The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

17 minutes ago, apollo said:

He needs a change of scenery. That is all. I hope to see his wish come true and be moved by October. 

Jeebus Apollo....you of all people should listen to the real hockey expert....your very own trainer/manager - Duke.  For all others here, this is what he said for LE to do:

:P

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Well, obviously TG isn't overly concerned about this "rift" between himself and LE.  It also sounds like he is expecting him at camp and that if he comes in and outplays teammates, he will be in the lineup.  

And, as expected, all team mates outplay him, Loui won't be in the lineup.

I suppose a 700k 4th liner could be outplayed by Loui. That would be about it. (not sure who Loui could outplay though - not Motte nor Beagle).

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, apollo said:

I don't think anyone thinks he's worth his 6 cap hit. 

At 3 mill AAV I'd be ok with him for sure 

He needs a change of scenery. That is all. I hope to see his wish come true and be moved by October. 

I'd be ok with him with a 1.8 aav. That is about it though. For the 3rd and 4th lines we need someone with energy that isn't afraid to get at least a little physical.  3 hits by Loui in one year is a joke. He isn't a good fit in our bottom 6 forwards.

Like you, I hope he is gone by October.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Naslund, when he was still elite, was about to fall off the cliff but lucky for him, Moore caught him....with an elbow to the head.:mad:

I still like that big Bert called that plug moore on his pathetic play on Naslund (especially considering moore was a joke of an nhl player).

It was just bad luck moore is a prima donna and couldn't take a punch and that everyone fell on him. Oh well.....he brought it on.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Well, obviously TG isn't overly concerned about this "rift" between himself and LE.  It also sounds like he is expecting him at camp and that if he comes in and outplays teammates, he will be in the lineup.  

You see the “ political correctness” in Greens comments right Stawns?

un like Eriksson’s comments.

the truth inside the “political correctness” that Green is showing here is that he said LE has not spoken to him.

.. and also, there is probably 4 players ready to push Eriksson out of a spot at Camp.

Green also stated that he is very excited and happy for the New Acquistions made by the Team in the off season.

Heres the list of Left Wingers Eriksson has to compete with:

Ferland. Pearson. Baertchi. Leivo. Rousell. *Miller.

(*Miller can play wing)

So.. “IF Eriksson comes in and outperforms his team mates”.. applies a lot of pressure that I think LE will crumble over.

• Cheers 1

(This time on the right board...sigh)

I am sooooo tired of reading about this guy. Trade him for a half eaten bad of Dorito's already. Retain salary to get said bag of Dorito's...I really don't care. Just be gone!

The next time I read his name in a post, please be a completed deal.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

if we would'vs got Neal for Eriksson would that have not sat well due to Neal's extra year on his deal?

Unless we retain 50% and even then it may be hard to find a taker we arent moving him unless we take a bad deal back. Personally with our roster additions this summer, I hope I never have to see Eriksson in a Canucks uniform again. Utica for 3 years worst case imo

9 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

if we would'vs got Neal for Eriksson would that have not sat well due to Neal's extra year on his deal?

The Canucks already have a totally crap contract in eriksson and you want a LONGER totally crap contract????   :shock:

Good god NO.

17 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

You know what, I was a little off there. He had 36 points in his last full season, not 40+.

You're probably right about injuries but I don't recall them being of the career threatening variety. I could be wrong though. Either way, he was a very useful top 9 2-way forward and not exactly old, but then he was gone, just like that. Manny Malholtra lasted longer in the decline and he had 1 eye. Naslund is another example of a guy that was elite but then fell off at an early age. He carved out a couple more years but then it was back to Sweden.

Nothing major, just that injuries do more damage at older ages, I imagine. Had trouble getting over injuries in his older age. At least that’s how I remember it. I could be wrong and he just fell off.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Think about how EP competes. How he never gives up on a puck. How many times did he make defensive or offensive plays while falling to the ice? He never gives up, he's an absolute dog on the puck, never standing still. Even when he's away from the puck, how many times did he intercept passes out of nowhere? Hell, he even laid out to block shots a few times. And then there's Loui Eriksson lol. He's so disengaged. He spent most of the season looking like a guy that was more concerned with this offseason vacation plans than what was happening on the ice and I think that's what Green was hinting at in his recent interview.

I agree, EP is a young guy hungry and loves the game. LE is a veteran, has made his $ and plays like he doesn't care. LE use to be an effective player in Dallas when he was younger, heck I even picked him in my pool he was just that reliable consistant point getter. Not any more. 

If at all possible we need to move on from him and he most definitely wants a fresh start

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

If his contract wasn't buying proof he likely would have been bought out this summer I would have to think

Oh for sure. 

I think the next move has to be Utica. It puts the pressure on Eriksson's camp. Don't show up, don't get paid. Maybe he waives his NTC completely at that point. Or maybe he "gets injured" and goes on career LTIR? In a dream world, maybe he picks up his ball and goes home. But all roads lead through Utica IMO.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Provost said:

The honest truth is that he doesn’t have a spot on our roster.  Nor would he on most NHL rosters regardless of the price.  You want your defensive bottom six guys to also bring something else to the table.  Physicality, energy, secondary scoring, etc. 

Ferland-Petterson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Baertschi-Sutter-Virtanen

Leivo-Beagle-Motte

Roussel-Gaudette-Schaller

At best with Roussel injured, Eriksson is the 13th forward just merit and fit-wise.... and that is if you don’t want to keep Gaudette up AND don’t want Schaller to slide in for Motte when some extra toughness needs inserting.

There is enough history and seeing what Eriksson brings that I don’t know how he would even earn a spot in training camp.

Agreed on LE most likely not earning a spot in that lineup you referenced. 

Oh boy, it’s been years since I’ve been this excited for this team. That lineup you present is an actual bona fide competitive NHL team.  :towel:

We fans have suffered for too long with a Value Village roster! JB will hopefully dump LE off at Utica.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Provost said:

The honest truth is that he doesn’t have a spot on our roster.  Nor would he on most NHL rosters regardless of the price.  You want your defensive bottom six guys to also bring something else to the table.  Physicality, energy, secondary scoring, etc. 

Ferland-Petterson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Baertschi-Sutter-Virtanen

Leivo-Beagle-Motte

Roussel-Gaudette-Schaller

At best with Roussel injured, Eriksson is the 13th forward just merit and fit-wise.... and that is if you don’t want to keep Gaudette up AND don’t want Schaller to slide in for Motte when some extra toughness needs inserting.

There is enough history and seeing what Eriksson brings that I don’t know how he would even earn a spot in training camp.

Baert,Leivo,motte and Schaller are not shoe ins by any stretch of the imagination. These are who he will be fighting for positions with. Baert because of concussion issues.