The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

How do you come up with "it's probably the only option out there"???

I had never even considered or thought that was a reasonable answer to getting rid of Loui. And I doubt the actual Canucks management staff have either. It is just so out of left field that I have a real hard time thinking it is the only option out there lol.   :lol:

If fact it doesn't seem like an option at all.  

You should take a look at my username and then decide whether I might have some inside sources to this kind of stuff...  B)

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1

32 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

One blogger's speculation is no rumbling.  Makes zero sense from Canucks' perspective unless Anaheim adds.

It could make sense if Kesler never plays again like it seems is the case. It puts the Canucks right at the cap ceiling so couldnt they put him on ltir and gain that cap space back?

Kesler has little incentive to retire as he still stands to make a ton. Even if he did though, it would not hurt the Canucks.

Edited by Silver Ghost
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You should take a look at my username and then decide whether I might have some inside sources to this kind of stuff...  B)

Disregard....I didn't get that was supposed to be funny at first lol.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Silver Ghost said:

It could make sense if Kesler never plays again like it seems is the case. It puts the Canucks right at the cap ceiling so couldnt they put him on ltir and gain that cap space back?

Kesler has little incentive to retire as he still stands to make a ton. Even if he did though, it would not hurt the Canucks.

LTIR limits cap flexibility and doesn't really allow to bank cap space.  Chicago paid up Hinostrozza who Bowman was calling an untouchable just a year ago to move out Hossa.  

Toronto has no choice but to use LTIR - they can't move the Horton contract because it's not insured but it's not an ideal situation.  They would have more flexibility had they been able to move out Horton instead of having to add Clarkson.

Anaheim is transitioning to younger/faster.  Murray talks of a quick rebuild as they have so many good prospects coming up.  They have been trying to move veterans out to create spots on their roster.  

In a year Perry's buyout cap hit will be 6.6M - this year it's 2.6M.  Adding Eriksson could put them in a cap crunch.  They are at 64.8M with only 13 players signed for 2020/21.  They'll be able to use LTIR themselves with Kesler while Eriksson would count for 6M.  Their key RFAs are up before Eriksson's contract is off the books in 3 years.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, mll said:

LTIR limits cap flexibility and doesn't really allow to bank cap space.  Chicago paid up Hinostrozza who Bowman was calling an untouchable just a year ago to move out Hossa.  

Toronto has no choice but to use LTIR - they can't move the Horton contract because it's not insured but it's not an ideal situation.  They would have more flexibility had they been able to move out Horton instead of having to add Clarkson.

Anaheim is transitioning to younger/faster.  Murray talks of a quick rebuild as they have so many good prospects coming up.  They have been trying to move veterans out to create spots on their roster.  

In a year Perry's buyout cap hit will be 6.6M - this year it's 2.6M.  Adding Eriksson could put them in a cap crunch.  They are at 64.8M with only 13 players signed for 2020/21.  They'll be able to use LTIR themselves with Kesler while Eriksson would count for 6M.  Their key RFAs are up before Eriksson's contract is off the books in 3 years.

thats a very good point there. Thats why a deal won't happen for Kesler (amongst other things).

12 minutes ago, mll said:

As long as they are right at the cap ceiling they could use it for sure.

On 7/16/2019 at 5:04 PM, SilentSam said:

I beleive Eriksson is now bluffing and wasting the Canucks Management valuable time.

Once He has his itinerary for Utica, he will call his Agent and waive his NTC’s..  if anything , just to waist more time.

I have to ask though, once he gets his itinerary and request to report in Utica,. He still has to show up in that time period or void terminating ??

So looking at today's trade, could LE have vito'd Ottawa, who knows.

• Cheers 1

If it is true that he keeps vetoing trades, then it really allows us to take the gloves off when dealing with him.

I suspect that his agent has a preferred landing spot lined up, but the deal is bad for the Canucks (retaining a lot of salary, sending out a good player, or eating a bad contract in return)... so the Loui camp is trying to pressure for their preferred landing spot.

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

If it is true that he keeps vetoing trades, then it really allows us to take the gloves off when dealing with him.

I suspect that his agent has a preferred landing spot lined up, but the deal is bad for the Canucks (retaining a lot of salary, sending out a good player, or eating a bad contract in return)... so the Loui camp is trying to pressure for their preferred landing spot.

Probably wants to go back to Dallas.  I think I read somewhere that his family move back there this summer. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Provost said:

A mutual termination would allow him to go wherever he likes.  Alternatively, he can sulk in Utica.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, BPA said:

Probably wants to go back to Dallas.  I think I read somewhere that his family move back there this summer. 

He has a NTC, and thats fine , but to be absolutely useless for a team for what he was paid to do , now making demands (regardless of what he sht contract says he can do) , i hope he azz rides the utica bus until the end of time. I seriously hope he hates wherever we send him . Guy has been one of the worst all around players we ever aquired dollar for dollar, and seems he doesnt even take responsibility for that.

Travis Greens fault hey 

Loui? The moron had tons of time with almost every dam player we had to try and get him going since he got here ( even though he could have been healthy scratched for others that actually deserved a chance ). What a clown .

Cant even try and help the team he screwed somehow. Just signs his big money NTC contract,  mails it in and still tries to take full advantage of it. What a loser . I havnt wanted to see a player skidded from the roster this much in 30 years of being a canucks fan.

Edited by cuporbust
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

He has a NTC, and thats fine , but to be absolutely useless for a team for what he was paid to do , now making demands (regardless of what he sht contract says he can do) , i hope he azz rides the utica bus until the end of time. I seriously hope he hates wherever we send him . Guy has been one of the worst all around players we ever aquired dollar for dollar, and seems he doesnt even take responsibility for that.

Travis Greens fault hey 

Loui? The moron had tons of time with almost every dam player we had to try and get him going since he got here ( even though he could have been healthy scratched for others that actually deserved a chance ). What a clown .

Cant even try and help the team he screwed somehow. Just signs his big money NTC contract,  mails it in and still tries to take full advantage of it. What a loser . I havnt wanted to see a player skidded from the roster this much in 30 years of being a canucks fan.

More than Messier?  That’s some serious dislike. 

17 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

More than Messier?  That’s some serious dislike. 

Yes. Is second for me . Right up there too, but loui just rubs me the wrong way ( and allot of others now ) ona whole different level. Absolutely uselss in so many ways for 6 million , its actually unbelievable. 

Edited by cuporbust

32 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

What a loser . I havnt wanted to see a player skidded from the roster this much in 30 years of being a canucks fan.

I mean, all the signs were there from the start that it was a bad contract. Most notably, 30+ years old when handed to him.

Also, when you have a family, he has every reason to not want to leave. Horrible play or not.

2 minutes ago, Monty said:

I mean, all the signs were there from the start that it was a bad contract. Most notably, 30+ years old when handed to him.

Also, when you have a family, he has every reason to not want to leave. Horrible play or not.

Yep, like i said , he can do that. Its in his contract.  The same one he made an embarrassment of . Was in Ryan kelsers rights to ask for a trade too. 

Edited by cuporbust

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

30 goals the year before did not point to him being remotely as bad as he would be , age or not . Funny thing is greener has covered his but so many times in the media , and also gave him more rope then he ever had to and he makes those comments? I at least sorta felt sorry 4 him up until then . 

• Cheers 1