be a gift.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

There are a few of you guys in here that are blind to the fact that a six million dollar a year player that ends up on the 4th line is redundant, even more so by taking up the time/spot of a valuable assets/prospects from developing in that position.

7 Goals last season?

Its time Eriksson’s position was taken and shared by players who deserve that opportunity now.

Well he's better than Gaunce.  But that ain't much of a feat.:P

• Cheers 1

My understanding of the CBA rules is that if Loui and the Canucks agree to mutually terminate his contract there is no further cap hit/ recapture penalty , and the only string attached is that the player can't sign another NHL contract for the term remaining on  the previous one. ( 3yrs in this case. )

What if the club terminates him for not reporting to Utica for example , are there any cap hit issues then and would he be allowed to sign another contract next season?

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

7 Goals last season?

Literally no one is arguing a $6mil 4th liner is redundant. 

Just that he is not “trash” literally no one disagrees he is grossly overpaid even @Timråfan his biggest apologist here thinks he's overpaid.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

7 Goals last season?

Your problem is you're stuck on the dollar figure instead of his value to the team.  Who gives a sh!t what he makes, you don't sign his cheques.  He's a solid enough 4th line winger who is a good pk option if they can't move him, which is how I expect it to unfold.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, stawns said:

Your problem is you're stuck on the dollar figure instead of his value to the team.  Who gives a sh!t what he makes, you don't sign his cheques.  He's a solid enough 4th line winger who is a good pk option if they can't move him, which is how I expect it to unfold.

We have more value in our assets/prospects than in Eriksson regardless of the dollar figure.. I have stated that all ready. I’m not stuck on Eriksson’s money hit.

im saying he is stagnating the natural rotation of prospects that need to get with, travel with, and play with the Canucks.

i would rather see prospects get their turn here than Eriksson’s face at the end of the bench or in the press box.

Send him to Utica.

He will retire after the Christmas break, just after he face times his family for the last time.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

We have more value in our assets/prospects than in Eriksson regardless of the dollar figure.. I have stated that all ready. I’m not stuck on Eriksson’s money hit.

im saying he is stagnating the natural rotation of prospects that need to get with, travel with, and play with the Canucks.

i would rather see prospects get their turn here than Eriksson’s face at the end of the bench or in the press box.

Send him to Utica.

He will retire after the Christmas break, just after he face times his family for the last time.

I thought he played fine in his role and it seemed like Green had a lot of trust in him.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I thought he played fine in his role and it seemed like Green had a lot of trust in him.

Green put him in the press box after trying him in every situation.

Eriksson has been here 3 years too long.

Green has extended every opportunity for LE to get his career on back on track.

He is not responding.

Erikssons only response has been publicly stating that He and Green do not see eye to eye.

Lets stop regurgitating what’s been regurgitated with this player.

There is nothing of value left to us. He has had opportunities..

3 years of them and 2 coaches, same results.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Green put him in the press box after trying him in every situation.

Eriksson has been here 3 years too long.

Green has extended every opportunity for LE to get his career on back on track.

He is not responding.

Erikssons only response has been publicly stating that He and Green do not see eye to eye.

Lets stop regurgitating what’s been regurgitated with this player.

There is nothing of value left to us. He has had opportunities..

3 years of them and 2 coaches, same results.

I doubt anyone would argue the two sides should go their separate ways.......it's just not likely to happen and if they can't move him, he's a good player on the 4th line and pk.  

It surprises me how many people are defending LE. I understand we have no control over the situation; but it’s hard to make a compelling argument he provides any value to the team.

You think his 6 million hit doesn’t matter? We’re already eating the luongo cap. 6m player on the fourth line on top of that doesn’t seem like the recipe for success.

LE is nothing but a burden in my eyes. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, stawns said:

I doubt anyone would argue the two sides should go their separate ways.......it's just not likely to happen and if they can't move him, he's a good player on the 4th line and pk.  

No, he’s not.. 

and he is sure to be slower than ever this year.

our pk is covered without him even in the line up.. I consider anything that dresses him in a Canuck Uniform, a gift.

He is not needed.

Edited by SilentSam