The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

17 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

You have two things in play here. A journalist trying to get under Louis skin and cultural differences between a swede and canadian.

Considering I'm in an international marriage (different culture and language), I can understand what you say.

Whether he is traded or not, let the chips fall where they may.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Talon71 said:

Considering I'm in an international marriage (different culture and language), I can understand what you say.

Whether he is traded or not, let the chips fall where they may.

If only more fans could understand what cultural differences mean.

I hope management can learn something and get this team to another, more modern, level of approach.

I don't have any problem with Benning and Green deciding the future. The problem is all the dirty fans spreading rumours, trying to put pressure on management. It isn't any good for the team at all.

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Although Gaborik is on IR, I believe that Ottawa still has to pay his salary (someone correct me if I'm wrong there),

Yes and no.

Gaborik still gets paid. And his cap hit still counts. But insurance covers up to 80% of the actual money paid to players with long term injuries.

So depending on the owner (and Ottawa’s is known to be a bit of a cheapskate), it might be preferable to carry a player with an injury, even if the team is near the cap floor and can’t benefit from LTIR relief, rather than replace that player with a healthy one, and have to actually pay a full salary.

Ottawa is currently just over the cap floor, with around $9 million in injured players. I their actual salary cost for this season is only around $53 million, when you factor in the insurance, and some of their players being on higher cap hits higher than their salaries.

7 hours ago, Timråfan said:

You have two things in play here. A journalist trying to get under Louis skin and cultural differences between a swede and canadian.

The journalist got Loui relaxed and made him speak from his heart. Very common with journalists that knows what they're doin. Loui then described the situation everyone around already has seen. Green play him defensively(hiding in lines if you want) and bench him one game.

Loui then say he has to work harder to try to fix it(in other words...)

What's the problem with that?

Benning should just have laughed at the situation and said to journos, "don't you have anything better to write about?", and left it there.

Regarding family member erc... It's called having a brain and use it.

The worst posters here don't know how much damage they do to the team when they ridicule/hate players like they do. So it's not about Loui. If it happens with a canadian player next time I will stand up for that guy also.

So what your saying is we need more Swedish Journalists in Vancouver, and less Swedish players.

You claim everyone is too hard on Eriksson for his terrible production and play for 6m per.

Why are you so soft for him?

You think he is entitled for some reason, deserving of tons of dollars for lacklustre performance?

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Timråfan said:

If only more fans could understand what cultural differences mean.

I hope management can learn something and get this team to another, more modern, level of approach.

I don't have any problem with Benning and Green deciding the future. The problem is all the dirty fans spreading rumours, trying to put pressure on management. It isn't any good for the team at all.

It will make this team stronger and more determined to have a player replace Eriksson. a high work ethic is expected in regular season than what we have seen for 3 years

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

You claim everyone is too hard on Eriksson for his terrible production and play for 6m per.

Why are you so soft for him?

You think he is entitled for some reason, deserving of tons of dollars for lacklustre performance?

I claim that the hate and idiotic posts is hurting the Canucks.

I claim that Benning should have handled the situation much better than he did both in this case and the situation with Dahlen.

I claim that the constant shifting in lines Green did wasn't any good for the players production. If Loui was one of them I can't say. Goldie, Virtanen, Gudbranson, Pouliot etc could all be suffering from the constant tinkering with the lines. If it was due the rebuilding process it seems Green idn't talk about it with his players. So it might be lacking in communication.

Loui isn't entitled but I leave it up to Green and Benning to decide. I don't want them to be afraid of what the fans think and make mindless reactions.

If you remember it was Benning handle over the money to Loui. Do you want Benning fired also? If not, stop whining...

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

It will make this team stronger and more determined to have a player replace Eriksson. a high work ethic is expected in regular season than what we have seen for 3 years

And I don't have anything against that. It's only the $&!#ty posts dragging the whole Canuck brand in the dirt while hurting players and their families I'm against. Benning should really do his job as a GM.

Edited by Timråfan
  • Wat 1

9 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

And I don't have anything against that. It's only the $&!#ty posts dragging the whole Canuck brand in the dirt while hurting players and their families I'm against. Benning should really do his job as a GM.

If you think that posts on a website are hurting the Canucks "brand", you truly are silly, Loui. Silly like a fox!

• Haha 1

Do you honestly think people blatting off on here is hurting the canucks, if so I believe it is you that takes all that crap too seriously. Let it go, relax, there will always be people you claim as idiots posting on this board get over it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I claim that Benning should have handled the situation much better than he did both in this case and the situation with Dahlen.

I claim that the constant shifting in lines Green did wasn't any good for the players production. If Loui was one of them I can't say. Goldie, Virtanen, Gudbranson, Pouliot etc could all be suffering from the constant tinkering with the lines. If it was due the rebuilding process it seems Green idn't talk about it with his players. So it might be lacking in communication.

Loui isn't entitled but I leave it up to Green and Benning to decide. I don't want them to be afraid of what the fans think and make mindless reactions.

If you remember it was Benning handle over the money to Loui. Do you want Benning fired also? If not, stop whining...

If you think for a second that anyone in management or who plays on the team, or LE himself give two $&!#s about what a handful of fans think, give your head a shake. We are not that special, and they are used to the criticism.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If you think that posts on a website are hurting the Canucks "brand", you truly are silly, Loui. Silly like a fox!

This is an open forum under nhl.com. It's not any obscur, dark place no one finds. Every kid goes here and find a lot of crap. The HF forum or what is called isn't anything I found when I was looking for a fan forum. It was this forum.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

In a single post you ripped into a fan base from what I can understand, seems to be making comments on things they don't fully understand, and then rip Benning on things you don't fully understand. 

Dahlen clearly had more issues then Benning. I wish him luck, but it's not looking good for him so far. That's all on him, not Benning. Then you fire into an assumption that Green doesn't communicate with his players. Which I have never heard reported at all, besides from you. Given that you couldn't even recall if Eriksson was part of that, I'm going to assume you didn't watch the majority of the games last year to take note.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Benning should be a mod on CDC... Confirmed? 

Just now, Timråfan said:

This is an open forum under nhl.com. It's not any obscur, dark place no one finds. Every kid goes here and find a lot of crap. The HF forum or what is called isn't anything I found when I was looking for a fan forum. It was this forum.

Every kid? So every kid in Canada goes on Canucks.com and is exposed to the horrors of fan opinion and conjecture. Just because it's tops on a search engine hit, doesn't mean that this is the overarching influencer of the fan base. Far from it. Keep reaching though.

10 minutes ago, crobar said:

Do you honestly think people blatting off on here is hurting the canucks, if so I believe it is you that takes all that crap too seriously. Let it go, relax, there will always be people you claim as idiots posting on this board get over it.

There is too many nutcases out  there and react/interact with forums like this. They go a step further than just talking on this forum. They can send hate through Twitter, Facebook, e-mail etc... Fueled by hate on forums like this.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Every kid? So every kid in Canada goes on Canucks.com and is exposed to the horrors of fan opinion and conjecture. Just because it's tops on a search engine hit, doesn't mean that this is the overarching influencer of the fan base. Far from it. Keep reaching though.

So, where do fans of the Canucks go on the net?

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

There is too many nutcases out  there and react/interact with forums like this. They go a step further than just talking on this forum. They can send hate through Twitter, Facebook, e-mail etc... Fueled by hate on forums like this.

The ironing is delicious.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

In a single post you ripped into a fan base from what I can understand, seems to be making comments on things they don't fully understand, and then rip Benning on things you don't fully understand. 

Dahlen clearly had more issues then Benning. I wish him luck, but it's not looking good for him so far. That's all on him, not Benning. Then you fire into an assumption that Green doesn't communicate with his players. Which I have never heard reported at all, besides from you. Given that you couldn't even recall if Eriksson was part of that, I'm going to assume you didn't watch the majority of the games last year to take note.

Regarding Dahlen and Loui, it's their coaches that decide. I don't bother.

If Green wanted the team to finish low, is that something he would be open with?

Hey guys, I want you to loose a few more games. Petey made this team too good too quick.

• Wat 1