The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

Just now, theo5789 said:

You guys must not remember Messier during his time here. It's not even comparable.

I remember him like it was yesterday. I was one of the fools who thought we have a guaranteed cup and bought an ice pack. I know it very well. 

You are still not getting the point.

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:20 PM, Alflives said:

What’s Messier got to do with Loui?  

I think the comparison should be made with Luongo as opposed to Messier. Messier was disliked by Canuck fans no matter how much his contract was. Luongo? He didn't play great and he didn't play bad, he just had a bad contract and he even admitted it. I am sure Lui would admit his contract is bad as well. Lui is similar as well. He is not playing great but he is not playing bad either.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I think the comparison should be made with Luongo as opposed to Messier. Messier was disliked by Canuck fans no matter how much his contract was. Luongo? He didn't play great and he didn't play bad, he just had a bad contract and he even admitted it. I am sure Lui would admit his contract is bad as well. Lui is similar as well. He is not playing great but he is not playing bad either.

Ericksson will be hated just as much as Messier when they name him captain on Wednesday! :frantic:

• Haha 4

On 10/1/2019 at 6:22 PM, grandmaster said:

Hated Canucks by Canuck fans and both way over paid who gave no effort.

I hate Messier a ton also! But his stats while may not have lived up to the expectations...They TRUMP the you know what our of Loui ErikSucks

Messiers 3 years below

1997-98 Vancouver Canucks NHL 82 22 38 60 58 -10 -- -- -- -- --
1998-99 Vancouver Canucks NHL 59 13 35 48 33 -12 -- -- -- -- --
1999-00 Vancouver Canucks NHL 66 17 37 54

Loui Eriksucks first 3 years below

2016-17 Vancouver Canucks NHL 65 11 13 24 8 -9 -- -- -- -- --
2017-18 Vancouver Canucks NHL 50 10 13 23 4 0 -- -- -- -- --
2018-19 Vancouver Canucks NHL 81 11 18 29 22 -11

24 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I hate Messier a ton also! But his stats while may not have lived up to the expectations...They TRUMP the you know what our of Loui ErikSucks

Messiers 3 years below

yep look at those stats  !st line miins   first unit powerplay   play with bure and molginy  and still a minus   they still both suck no matter how you spin it 

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Messiers 3 years below

Except Mess got Linden traded - and don't start about the return blah blah Sedins, it was a black mark on this franchise and still no cups.  Terrible move to trade your heart and soul leader like that.  That's why everyone hates Mess, him and Keenan came in, they obliterated this franchise and set it back years.  Also no Linden trade means no Steve Moore incident, another black mark on this franchise.

Thanks for indirectly making my blood boil:angry:

Spoiler

I kid, I kidB)

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2019 at 4:36 PM, King Heffy said:

LE is also a cancer with his poor attitude and comments in the media.

You're always obsessing over one whipping boy or another (if it's not Edler, it's v2.0,3.0,4.0 throught to LE).  That can't be good for your own health.

This kind of "cancer" talk is your signature, but probably, as usual, way overstated.

I'm not going to pretend I don't check in on TRS each day hoping to find LE waived - it's akin to when I was really wanting to see Gagner waived - not because I 'hate' either of them, but because I don't think they've sustained their game and are being eclipsed by younger players with more hunger - and futures - to fight for.

But the mitigating thing here might be the Canucks knowledge of the market - they know/knew what level of interest there was/wasn't in Baertschi - and they also know how close they were (or weren't) to moving LE's contract this summer.  From a pure hockey standpoint, I'd have liked to see him waived before the season started, but he's more cap to eat than Gagner was = if there's a small chance that he's moveable, waiving him probably does not enhance that - or the value you'd have to give up / take back in order to make that happen.  This management group is anything but casual in their decision-making, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being - I'm imagine Green would rather have moved on from this player, but I can see the point in seeing if he steps up and plays his way into a viable trade (although at this point, after seeing preseason and game 1, I'm not highly optimisitic in that sense - he hasn't exactly looked like a guy fighting for a fresh start - at least not in this league)...

So I continue to check in on the waiver wire...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 10/4/2019 at 12:16 PM, Canuckster86 said:

Messiers 3 years below

Not only that, but the team around him learned a lot about how to be a professional and be a leader. I heard a radio interview from Brian Burke the other day and he had nothing but good things to say about Messier. Burke said he pulled Messier into his office around the TDL the last 2 years of his deal and asked him if he wanted to be traded. Messier could have taken the easy way out but both times he said Burkey, I came here to do a job and the job isn't done. 

If Keanen wasn't our GM and Linden didn't get traded, would Canucks fans really hate Messier? I don't think so. 

Edit: I moved this month and when I was going through my things, look what I found :P

RDT_20190901_2207326923589832587784996.jpg

Edited by VIC_CITY
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2019 at 3:44 PM, the grinder said:

yep look at those stats  !st line miins   first unit powerplay   play with bure and molginy  and still a minus   they still both suck no matter how you spin it 

Messier finished #2, #2, and #3 on the team in scoring vs Eriksson at #7, #10, #6. Messier came with a lot more baggage and higher expectations but Loui Eriksson is horribly bad. 

That said even with higher expectations, Eriksson scored 38% of the points he scored the year before signing in Vancouver vs Messier at 71%. Also Messier being 36 it is not so surprising at that age he would slow down considerably whereas Eriksson at 30 should have had a few good years of hockey left in him. 

Messier was the worst player to happen to the franchise but for what he is paid Eriksson takes the win for most disappointing production. 

• Upvote 1

I believe peoples hate for Messier started back in 1994 game 6, when he cheap shot Linden behind the play at the end of the game, and we all know what famous line came from that play, "He'll play, you know he'll play", but my hate for Messier started when that happened, then him coming to Vancouver after just added to the fuel and then the other crap that happened when he got here was the boiling point.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I believe peoples hate for Messier started back in 1994 game 6, when he cheap shot Linden behind the play at the end of the game, and we all know what famous line came from that play, "He'll play, you know he'll play", but my hate for Messier started when that happened, then him coming to Vancouver after just added to the fuel and then the other crap that happened when he got here was the boiling point.

My hate for that frighin’ LOSER Messier started a decade before that ‘94 Final.  Guy is a complete pice of sh*t.  He is a frifgi’ coward too.  I laughed so hard whe he peed his pants when Joel Otto tried to fight him.  What a loser Messier was, is, and always will be.  He’s a bully, and a coward.  Hate the guy’s guts.  Oh, he doesn’t have any guts.  He’s a POS.  I’d kick his A$$ and I’m crippled.  

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

My hate for that frighin’ LOSER Messier started a decade before that ‘94 Final.  Guy is a complete pice of sh*t.  He is a frifgi’ coward too.  I laughed so hard whe he peed his pants when Joel Otto tried to fight him.  What a loser Messier was, is, and always will be.  He’s a bully, and a coward.  Hate the guy’s guts.  Oh, he doesn’t have any guts.  He’s a POS.  I’d kick his A$$ and I’m crippled.  

Wow Alf!  I didn’t see this kind of visceral reaction out of you.  If I crouched behind him would you give him a shove?

• Haha 2