The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

15 hours ago, King Heffy said:

preferring to blame everyone but himself.

What blaming everyone are you talking about? 

It's quite clear that Green doesn't think Loui fits his plan. At least with the players available last season. Now, if we go into 3 scoring lines Loui might find a place. 

Loui knows that he needs to work harder... 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

What blaming everyone are you talking about? 

It's quite clear that Green doesn't think Loui fits his plan. At least with the players available last season. Now, if we go into 3 scoring lines Loui might find a place. 

Loui knows that he needs to work harder... 

While I usually disagree with what timrafan says I gotta agree with this post. He may find a spot and it's worth trying at his current cap hit. Worst case he doesn't and we waive him by mid November.

If it pans out tho it's a win/win situation

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Scary is that LE isn't the worst free agent signing from 2016.  It was a mistake but it probably could have been worse by a lot.  Probably our style of play didnt help LE either, and he didnt get off on the right foot scoring on our net in his first game lol.  We aren't going to be paying assets to get him off the books, so he is here to stay for the forseeable future, maybe even the length of the contract.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, amplified0ne said:

Scary is that LE isn't the worst free agent signing from 2016.  It was a mistake but it probably could have been worse by a lot.  Probably our style of play didnt help LE either, and he didnt get off on the right foot scoring on our net in his first game lol.  We aren't going to be paying assets to get him off the books, so he is here to stay for the forseeable future, maybe even the length of the contract.

Worst case scenario is Eriksson is around another 2 years.  That last year will be bought out as it actually saves Francesco money and saves us some cap space.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Worst case scenario is Eriksson is around another 2 years.  That last year will be bought out as it actually saves Francesco money and saves us some cap space.

I kinda feel like he might realistically consider retirement after next summer's bonus is paid if we can't move him elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

Not since Messier has there been so much hate on for a Canuck player by Canuck fans. Messier, just like Loui, was way over paid for his production but it didn’t end there. His lack of effort, drive and motivation was so obvious as is with Loui. This unfortunately is infectious on team morale, giving a bad example to others on the teammates and line mates.  To be paid so much and contribute so little, that becomes a poison on your team and creates a situation where others fall into the same lack of effort.

Regardless of what Louie brings to the “PK”, he ought to have been cut for the sake of the team. 

(On another note. If both were signed to league min salaries none of us would be enraged as we are now. The worst part about Louie is that his contract is based in a cap world that Messier was never a part of).

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Not since Messier has there been so much hate on for a Canuck player by Canuck fans. Messier, just like Loui, was way over paid for his production but it didn’t end there. His lack of effort, drive and motivation was so obvious as is with Loui. This unfortunately is infectious on team morale, giving a bad example to others on the teammates and line mates.  To be paid so much and contribute so little, that becomes a poison on your team and creates a situation where others fall into the same lack of effort.

Regardless of what Louie brings to the “PK”, he ought to have been cut for the sake of the team. 

(On another note. If both were signed to league min salaries none of us would be enraged as we are now. The worst part about Louie is that his contract is based in a cap world that Messier was never a part of).

Lol how on Earth can LE be compared to Messier? LE is simply a bad contract, Messier was a downright cancer.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

The thing with Eriksson is he is still an NHL calibre player, and what drives him is he can compete, even if it is at a lesser level than what he expected. He will retire when he does not compare to the players he plays against.....

They have ego's, but are probably their own harshest critics....trust me Loui knows what level he is playing at

22 minutes ago, PuckFather said:

Loui Eriksson.jpg

I have to say, that your picture of Loui is getting to me...….

I do not think it is fair...….imagine if your worst picture was posted where everyone else could see it

I know, I would hate to have some of mine up...God!

But I get why you have it up...lol

46 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Lol how on Earth can LE be compared to Messier? LE is simply a bad contract, Messier was a downright cancer.

You obviously did not read what I wrote. LE is a cancer. He shows the team you can sit on a 6M salary and not put any effort. Do you have any clue on what a team cancer is? 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

You obviously did not read what I wrote. LE is a cancer. He shows the team you can sit on a 6M salary and not put any effort. Do you have any clue on what a team cancer is? 

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

LE is also a cancer with his poor attitude and comments in the media.

You guys must not remember Messier during his time here. It's not even comparable.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2