The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

7 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Do you want to know what would be worse for Eriksson than being sent to Utica ? 

Having to play in front of our fans . 

Said it earlier, might be the first Canuck Jersey I’ve seen burning on fire on Home ice.

33 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Said it earlier, might be the first Canuck Jersey I’ve seen burning on fire on Home ice.

Have two players from the same team ever fought during a game ?

Would be interesting to see Ferland fight Lou.  

Initiated by Ferland of coarse. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Battlemonger said:

I love the Sedins and all, but I really feel they applied some good pressure to get Eriksson on the team. The nucks really needed a 1st line RW at the time and Eriksson was a very good option then. It's just too bad Eriksson fell apart when he donned the nucks uniform. I, personally, wouldn't put this all on Benning.

It was Benning’s gaffe. Every GM makes them. I like Benning too. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It was Benning’s gaffe. Every GM makes them. I like Benning too. 

for sure, but one a lot of good GMs would have made. And did that free agency. Man thats just an ugly outcome for a lot of teams that day. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

for sure, but one a lot of good GMs would have made. And did that free agency. Man thats just an ugly outcome for a lot of teams that day. 

I wanted Ladd and I'd happily trade Loui for Ladd with a sweetener... Ladd plays the style Jim likes atleast. 

28 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I wanted Ladd and I'd happily trade Loui for Ladd with a sweetener... Ladd plays the style Jim likes atleast. 

No thanks. He is 33 years old and has 4 more years at 5.5 per. That is as bad as lucic. Canucks need cap room in two years and this trade would not help that.....no interest at all.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

No thanks. He is 33 years old and has 4 more years at 5.5 per. That is as bad as lucic. Canucks need cap room in two years and this trade would not help that.....no interest at all.

I agree but like the Lucic deal it depends on the sweetener and would you rather have Ladd or Lucic and I'll add both deals would have made more sense before the ferland signed or the Miller trade. 

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

I agree but like the Lucic deal it depends on the sweetener and would you rather have Ladd or Lucic and I'll add both deals would have made more sense before the ferland signed or the Miller trade. 

I would honestly prefer neither.

I would rather JB just sends Loui to Utica like Alf keeps saying.

Save 1m on the cap and the contract ends one year before either lucic or ladd which, imo, will be extremely important for the team in 3 years. I am still hopeful JB can dump Loui without taking on some major dump back.....do to some cheap owner liking the fact he gets a 6m cap player for only an avg of 3 m per year in real money....and that player can help out their powerplay.  

I know...I am probably dreaming but I will hold out hope until mid September!!! 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I would honestly prefer neither.

I would rather JB just sends Loui to Utica like Alf keeps saying.

Save 1m on the cap and the contract ends one year before either lucic or ladd which, imo, will be extremely important for the team in 3 years. I am still hopeful JB can dump Loui without taking on some major dump back.....do to some cheap owner liking the fact he gets a 6m cap player for only an avg of 3 m per year in real money....and that player can help out their powerplay.  

I know...I am probably dreaming but I will hold out hope until mid September!!! 

I like your idea better ha it's just a few people have said for a trade to work, it would probably mean two bad contracts switching....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

OMG... still no update yet with Eriksson's contract termination?? 

OK.... so he got paid his undeserving fat bonus on July 15.... maybe he's playing it safe to make sure his bank clears the cheque before accepting the deal to walk away?

Not that simple

• Cheers 1

I don’t understand his complaint about not being used properly. He was tried multiple times with Pettersson. Did well the first time, but so did everyone who played with him early in the season. He played a ton with Bo as well. He didn’t deserve 1st unit pp time.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Hey man, show a little respect. I mean, we burnt the city down twice but a JERSEY? Come on, we have a little more respect than that...

*pours gasoline on jersey*

dave-chappelle-fuck-yo-couch.gif

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

I don’t understand his complaint about not being used properly. He was tried multiple times with Pettersson. Did well the first time, but so did everyone who played with him early in the season. He played a ton with Bo as well. He didn’t deserve 1st unit pp time.

He struggled with Desjardins as Coach as well..  WD had him on that 1st pp for the entire season, and with the twins full time.

I think LE’s situation speaks highly of the reasoning with trying to sign RFA’s to better, longer term contracts,. AGE  is becoming a huge factor, if you can keep a younger player longer than the typical 2-3 year version,. You get more of their prime years.

A UFA that is 28, 29, 30 may soon be considered “past prime”or declining,.  the game is getting so incredibly fast and skillful.. and you may have someone already in your system that is ready to fill that position.  Keep it fresh, move guys on before UFA (with exceptions of course), and restock your draft pick page.

The the typical 31-35 year old will move on.   The talent pool is getting pretty thick.

• Upvote 1

Some realistic options that might work:

To Ottawa:

Eriksson

2020 4th round pick

To Vancouver:

Gaborik

Boedker

Why this might work? Eriksson is now only owed 9 million in actual dollars while eating up 18 million in cap space across 3 years. Although Gaborik is on IR, I believe that Ottawa still has to pay his salary (someone correct me if I'm wrong there), and with us, he could easily slip into an IR status for the duration of his contract, without affecting our ability to ice all the way to the cap. Both players from Ottawa are combined remaining salary of just over 9 million, so actual dollars balance out. 2020 4th round pick as a thank-you for doing it. If Boedker can't make the team out of camp we are able to ship him to Utica and absorb a cap hit of slightly under 3 million for 1 season, which is better than having Eriksson eating up just under 5 million for 3 seasons.

Or

To Edmonton (yes Edmonton)

Eriksson 2 million cap retained

Tanev

2020 5th

To Vancouver

Gagner (yes Gagner)

Larsson

Puljujarvi

Not too sure of the overall numbers on this, but Edmonton gets rid of 2 problem contracts, both of which we can likely reflip or, in the case of Gagner, bury in Utica, and worst case, Gagner's is off the books next summer and Larsson's the year after that.. We pickup a solid prospect in Puljujarvi, as part of the value we are giving up in Tanev. Not a big fan of making Edmonton better, but we both have an couple of issues to resolve.

To Dallas

Eriksson (1.5 million retained)

Jasek

2021 3rd

To Vancouver

Hanzal

Honka

Dallas unloads a problem contract in Hanzal and a D that has been rumored to being shopped. They get a B level but promising prospect, and a 3rd round pick and a reliable defensive forward who can still keep up.

Now, none of these trades are in any way perfect and we're never going to find a perfect one with Loui. A lot of the suggestions that I've been seeing come through here are for other players who's contracts run at least as long, or longer than Loui's. What I'm trying to look for in attempting to get a match, is teams that have a bad contract or two, that are close in value to what we are at with Eriksson, but where the contract(s) should end either next summer or the one after, clearing space for when we need it to re-up with Hughes and Pettersson. Even if we have to eat extra salary for the next couple of years, clear it for when we need it.

We can get through this season and next season with the space that we have. Its the 3rd year where we need to create space a little more urgently.

Flame away, or suggest other opportunities out there, who are not named Lucic, where we could make a change that will clear cap for us sooner, not later.

6 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

We've done this before and you seem to never get and I'm starting to think you never will. Maybe things are different where your from but for me if I ever called out a coach or acted like Loui I would being doing drills for ever or until I puked. It's a trust realationship between a coach and a player and Loui broke that and now you can tell me different can you?

The difference is that Loui didn't call out the coach. I finally realised you guys thought Loui blamed Green for what's happen. Loui only described a situation and the journalists run away with a headline that seems to blame Green.

Then people spread rhumours like they are spin doctors.  Do you think that is good? Fans don't let Benning and Green decide what to do when fans behave like this.

Edited by Timråfan

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

The difference is that Loui didn't call out the coach. I finally realised you guys thought Loui blamed Green for what's happen. Loui only described a situation and the journalists run away with a headline that seems to blame Green.

Then people spread rhumours like they are spin doctors.  Do you think that is good? Fans don't let Benning and Green decide what to do when fans behave like this.

When someone says he doesn't have the trust of the coach and hasn't been put in a position to succeed....what do you call that? 

I do have to ask are you Loui's stalker or secret lover or family member? Cause it seems Iike a lot of fans and hockey insiders see a different Loui? In your Fantasy world are there rides? And do the Canucks with a cup?

oh you ever get around to watching that tsn video I sent you cause that would solve a lot of Problems...,and your argument might have merit. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

When someone says he doesn't have the trust of the coach and hasn't been put in a position to succeed....what do you call that? 

I do have to ask are you Loui's stalker or secret lover or family member? Cause it seems Iike a lot of fans and hockey insiders see a different Loui? In your Fantasy world are there rides? And do the Canucks with a cup?

oh you ever get around to watching that tsn video I sent you cause that would solve a lot of Problems...,and your argument might have merit. 

You have two things in play here. A journalist trying to get under Louis skin and cultural differences between a swede and canadian.

The journalist got Loui relaxed and made him speak from his heart. Very common with journalists that knows what they're doin. Loui then described the situation everyone around already has seen. Green play him defensively(hiding in lines if you want) and bench him one game.

Loui then say he has to work harder to try to fix it(in other words...)

What's the problem with that?

Benning should just have laughed at the situation and said to journos, "don't you have anything better to write about?", and left it there.

Regarding family member erc... It's called having a brain and use it.

The worst posters here don't know how much damage they do to the team when they ridicule/hate players like they do. So it's not about Loui. If it happens with a canadian player next time I will stand up for that guy also.

• Cheers 1

On 7/17/2019 at 8:29 PM, King Heffy said:

That's fair.  So send him to Utica and then just healthy scratch him for the full year?  Then if he won't terminate and causes any kind of issue with attitude, suspend him.  Wouldn't welcome him back here, even as the 13th forward.  Would have been ok if he'd had the brain cells necessary to keep his trap shut, but I don't want a lazy floater who's also a cancer in the locker room with his attitude towards a coach who's been more than generous.  He has played his last game in the NHL in all likelihood.

Loui isn't a cancer in the locker room. Ease up on the hyperbole...

• Cheers 1