The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

Unless he absolutely plays is arse off (or there's a butt load of trades between now and camp), he will certainly be going somewhere, that likely being Utica. I don't see him earning a top 13 roster spot over our other options this Sept. And it only gets worse when Roussel gets healthy. We're not waiving Leivo or Motte for him to stay up.

Capable 4th line forward or otherwise, we have better, younger and cheaper options. He's done here.

waive him prior to camp and send him down right away, do not even let him near the team

12 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I get it you don't like the guy but the reality is that we are stuck with him due to his contact. I think the attempt to move him has come and gone and we have to make the best of a bad situation.

Not condoning to keep him but he is not as bad as some of you would have everyone else to believe. 

We still have plugs on this team and the line ups are definitely not set in stone at this point.

Ya it sucks were stuck with sending him down to ride the bus in Utica, I feel really bad for him

Eriksson is heading to Utica, no doubt about it.  I think he made his power play, hoping to force a trade to Dallas.  The Canucks could only swing Edmonton, maybe Ottawa and Loui said no.  

It seems clear a Dallas trade isn't in the works, now his agent is trying to back pedal and spin that the whole situation isn't a big deal.  No way the Canucks take the chance of losing Motte, Leivo or Goldobin for nothing on waivers, instead of hoping a team takes the Loui problem off their hand for free.

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Great way to lose a massive lawsuit, Doing that would have Loui winning millions in court.

They can send him down, but have to treat him with dignity.

I don't think so, he's under contract and sitting in the press box is part of being a hockey player and its not like he won't get paid. I think this is a loose loose situation for LE

2 hours ago, nergish said:

Is Eriksson's tenure in Van defined by his 'effort', or is it really just his abilities falling off a cliff/not being able to keep up?

Because I find a lot of this discussion a touch dramatic.

He's been miserable here, but he's not a bad person... and his worst offense is being completely invisible.

I want him nowhere near the roster, but he's still an NHL veteran who had a solid career. He'd honestly be a great guy for our Utica kids to lean on.

Exactly he's not the worst player in the NHL we just don't want him any where near our dressing room

24 minutes ago, Dungass said:

Eriksson is heading to Utica, no doubt about it.  I think he made his power play, hoping to force a trade to Dallas.  The Canucks could only swing Edmonton, maybe Ottawa and Loui said no.  

It seems clear a Dallas trade isn't in the works, now his agent is trying to back pedal and spin that the whole situation isn't a big deal.  No way the Canucks take the chance of losing Motte, Leivo or Goldobin for nothing on waivers, instead of hoping a team takes the Loui problem off their hand for free.

While Utica is where I want to see LE, I see the Canucks waiving someone else and potentially keeping LE in the NHL. Just a hunch, just dont see JB having the Kahonas to waiving him with 3 years left. Could also be the owner telling him not to do it also

But if we want to ice the best most competitive team, LE isn't on our opening day roster

I'll be surprised if Eriksson isn't at training camp. I think he ends up in Utica at some point. It'll be really tough to move him.

Benning is going to have to find a way to get out of a contract or two, maybe if Brandon Sutter shows he can be healthy they can move him. Its not great to be capped out in our situation.

1 hour ago, Sbriggs said:

I don't think so, he's under contract and sitting in the press box is part of being a hockey player and its not like he won't get paid. I think this is a loose loose situation for LE

Nothing wrong with sitting in a press box be it in Vancouver or Utica, but they can't make him deliver meals, or worse as some posters have suggested.

Crapping on him to get him to quit is quite likely to be found as violation of labour law.

Not worth the risk, send him down if they must, but do it with out malice.

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'll be surprised if Eriksson isn't at training camp. I think he ends up in Utica at some point. It'll be really tough to move him.

Benning is going to have to find a way to get out of a contract or two, maybe if Brandon Sutter shows he can be healthy they can move him. Its not great to be capped out in our situation.

The only way Sutter shows he’s healthy is on another team because it has become obvious that whatever style he plays for the Canucks is the wrong style for him to stay healthy.

1 hour ago, Arrow 1983 said:

This stuff has gotten out of hand this Tread should be locked and any other topic made on this issue should be locked.

I personally blame the Mods of this forum for letting this get out of hand. 

This form is suppose to represent this team. People on this forum should not be allowed to ridicule players, as Eriksson has been and it is 100% the Moderators fault.

If this gets me banned so be it.

All the Mods should be ashamed of themselves and put an end to this BS.

https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/loui-eriksson-s-agent-claims-his-client-s-comments-have-been-blown-out-of-proportion-1.23906685

Can we please put an end to this and let the calm and sensible rule the day.

Can this forum not hold the higher ground, as this forum is actually one that is directly tied to the Canucks website.

The behavior towards LE is no better then someone trashing his family. I really do hope his kids do not see this.

LE didn't commit a crime he just hasn't  played up to your own expectations. It is a sport so stop trashing his name.  

Sincerely

A father of a 2 year old. 

Are those whales?

Quick!

Save ‘em!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Nothing wrong with sitting in a press box be it in Vancouver or Utica, but they can't make him deliver meals, or worse as some posters have suggested.

Crapping on him to get him to quit is quite likely to be found as violation of labour law.

Not worth the risk, send him down if they must, but do it with out malice.

I think the Canucks should just do what's best for the team. IF that means that Eriksson needs to be sent to Utica, then so be it. If what is best for the team is for Eriksson to be on the team, then let that be. Eriksson isn't going to be a top six, might not even be a middle six option with the additions the team has made this summer, pushing some possible top six talent to the middle six. Eriksson can be a 6 million dollar fourth line grinder, but i really don't know if he can beat out players like Motte - who's got a great no quit motor and energy. 

So that leaves Utica. 

Can't see Eriksson being traded, unless we add. And I hope that Benning doesn't give too much for a team to take Eriksson. 

OR, can the Canucks trade Eriksson for a bad contract, only to buy out said contract?? 

Would that be a solution? 

12 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

This stuff has gotten out of hand this Tread should be locked and any other topic made on this issue should be locked.

I personally blame the Mods of this forum for letting this get out of hand. 

This form is suppose to represent this team. People on this forum should not be allowed to ridicule players, as Eriksson has been and it is 100% the Moderators fault.

If this gets me banned so be it.

All the Mods should be ashamed of themselves and put an end to this BS.

https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/loui-eriksson-s-agent-claims-his-client-s-comments-have-been-blown-out-of-proportion-1.23906685

Can we please put an end to this and let the calm and sensible rule the day.

Can this forum not hold the higher ground, as this forum is actually one that is directly tied to the Canucks website.

The behavior towards LE is no better then someone trashing his family. I really do hope his kids do not see this.

LE didn't commit a crime he just hasn't  played up to your own expectations. It is a sport so stop trashing his name.  

Sincerely

A father of a 2 year old. 

Nice soapbox rant, but you whiff on so many points imo.

First. the vast majority of discussion in this thread bears no resemblance to the target of your rant, blown ridiculously out of proportion - ironically - as you pretend to be the level head in the room.

Just quote and engage @King Heffy, be done with it, and spare us the drama.

Posters who 'ridicule' players are annoying - yes - but the responsibility is their own - not the moderators (you have a funny concept of accountability) - that behaviour may be borderline, but locking threads like this because you believe it's run rampant in ridicule is misrepresentative - and the basic discussion - the possibility that Eriksson is dealt or that his role here  is expiring - is a distinct and imo valid possibility.   Ironically, what you're posting isn't really on-topic/hockey-talk either - you are mini-modding.  If you have an issue, maybe try engaging (one of) the mods.

Lastly - the embellished nonsense - as if the discussion in this thread is "no better than trashing his family" is ridiculous wadr - so take your own advice and let the sensible rule the day / leave the modding up to the mods.

Lots of us are entirely aware that the quotes attributed to Eriksson were translated soundbites where we know little of the context, the questions he was asked, etc - and moreover, the possibilty of moving Eriksson does not simply reduce to the consequences of those comments.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

OR, can the Canucks trade Eriksson for a bad contract, only to buy out said contract?? 

Would that be a solution? 

The only way this happens imo is if a team wants Eriksson as a top 6 or at worst top 9 player. Benning would likely have to retain at least some of his cap hit and possibly add depending on the contract coming back.