The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

1 minute ago, Provost said:

I can’t see this happening.  

The Canucks have complete freedom to play hardball now without looking bad at all.  If they find a deal for him, they can say this is what we found.  After what your camp has done, we just can’t bring him back.  He will be waived and assigned to Utica if no deal has happened, and that is better for us than having to give up huge assets to trade him.

Oh i dont think he will do it, would be career suicide, but i have seen smarter people do dumber stuff

• Upvote 1

He actually won’t be hard to move after July 1 when his bonus is paid. At that point his cash salary is 3 mil which is fine for what he brings but his cap hit is $6 mil. Cap floor teams love players like this as they get free cap floor boosts. Easily get a 4th for him.

• Upvote 3

I'd say its about 60/40 that Eriksson goes to Utica, until he figures out he has already committed career suicide. I just don't see another team picking him up. If Benning can get even a 7th for him, especially without retaining any salary, it would qualify as one of his best trades.

pay his signing bonus and then offload him to Ottawa -n the hook for only 1 million salary this season, and then 4 million including bonuses the last two seasons

that cheap tool Melnyk gets 18million of cap hit for 9 million

To Snottawa:

LE

To Van:

Clarke Macarthur

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

As long is it is not for Lucic, I am good.

Amen to that! although something like LE + draft pick for Lucic and Puljujarvi would be very acceptable IMO

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, oldnews said:

pay his signing bonus and then offload him to Ottawa -n the hook for only 1 million salary this season, and then 4 million including bonuses the last two seasons

that cheap tool Melnyk gets 18million of cap hit for 9 million

To Snottawa:

LE

To Van:

Clarke Macarthur

I could see something like this happening except for the fact that Eriksson still has a NTC. I don't see him waiving it for Ottawa.

Little things Loui and Foundational player Sutter could both be gone next season for nothing and we'd be better off. As harsh as that sounds it's just flat out the truth. Dallas or Boston might take him. He played well for both teams. A team looking to hit the cap floor would be okay taking him after his bonus is paid out. As bad as his contract is, there are some options. Retaining cap won't be bad either. We have the cap space and we won't need it for 3-4 years anyway.

• Wat 1

Question for you arm chair GM's out there. What are the ramifications if LE stays and plays in Sweden this year? Contract terminated? He comes back the following year with a clean slate or do the Canucks still own the cap hit? Is this an option for a disgruntled LE  and the Canucks?

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

May be 'best' for both parties, but sometimes we don't always get what we want in life.

Would you rather keep a player and bring down the whole team or remove him from the dressing room and allow the rest of the players to be around players that want to be here.  Best thing to do is cut off the wound.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Don't you meh me, Monahan. :lol:

You're probably right, seeing as how Eriksson was a whiny ass to the Swedish media about his situation here. I can't see another GM to excited about taking on a non-committal, entitled, soft, over the hill player though.

Once he's gone though, it's addition by subtraction.

I’ll meh the s*!* out of you, Phil. 

Absolutely agree on the last part though. Goodbye and good riddance you friggin dweeb. Someday I’ll tell my Canucks-loving children about the second biggest *$$hat to ever play for the Canucks, Loui Eriksson. 

• Haha 2

I was excited when we first signed Loui, I always admired him as a player... but it was amazing how QUICKLY it all fell apart for him in Vancouver.

He has been invisible for three years, and as the highest paid player on the team it sets an awful precedent. Get him outta here.

Edited by nergish