The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

It is probably wishful thinking hoping Loui could be moved (fairly). 

If he isnt sent to Utica, and comes to camp with some gusto, Id like to see him utilized like he was in BOS.  Put him on the third line with some quick players (Gaudette/Virtanen/Roussel) and Loui can play to the strengths of his game which is bang stuff in around the net.  He's actually not a terrible player, but last season the roster make up wasnt really conducive to Loui.   This years team looks quicker and more tenacious.  

12 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

It is probably wishful thinking hoping Loui could be moved (fairly). 

If he isnt sent to Utica, and comes to camp with some gusto, Id like to see him utilized like he was in BOS.  Put him on the third line with some quick players (Gaudette/Virtanen/Roussel) and Loui can play to the strengths of his game which is bang stuff in around the net.  He's actually not a terrible player, but last season the roster make up wasnt really conducive to Loui.   This years team looks quicker and more tenacious.  

Given his age, and the chances he has had to rectify or reinvent his game, or himself.. at this point,  any “glimmer” of hope for Eriksson to perform to at least a 35pt season,. Is just that,  and would only stand to be a “glimmer”.

There are prospects that can strongly rotate into his vacancy, whose time and effort would “show” better and be more productive to establishing having a prospect in the Canucks line up as part of the “system” of our farms development.

Erikssons participation, even as a name on the game sheet, hinders a better cause for what is needed in continued development for the Canucks.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I might consider a trade like this....

To Vancouver
Josh Anderson 

To Columbus

Thatcher Demko

Louie Eriksson 

Ferland Pettersson Boeser

Baertchi Horvat Anderson

Pearsons Sutter Miller

Motte Beagle Virtanen 

Roussel 

23 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Given his age, and the chances he has had to rectify or reinvent his game, or himself.. at this point,  any “glimmer” of hope for Eriksson to perform to at least a 35pt season,. Is just that,  and would only stand to be a “glimmer”.

There are prospects that can strongly rotate into his vacancy, whose time and effort would “show” better and be more productive to establishing having a prospect in the Canucks line up as part of the “system” of our farms development.

Erikssons participation, even as a name on the game sheet, hinders a better cause for what is needed in continued development for the Canucks.

He did have 29 points last year so i wouldnt exactly say 35 points is only a glimmer of a possibility. That is overstating things a bit. 

If Eriksson is still here he will also have better linemates just by virtue of the fact our forward group is upgraded. 

If he is here, i hope he does well. Having said that, I would prefer he was traded ASAP. Just move on from him and get rid of the fan vitriol.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Why would Columbus?  Anderson put up 27 goals (47 points) last season. He’s signed to a super cheap contract through this season and is still RFA next season.

Demi’s is completely unproven and Eriksson is negative value to Columbus. I don’t see a lot of value to Columbus 

And once again, no mater how many ways we try to trade Loui, he ends up in Utica.  No team wants Loui.  He’s no longer an NHL player.  We aren’t giving up assets to dump him either.  (The cost would be insane, and we’d still have to retain, and take back dead weight.)  Loui retires before he’s sent down.  That’s this game’s end.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And once again, no mater how many ways we try to trade Loui, he ends up in Utica.  No team wants Loui.  He’s no longer an NHL player.  We aren’t giving up assets to dump him either.  (The cost would be insane, and we’d still have to retain, and take back dead weight.)  Loui retires before he’s sent down.  That’s this game’s end.  

Unfortunately Alf, that would be a little too comvenient for us. Knowing our luck, I just don't see it happening. However, if JB thinks there's a posibility of that happening, why would he even attempt to trade Loui at this point? There isn't a trade scenario out there that comes close to matching the value of having Loui's $6M contract terminated. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VIC_CITY said:

Unfortunately Alf, that would be a little too comvenient for us. Knowing our luck, I just don't see it happening. However, if JB thinks there's a posibility of that happening, why would he even attempt to trade Loui at this point? There isn't a trade scenario out there that comes close to matching the value of having Loui's $6M contract terminated. 

I think Loui’s agent is trying to find a trade too.  Loui is learning through this process that he’s no longer an NHL player.  No team wants him.  

55 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Come on alf, you cant be serious. Loui is most definitely still an NHL player. The problem is his giant cap hit. If loui were a UFA and willing to take a 1.5mil contract he would have been gone july 1st.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

We have to be realistic... this is the Canucks, there is only one way that this will end.

-  Loui will retire, freeing up cap space

-  We will use that cap space to sign another player

- The league and NHLPA will open up the CBA specifically to add a rule about cap penalties for retiring Swedish players named Loui.  It will be a retroactive rule.

- We will forfeit games until we become cap compliant by trading away Petterson to whatever team Bettman determines will most increased their next US TV deal.

-  Erikkson will then get bitten by a radioactive spider and become the best player in the league, except not for us. He will score a hat trick in the game sweeping us from our first playoff appearance in years.

If you don’t believe this, you haven’t been a Canucks fan long enough.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Come on alf, you cant be serious. Loui is most definitely still an NHL player. The problem is his giant cap hit. If loui were a UFA and willing to take a 1.5mil contract he would have been gone july 1st.

Would he?  He’s old, slow, weak, and lost his hands.  I could see a team offering him a PTO, but nothing more.  Given the level of player he was, and the money he’s made, I’d say Loui retires before he accepted a PTO.  Hence, Loui will retire before he’s sent to 

Utica.  He will retire before the Canucks put him on waivers to be sent down.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Why would Columbus?  Anderson put up 27 goals (47 points) last season. He’s signed to a super cheap contract through this season and is still RFA next season.

Demko is completely unproven and Eriksson is negative value to Columbus. I don’t see a lot of value to Columbus 

Columbus doesn't have a number 1 goalie for their future... Korpisalo can hold the fort until Demko takes over. Columbus might see Demko as a US born future franchise #1 goaltender. The kind of player they would like to build their team around. 

I think we are loosing on this deal because of what Demko will become. 

Anderson played on a stacked team last season and his stats reflect it. I still think he is a solid player though. Also I didn't know him and Horvat were so tight after seeing pictures of him in Bo's groomsman party at the wedding. 

Edited by kenhodgejr
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

“Blabbering”.

Your full of excuses for your dim witted player Eriksson.

Take him back to Timra.

we don’t want him here.. get it?

ps.. I’m confident that this season will go so well that Benning is offered a 4 year contract in the next off season.

Loui has never been a player in Timrå so why should he go there. It's like Timrå get Ferland after I had to defend him against fans

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Columbus might see Demko as a US born future franchise #1 goaltender.

I think we are loosing on this deal because of what Demko will become.

Interesting idea, imo.  We have a real chance of losing a goalie in the ED anyway - might as well get something out of it. I would hate to give up Demko - who I agree is likely to be very good, but it seems plausible.

Not sure what worth Columbus has to the Jackets exactly; I have barely seen him play, but that size sure looks good considering our recent direction.

We also have assets to season to taste.  I really think this could work. I likey.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I might consider a trade like this....

To Vancouver
Josh Anderson 

To Columbus

Thatcher Demko

Louie Eriksson 

Ferland Pettersson Boeser

Baertchi Horvat Anderson

Pearsons Sutter Miller

Motte Beagle Virtanen 

Roussel 

Demko is a big NO

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Provost said:

We have to be realistic... this is the Canucks, there is only one way that this will end.

-  Loui will retire, freeing up cap space

-  We will use that cap space to sign another player

- The league and NHLPA will open up the CBA specifically to add a rule about cap penalties for retiring Swedish players named Loui.  It will be a retroactive rule.

- We will forfeit games until we become cap compliant by trading away Petterson to whatever team Bettman determines will most increased their next US TV deal.

-  Erikkson will then get bitten by a radioactive spider and become the best player in the league, except not for us. He will score a hat trick in the game sweeping us from our first playoff appearance in years.

If you don’t believe this, you haven’t been a Canucks fan long enough.

If Loui has any game left, JB or his agent would find a trade, right?  Loui only gets paid 1.5 million for this coming season.  It’s not about his contract, or the dollars he’s paid.  It’s Loui is done.  

Just now, stawns said:

I agree, for the most part, but if the price was right...........

The price would have to be so high any team would be stupid to do it. And he's going to be a great #1 when he's ready and I want him in our net not another teams