The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So you’re saying Loui is a whiner, who (because he’s not getting to play the role he expects) won’t try to help his team win?

Not really. It just seems familiar in the sense that now that he sees the lay of the land with the direction Green is taking the team in, and the influx of new and better players, he might not be willing to accept his diminishing role.

To me that’s way worse than skills just not being good enough anymore.

I don't think so. If he's traded to a team that can utilize him higher up in the lineup, those still intact skills can come in handy.

Why would any team want him?  That’s clearly behaviour of a room cancer. 

Because he can still play. I wouldn't classify him as a cancer though. That term gets used way too often on these forums. In my opinion, a locker room cancer is someone who undermines the team actively by playing teammates against each other, and attempts to spread their discourse. I can't see Loui being the type who would go into the locker room and try to muster up support for himself over the team.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not really. It just seems familiar in the sense that now that he sees the lay of the land with the direction Green is taking the team in, and the influx of new and better players, he might not be willing to accept his diminishing role.

I don't think so. If he's traded to a team that can utilize him higher up in the lineup, those still intact skills can come in handy.

Because he can still play. I wouldn't classify him as a cancer though. That term gets used way too often on these forums. In my opinion, a locker room cancer is someone who undermines the team actively by playing teammates against each other, and attempts to spread their discourse. I can't see Loui being the type who would go into the locker room and try to muster up support for himself over the team.

No way he'll be a locker room cancer...believe it has him who took care of EP over Christmas and had him over for Christmas dinner etc.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i think we need to re-shape the narrative on loui

Timråfan

is right about him

i'm sure he is out there on other team's boards

convincing them all about how loui is a top notch elite player

who has simply been misused by the nucks

i'm soon expecting some sort of bidding war from other teams

and at least a 1st rounder being offered in exchange for him

i mean, excellent contract for an elite player

who is only being paid 3 million aav for the next 3 seasons

and can certainly play 1st line minutes

:rolleyes:

I hope this song makes it to LE so he can see how sweet Utica really is.

https://youtu.be/Rhd3a9UvBww

28 minutes ago, spook007 said:

No way he'll be a locker room cancer...believe it has him who took care of EP over Christmas and had him over for Christmas dinner etc.

There, he invested some of his earnings towards our top future player. He's inching back closer to his contract worth!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

send him to the ECHL

I don't think you actually can... but no need to really.  Just make him report to Utica, attend all practices, ride the bus... and not get any playing time

I don't see a veteran player with a young family thousands of miles away lasting that long under those circumstances before he gets himself suspended.

He has put himself in a position with his play, his publict statements, his agent's public statements, and "reportedly" blocking other NHL options... that no one will feel like he is being hard done by from the team's perspective.

• Cheers 3

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:08 PM, Silver Ghost said:

It could make sense if Kesler never plays again like it seems is the case. It puts the Canucks right at the cap ceiling so couldnt they put him on ltir and gain that cap space back?

Kesler has little incentive to retire as he still stands to make a ton. Even if he did though, it would not hurt the Canucks.

I think too many have become enamoured with Wunderboy Dubas in regards to this LTIR business.  It's akin to big-spending Keynesians claiming that the more debt you have the more wealthy you are.  Dubas is doing whatever he can to get himself out of a jam; we are in no such trouble and don't need to start skirting around cap mechanics trying to use any desperation measures when they aren't necessary.

26 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I think too many have become enamoured with Wunderboy Dubas in regards to this LTIR business.  It's akin to big-spending Keynesians claiming that the more debt you have the more wealthy you are.  Dubas is doing whatever he can to get himself out of a jam; we are in no such trouble and don't need to start skirting around cap mechanics trying to use any desperation measures when they aren't necessary.

The cap oberage comes with risks of its own so i agree that we dont need to do it. But it would be ok if it moved Eriksson out lol

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

So I guess we keep Loui because he’s a good Girl Guide, and 6 million Brownie points for baby sitting is a bargain?

Ep does not need Eriksson for anything..  he is the consummate professional you could only wish Eriksson could be.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

So I guess we keep Loui because he’s a good Girl Guide, and 6 million Brownie points for baby sitting is a bargain?

Ep does not need Eriksson for anything..  he is the consummate professional you could only wish Eriksson could be.

I'm thinking that spook was referring to what Eriksson had already done this past Christmas and not what his place on the team would be going forward.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I don't think you've followed me on this Sam.

I am 100% in the good bye LE camp... But there is a difference between not being able to perform to your contract and being a locker room cancer, si?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

send him to the ECHL

57 minutes ago, Provost said:

I don't think you actually can...

Any one way contract signed in the NHL has a provision where a player can only be assigned to the ECHL with their permission. Jordan Binnington used his right to refuse assignment a few years ago when he was squeezed out and was subsequently lent to the bruins AHL team.

38 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Any one way contract signed in the NHL has a provision where a player can only be assigned to the ECHL with their permission. Jordan Binnington used his right to refuse assignment a few years ago when he was squeezed out and was subsequently lent to the bruins AHL team.

Interesting. Maybe thats why gagner got stuck on the marlies....benning wanted him down as far as the echl. 

46 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I don't think you've followed me on this Sam.

I am 100% in the good bye LE camp... But there is a difference between not being able to perform to your contract and being a locker room cancer, si?

The problem is the garbage LE spewed to the media, completely separate from his unwillingness to put in an acceptable effort.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The problem is the garbage LE spewed to the media, completely separate from his unwillingness to put in an acceptable effort.

His comments to the media were not as bad as you claim, not by a longshot. He stated the obvious, aka Green doesnt trust him as much as he was previously trusted on other teams. And he stated, also quite obviously, that its a struggle to put up the offense he still feels he is capable of while playing a defensive role.

His comments were from his own perspective. He did not say anything all that bad about Green.

3 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

He probably should have. But people are making a far bigger issue of it than it actually is.

Possibly... but nothing good ever come out from criticising your coach usage of you...

In particular if you are not performing to standards that could be expected.

There has been nothing to suggest he has been a locker room cancer. He is a player, who hasn't lived up to his cap hit... and at times not looked like he had much interest in trying to do so neither...

Best for all parties if he departs...

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Possibly... but nothing good ever come out from criticising your coach usage of you...

In particular if you are not performing to standards that could be expected.

There has been nothing to suggest he has been a locker room cancer. He is a player, who hasn't lived up to his cap hit... and at times not looked like he had much interest in trying to do so neither...

Best for all parties if he departs...

I agree. People saying he is a cancer are just reaching too far. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1