The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

It seemed pretty deliberate on LE’s part. He crossed a line. My guess is it’s Utica for him.

Did you watch or read the whole interview?  I didn't, so I don't know the context.  I also don't know Swedish and wouldn't say if trust Google translate to convey meaning and context

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Exactly.  When you're a marginal performer, don't badmouth the boss to the press.  He decided to attempt to put pressure on the team and it's going to backfire by sending him to an appropriate league for his effort level, the AHL.  You don't want someone with this much of an attitude issue on a young team so young players think the garbage that comes out of this clown's mouth is ok.  Making an example of him is the best solution and clears up a spot for someone who is willing to put the work in to become an actual NHLer.

Loui's made his bed and he can sleep on it instead of on the ice like he's been doing since he arrived here.

I strongly suggest you read the entire interview ratger than cherry picking quotes that you can skew to support your vitriol.

In reality, LE did not badmouth Green at all. He simply said (and its obvious tbh) that he does not have Green's trust and doesn't feel he is used in a role that fits his strengths. You can debate if he is correct but really the evidence of how he played when trusted in big game situations by Julien in Boston at least partially supports his opinion. 

I am not even a fan and want him gone but i see his quote as being used to further a negative narrative about him. Same as saying he is lazy and puts no effort in. That is demonstrably false as well on the whole.

Edited by Silver Ghost
  • Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

I strongly suggest you read the entire interview ratger than cherry picking quotes that you can skew to support your vitriol.

In reality, LE did not badmouth Green at all. He simply said (and its obvious tbh) that he does not have Green's trust and doesn't feel he is used in a role that fits his strengths. You can debate if he is correct but really the evidence of how he played when trusted in big game situations by Julien in Boston at least partially supports his opinion. 

I am not even a fan and want him gone but i see his quote as being used to further a negative narrative about him. Same as saying he is lazy and puts no effort in. That is demonstrably false as well on the whole.

Read the whole interview.  Still think it was disrespectful for a coach who's given him numerous opportunities in the top six and defending him despite playing like a useless plug.  Loui Eriksson didn't play in the top six because he did NOTHING during his time here to indicate he belonged there.  He shouldn't have opened his trap about the coach at all when he's clearly not playing at an acceptable level.  Same as Gagner last year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

It seemed pretty deliberate on LE’s part. He crossed a line. My guess is it’s Utica for him.

I would it sounds like JB didn't think it was all that bad.  He's shown to be a pretty truthful guy so far, so I tend to go with his assessment.

I certainly think a trade is the thing for all involved, but that's a tough trade to make.  JB just got the depth he's been working towards, I don't see him adding a significant asset as a sweetener just to dump him.  If he can't get a deal done, LE is still a more than capable bottom 6 player.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I would it sounds like JB didn't think it was all that bad.  He's shown to be a pretty truthful guy so far, so I tend to go with his assessment.

I certainly think a trade is the thing for all involved, but that's a tough trade to make.  JB just got the depth he's been working towards, I don't see him adding a significant asset as a sweetener just to dump him.  If he can't get a deal done, LE is still a more than capable bottom 6 player.

Regardless if what is or isn't  true about LE,  I would imagine it pretty hard to put LE on the ice for Vancouver come October given the general feelings of the fan base at this point. 

There have been whipping boys in the past but this would take the cake.

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, erkayloomeh said:

Regardless if what is or isn't  true about LE,  I would imagine it pretty hard to put LE on the ice for Vancouver come October given the general feelings of the fan base at this point. 

There have been whipping boys in the past but this would take the cake.

Keith Ballard and Mason Raymond say hi.

And Edler. And Gudbranson. And Vey. etc etc etc lol

Edited by Silver Ghost

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Personally I’d pee myself first and then get my scooter up to top speed (8 kph) ASAP.  If Looch is on skates, and I’m on the sidewalk, I’m pretty sure I could get away - with just the wet Depends, of course. 

Seems to me your assuming he can run as fast as he can skate, which isn't a given. 

10 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

No way. Especially not Ballard.

To the best of my recollection Ballard and Raymond had there play attacked. 

LE had his play , effort level , lack of skill and his integrity attacked 

Seems worse to me 

3 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Seems worse to me 

Ballard at least accepted his role without complaining and would drop the mitts to defend teammates.  Hated the contract, liked the player.  Raymond was never the same after the cheapshot.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Seems worse to me 

I dont think Ballard would agree that he was not subjected to a lot of fan vitriol right from the moment they traded for him that only got worse as time went on.

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Ballard at least accepted his role without complaining and would drop the mitts to defend teammates.  Hated the contract, liked the player.  Raymond was never the same after the cheapshot.

They should have traded Ballard long before they eventually let him go. Just wasnt a good fit at all. Much like Eriksson now. 

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Imo, that is more media driven, reinforced by the usual pitchfork toting mob.  I'm not saying there's nothing there, but it's nothing serious either, imo 

Overblown story or not, I don't see a spot for him on this roster or a player I'd rather sit/waive more, that would make having him here worth while. Especially when you consider the constant media/fan distraction he'd be. The team doesn't need that.

He's done here.

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

You mention how he said he doesn’t have Green’s trust? He over trusted him all season with just a one game benching! His statement is a joke as it was completely opposite. Green should have never mind benched him more, but he ought to have sent him to the minors for a few weeks. 

LE was terrible all season long and Green praised the “little things”. A 6M useless fool that failed to do anything other than kill some penalties. 

The lazy effort that many here mention is brought upon his upon his failure to execute any form of dominance. It’s not all about point production (although at 6M he ought to produce that way too). He delivered 3 hits all season, was a minus 11 player so not very good defensively and never showed any form of net presence.

The narrative which most posters here state, is completely true.

I appreciate your enthusiasm to defend LE, but you are wrong.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

I dont think Ballard would agree that he was not subjected to a lot of fan vitriol right from the moment they traded for him that only got worse as time went on.

We've all got different opinions on the so called whipping boys and there play. Like King Heffy said Ballard at leàst dropped the mitts for his team mates which to me speaks of his character and effort level. I just find it hard myself to be critical of a player like that. 

And all the other negatives that are being spoken of around here about Lou don't matter to me as much as the fact that what I feel I'm seeing on the ice is someone who is playing with an effort level of about 80 %.   Not trying to argue with others, that's just what I see. 

13 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

And you make a good point that fans were on Ballard as soon as he got here and it only got worse. So maybe your right about that. 

But I would say that the way things are going at the moment, if LE laces them up for us this year, and the way things are trending around here, I think he will easily out do KB in the unpopularity contest.

16 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

You mention how he said he doesn’t have Green’s trust? He over trusted him all season with just a one game benching! His statement is a joke as it was completely opposite. Green should have never mind benched him more, but he ought to have sent him to the minors for a few weeks. 

LE was terrible all season long and Green praised the “little things”. A 6M useless fool that failed to do anything other than kill some penalties. 

The lazy effort that many here mention is brought upon his upon his failure to execute any form of dominance. It’s not all about point production (although at 6M he ought to produce that way too). He delivered 3 hits all season, was a minus 11 player so not very good defensively and never showed any form of net presence.

The narrative which most posters here state, is completely true.

I appreciate your enthusiasm to defend LE, but you are wrong.

I am not even a fan of LE. I have no need to defend him. I just can't stand hyperbolic BS uninformed opiniond that choose to stretch the narrative to a ridiculous extreme.

A couple of things.

Eriksson was not really terrible all season long. Even Green said so. He was terrible relative to the expectations that come with his contract i guess but thats hardly the same thing.

Your fluff definition of lazy doesnt even make sense. Lazy means not trying, taking shortcuts, avoiding putting in the effort, etc. Eriksson performed his role fine in terms of his effort level.

Plus minus is a team strength stat more than an individual stat. Weak teams generally have more minus players than strong teams. And so was the case with the Canucks. 

Using hits as a performance benchmark for Eriksson is disengenous. Thats never been his game and no one (at least no one realistic and reasonable) expects it to be. 

His job was largely defensive but he did thrive previously as a net front guy and could stand to try to get back to doing that more consistently for sure.

No NHL player is at either polar end of the spectrum like many want to suggest Eriksson is. Thats simply hyperbole as is the overstated unrealistic evaluation by people who cannot see any positive at all in him as a player. Its just unrealistic and, quite honestly, shows that some people's evaluation is exceedingly shallow.

Edited by Silver Ghost
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2