The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

12 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I could see something like this happening except for the fact that Eriksson still has a NTC. I don't see him waiving it for Ottawa.

If he refused to go to Ottawa we could get around it by waiving him... guess who has first dibs on him?

Ottawa B)

Edited by coryberg
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I’ll meh the s*!* out of you, Phil. 

Absolutely agree on the last part though. Goodbye and good riddance you friggin dweeb. Someday I’ll tell my Canucks-loving children about the second biggest *$$hat to ever play for the Canucks, Loui Eriksson. 

Who's the first?

23 minutes ago, oldnews said:

pay his signing bonus and then offload him to Ottawa -n the hook for only 1 million salary this season, and then 4 million including bonuses the last two seasons

that cheap tool Melnyk gets 18million of cap hit for 9 million

To Snottawa:

LE

To Van:

Clarke Macarthur

MacArthur's contract is insured and helps them reach the floor.  They are probably looking for more LTIR contracts which are covered by insurance.  They get the cap hit for minimal cost.  Eriksson takes a roster spot and has to be paid. 

11 minutes ago, rekker said:

Question for you arm chair GM's out there. What are the ramifications if LE stays and plays in Sweden this year? Contract terminated? He comes back the following year with a clean slate or do the Canucks still own the cap hit? Is this an option for a disgruntled LE  and the Canucks?

There are clauses regarding loans outside the NHL... but I don't recall it ever happening.  It would be likely a retirement and/or mutual agreement to terminate the contract.  I don't see that happening and his camp hasn't even hinted at it.  He wants his money.

In the CBA Article 11 Section 19 (Loan to Clubs outside North America), it reads as follows: " The SPC [Standard Player Contract] of any Player may contain a clause that provides that, in the event his NHL Club Loans the Player to a club outside the NHL, during the period of such Loan, the Player shall have the option to be Loaned to a club of his choice outside North America. The clause may relieve the NHL Club of the obligation to pay the Player his Paragraph 1 Salary [aka his base salary, must be greater than >$650,000 in 2017-18 (11.12.a)] for the duration of such Loan if such relief is expressly stated in the provision, but the NHL Club shall otherwise be responsible for all other payments due to the Player by the NHL Club pursuant to his SPC. Such clause shall be subject to any applicable Player Transfer Agreement between the NHL and a hockey federation and/or the IIHF in effect, at the time of the Loan. The Player shall be permitted to make financial arrangements for compensation and other benefits with the club outside North America for the duration of the Loan, which financial compensation and benefits shall not be included in Averaged Club Salary, Actual Club Salary, League-wide Player Compensation or the Players' Share. The Club shall be required to provide to the NHL and the NHLPA in accordance with Exhibit 3 any loan agreement entered into in relation to such Loan by no later than 5:00 p.m. New York time on the day following the day the Club has received the executed loan agreement"

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Canucks fan.

I think that is the standard.

That would be the nail in Benning's coffin for me.  24 million dollar goon on NMC.

Well, I won't like it either. But as long as he goes out there and shows you can't fu*k with Boeser/Petey/Hughes I'll live with it if it happens. As much as it'll pain me. 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Depends on the sweetener

I don't think EDM pays up enough in sweetener to make it worthwhile, but if they do, absolutely!

Otherwise they can have that boat anchor dragging them around for the next few years. That's just as helpful to Vancouver anyway ::D

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

He actually won’t be hard to move after July 1 when his bonus is paid. At that point his cash salary is 3 mil which is fine for what he brings but his cap hit is $6 mil. Cap floor teams love players like this as they get free cap floor boosts. Easily get a 4th for him.

I agree - except at the point you believe it would be easy to extract a 4th round pick for him.

Cap floor teams - ie bottomfeeders - are unlikely to be, and should not be in the business of moving picks for dead cap - I think it might be unrealistic to expect a pick in return.

Just dump him for nothing and be done with it - take a lesser, expiring contract back if need be.

I think if you want a pick back, you need to package a decent young player with him:

To Ottawa

Erkisson

Goldobin

To Vancouver

Ottawa 3rd or San Jose 2nd 19 (late 2nd).

• Cheers 2

I for one am interested to know why Eriksson failed to perform in a canucks uniform. What went wrong with his game and all. But anyways, move on for the sake of both parties. Think we could get a mid round draft pick for this guy? 

22 minutes ago, mpt said:

Would you rather keep a player and bring down the whole team or remove him from the dressing room and allow the rest of the players to be around players that want to be here.  Best thing to do is cut off the wound.

And how do you suggest that be done when no other teams really want him?  If he is such an issue for the team, you don't think GMJB would have tried to move him for anything he could these past couple seasons?

Like I said, just because the Canucks WANT to move him, doesn't mean he'll be moved.  Nor does him wanting to be moved, mean he'll be moved. 

I stuck to my guns since the signing.

ive called this guy out at every turn.

its not something I enjoyed doing.  Just saying.

terrible signing.  Can’t believe a big ice surface performance was enough to garner a contract.

the “little things” have been defended since the signing as well. 

But the the bottom line is, loui has not only underperformed relative to his contract he has been downright invisible for any veteran.

i hope there is truth here and he is not in blue next year.  I’ll take any prospect in his spot please and thank you.

46 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I could see something like this happening except for the fact that Eriksson still has a NTC. I don't see him waiving it for Ottawa.

Play here, accept the trade or sit at home. His choice.

• Upvote 2

Just now, sonoman said:

Play here, accept the trade or sit at home. His choice.

Give him Utica as a choice too.  Then, if he refuses to accept the trade, he's riding buses.  (Likely he would sit at home instead though)