The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

2 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

I think he’s delusional or a narcissist. The fact he can’t even see how piss poor his play was and blames or bitches about Green, when he’s been a pro for how long? As O’Neill said a coach doesn’t staple you to the bench because you’re playing too good. The fact no team wants him as you said, is going to be the rude awakening for him. He’s better off breaking his contract and going to play in Europe. He’ll get 1.5 mil to play in the KHL and prob 2-3 years

Loui’s so friggin’ arrogant he thinks he can manipulate a trade to Dallas!  He thinks the Canucks will just retain salary and add a sweetener (like Jake) to help him out.  He’s friggin’ nuts!  When the Canucks do put him on waivers, he will retire.  In fact IMO Loui will retire when he finally accepts no NHL team wants him, and the Canucks are about to put him on waivers fir the purpose to send him down.  

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Dude he’s not a 19 year old rookie that needs coddling. He has shown he doesn’t have the drive to compete. That’s all one needs to see to suggest he doesn’t belong here anymore 

The LE defenders on here are like bad cholesterol, lets call them the LDL (Loui Defense League). Their constant uplifting of the bum, is mind boggling.

Even if Larcenous Loui were to come back and play for us next season, and subsequently pinch an even bigger loaf offensively, the LDL would still extol the mighty virtues of the clown that is Loui E.

"But Loui had a Corsi of Pi r2, and his analytics point to him being an all around helluva guy" blah blah blah...

Come on already GMJB, get rid of the guy, at this point LE + Goldy for a Slurpee and a 7th would be a good enough return for me.

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, dontaylorforprez said:

Would Eriksson, Goldy, and like.. a 3rd be enough to get Bennett out of Calgary’s dumpster fire? Retain some salary if we gotta?

Love to get 18 year old Sam Bennet.  He’s a feisty little nut, who makes it hard on his opponents.  I don’t think Calgary wants to dump him though, do they?  

1 hour ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Dude he’s not a 19 year old rookie that needs coddling. He has shown he doesn’t have the drive to compete. That’s all one needs to see to suggest he doesn’t belong here anymore 

No one said he needs coddling. Its oversinplifying what i actually said to even suggest thats what I was talking about. The mental aspect of sports is just as big a part of results as the physical aspect. Assuming a player doesnt try is just stupid. Anyone who has ever known a professional hockey player and the mental and physical work it takes them would understand what I am talking about. Confidence especially is a key driver for players. They talk about it all the time.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

No one said he needs coddling. Its oversinplifying what i actually said to even suggest thats what I was talking about. The mental aspect of sports is just as big a part of results as the physical aspect. Assuming a player doesnt try is just stupid. Anyone who has ever known a professional hockey player and the mental and physical work it takes them would understand what I am talking about. Confidence especially is a key driver for players. They talk about it all the time.

If Loui is in his best shape, and is trying his hardest, then clearly he’s done.  He’s old, slow, weak, and lost his hands.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dontaylorforprez said:

Would Eriksson, Goldy, and like.. a 3rd be enough to get Bennett out of Calgary’s dumpster fire? Retain some salary if we gotta?

Calgary is in cap trouble. They have to dump cap to sign tkachuk, no way they take on loui.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

The LE defenders on here are like bad cholesterol, lets call them the LDL (Loui Defense League). Their constant uplifting of the bum, is mind boggling.

Even if Larcenous Loui were to come back and play for us next season, and subsequently pinch an even bigger loaf offensively, the LDL would still extol the mighty virtues of the clown that is Loui E.

"But Loui had a Corsi of Pi r2, and his analytics point to him being an all around helluva guy" blah blah blah...

Come on already GMJB, get rid of the guy, at this point LE + Goldy for a Slurpee and a 7th would be a good enough return for me.

Ironic that you end that flowery rant with a pipe-dream proposal of your own.

I doubt it would be as painless as dumping in Goldobin and getting a 7th - and a slurpee back.  If it were that easy / if that were the case, I suggest that Eriksson would have been gone already.    Thanks for the reality tune-up, though.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

I'm not assuming he doesn't try.  LE is making it blatantly obvious he is unwilling to put in the effort necessary to remain an NHLer.  The proof is in his floating whining about the coach, implying that his pitiful play warrants a chance in a scoring role.  He's the laziest bum I've seen here since Messier.

• Upvote 1

The hyperbole in here is too damn high!

Too-Damn-High.jpg

I don't care about his effort or supposed lack thereof. I don't really care about his comments in Sweden either or what people make of them.

All I care about is that he's no longer required for us to ice a solid team, he didn't fit, he doesn't want to be here, the team doesn't want him here and I'd rather we use/gain back even some of his cap and roster space. 

The team doesn't remotely need the fan and constant media distraction. Move him before camp thanks.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dontaylorforprez said:

No. Matter of fact Calgary says hell no. They need cap to retain Tkachuk. Not take in more with Goldy and Eriksson. Value is way off too. Eriksson’s a cap dump, Goldy is unwanted and the 3rd is, well a 3rd. 

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Too-Damn-High.jpg

I don't care about his effort or supposed lack thereof. I don't really care about his comments in Sweden either or what people make of them.

All I care about is that he's no longer required for us to ice a solid team, he didn't fit, he doesn't want to be here, the team doesn't want him here and I'd rather we use/gain back even some of his cap and roster space. 

The team doesn't remotely need the fan and constant media distraction. Move him before camp thanks.

I agree with all of these points. I think its best for both sides if he is moved before camp. 

I just have a pet peeve when fans apply an all or nothing lens to a situation. It irritates me :)

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Too-Damn-High.jpg

Would you be ok if Benning had to pay a reasonably significant sweetener though to move him?

I would tbh. Just get the cap space and roster spot back to help us down the road.

2 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

Would you be ok if Benning had to pay a reasonably significant sweetener though to move him?

I would tbh. Just get the cap space and roster spot back to help us down the road.

Just send him down to Utica.  Worst case is he reports and we have to move him in two years time with only one year left on the contract.  The sweetener wouldn't need to be as much.  Plus he might decide to go home instead of sitting in the press box every night.

• Upvote 1

Loui would probably get a ton of points (50+) if he was Petey's winger all season. 

I'm not sure if people are actually oblivious or just in denial but the reason he plays so low in the lineup is because the management and coaching wants so badly for a young player to fill that roll instead. 

I see why they are doing that, makes sense for the future. I also see why Loui hates it.

Trade him because it makes everyone look bad and creates a weird vibe in the dressing room.

21 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Just send him down to Utica.  Worst case is he reports and we have to move him in two years time with only one year left on the contract.  The sweetener wouldn't need to be as much.  Plus he might decide to go home instead of sitting in the press box every night.

Sadly sending him down only gives us 1M of extra cap space (Wade Redden Rule in the CBA).  It’s either Trade him, Europe or press box him until he accepts a trade somewhere he doesn’t like. 

2 hours ago, dontaylorforprez said:

Then the lames could pat their selves on the back for signing two of the highly coveted FAs of the 2016 clas

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Easy for you to spend Aquilini's money on a player in Utica. Plus it doesn't save us much cap and obliterates any potential value another team would see in order to take him offour hands even with a sweetener attached.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Steven Stamkos said:

Sadly sending him down only gives us 1M of extra cap space (Wade Redden Rule in the CBA).  It’s either Trade him, Europe or press box him until he accepts a trade somewhere he doesn’t like. 

The one million is fine.  We shouldn't be spending the savings right now anyway.