The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

Guys what’s are the actual chances of us icing a full healthy line-up? When Roussel comes back 2 or 3 guys will be injured anyway. We go through this every year. We are not going to have a fully healthy line-up. Someone may have to go on waivers come season opener but I don’t really see us having too many forwards to be honest. It’s just how it goes.

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

Not sure why you responded to my post and bolder these words.  It was what I said and the entire point of my post.

I was reiterating the fact, as you said, that Eriksson is the best candidate to be sent down because of his contract. No one will take him.

On 6/14/2019 at 9:34 AM, sampy said:

Just dump Louie, even a 7th Rd pick.

I'd rather Zack MacEwen in the lineup over Lucic.

I got a better trade idea

To NHL team: LE

To Canucks: No no, it's ok....keep him. Our gift to you. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Guys what’s are the actual chances of us icing a full healthy line-up? When Roussel comes back 2 or 3 guys will be injured anyway. We go through this every year. We are not going to have a fully healthy line-up. Someone may have to go on waivers come season opener but I don’t really see us having too many forwards to be honest. It’s just how it goes.

Then you keep Gaud or MacEwen.  Getting rid of our six million dollar floater is addition by subtraction.

19 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Then you keep Gaud or MacEwen.  Getting rid of our six million dollar floater is addition by subtraction.

LE will probably sit on the fourth line for PK duty.  It will be a great embarrassment to him and to the club, but unless that 1M is the difference between having Boeser and not having Boeser, I think they will try to save face by keeping him on the team.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think LE is good on the PK and you don't want Horvat and Co on the PK if you can help it.

17 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

LE will probably sit on the fourth line for PK duty.  It will be a great embarrassment to him and to the club, but unless that 1M is the difference between having Boeser and not having Boeser, I think they will try to save face by keeping him on the team.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think LE is good on the PK and you don't want Horvat and Co on the PK if you can help it.

Horvat will 100% have, at least, some pk duty.

23 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

In order for Eriksson to play on the 4th line and be on the roster we will have to waive either Motte, Leivo or Goldobin.  All of them will be picked up on waivers so Eriksson will be the one who is waived and sent to Utica.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

In order for Eriksson to play on the 4th line and be on the roster we will have to waive either Motte, Leivo or Goldobin.  All of them will be picked up on waivers so Eriksson will be the one who is waived and sent to Utica.

Man I hope you are right!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Horvat will 100% have, at least, some pk duty.

With a healthy Sutter probably not. Even with Sutter injured last year he wasn't one of our main PKers(Granlund, Beagle, Motte, Schaller) and hardly had any compared to the PP time he had.

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I hope you're right. Depends who sits in the press box I guess also.

14 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I hope you're right. Depends who sits in the press box I guess also.

I think Goldobin will be the 13th forward unless there are injuries.  Baertschi will most likely start on the 3rd line even though I prefer Leivo there.  But if healthy I'm assuming Baertschi will be given the chance to play on the top 3 lines.  I can see this lineup to start the year:

Ferland     Pettersson   Boeser

Miller         Horvat         Pearson

Baertschi   Sutter         Virtanen

Leivo         Beagle         Motte

Goldobin - 13th forward

Roussel - LTIR

Eriksson - waived (Utica)

Schaller - waived (Utica)

Of course injuries could change this, but barring that this is what I can see.  I'm sure Goldobin will get opportunities as the season progresses, and I'm sure Schaller, Eriksson, MacEwen, Gaudette, Juolevi, Rafferty and Brisebois will all get called up at some point.  We have very good depth this year as we will have NHL players playing in Utica as well as a few callups that are most likely NHL ready.  Benning's offseason acquisitions have given us the grit and the depth we need to make a real strong playoff push.  We have a shot at 3rd place in our division I think.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think Goldobin will be the 13th forward unless there are injuries.  Baertschi will most likely start on the 3rd line even though I prefer Leivo there.  But if healthy I'm assuming Baertschi will be given the chance to play on the top 3 lines.  I can see this lineup to start the year:

Ferland     Pettersson   Boeser

Miller         Horvat         Pearson

Baertschi   Sutter         Virtanen

Leivo         Beagle         Motte

Goldobin - 13th forward

Roussel - LTIR

Eriksson - waived (Utica)

Schaller - waived (Utica)

Of course injuries could change this, but barring that this is what I can see.  I'm sure Goldobin will get opportunities as the season progresses, and I'm sure Schaller, Eriksson, MacEwen, Gaudette, Juolevi, Rafferty and Brisebois will all get called up at some point.  We have very good depth this year as we will have NHL players playing in Utica as well as a few callups that are most likely NHL ready.  Benning's offseason acquisitions have given us the grit and the depth we need to make a real strong playoff push.  We have a shot at 3rd place in our division I think.

Decent forward group.  Leivo on the 3rd line makes sense.  Fairly fast and gritty. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Decent forward group.  Leivo on the 3rd line makes sense.  Fairly fast and gritty. 

Yes I prefer a 3rd line with Leivo and Virtanen on the wings, but with Baertschi around I assume he will take a spot in the top 9.  I do like Baertschi, but not on a 3rd line.  I'd rather a bigger more physical player play there.  Of course Baertschi can always move up to Horvat's line if he's playing there and maybe you move Miller or Pearson to the 3rd line. 

Lots of mixing and matching will take place I think in the preseason to see which guys develop chemistry together.  The problem will come when Roussel is back in the lineup.  Who do you sit and who do you waive?  I'm thinking a trade might happen before Christmas to accommodate Roussel unless someone else gets injured which may very well happen.  Sutter and Baertschi are two guys that can't stay healthy so it's good we have lots of depth.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1