The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

21 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

A headache for you, but obviously if the reports are correct,. For Management, one that could offer a potentially better outcome.

Even if Lucic has digressed to a Ryan Reaves Level,.  That is far better to have than the scarecrow of a man we have in Loui

I don't think the reports are correct. Lucic said that he was never approached by his management about a Vancouver deal. Why would one team ask their player to waive a NTC for a trade and the other player not even know about a possible deal. Sounds like our local media talking out of their butts again and fans accepting their word because of pre-existing bias.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Silver Ghost said:

Lets be truly real though.

O'Neill has always had an anti Canuck bend to his analysis. And Ferraro, despite being from BC, regularly shows that he talks through his ass when it comes to the Canucks. I am often left feeling that he doesnt actually watch Canucks games at all.

I dont think he hasbeen given a lot of time with either the twins or Petterssen. He needed to show more when he did but its revionist history to pretend he has been given tons of top 6 opportunity in van. And when he was,the coaches really did not try to take advantage of what made him effective in Boston. 

Most falls on Eriksson, but some falls on the coaches and Benning too.

On the coaches? How is that? By playing him with the twins who make stars out of plumbers? Even at their end they were top 6 players. Playing him with Petey? Our young calder winning superstar? Maybe the guys on TSN were just calling a spade a spade guy. As ONeill said, a coaches job is to win, you don't sit or demote guys for playing well dude. Green just had it out for him? Is that your argument? And Benning is partially to blame for Erickson's lack of desire? Whaaaaat? He gave him 42 mill reasons to have desire guy. SMH

Edited by 18W-40C-6W
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I don't think the reports are correct. Lucic said that he was never approached by his management about a Vancouver deal. Why would one team ask their player to waive a NTC for a trade and the other player not even know about a possible deal. Sounds like our local media talking out of their butts again and fans accepting their word because of pre-existing bias.

The local media reads this site, then uses the ideas to create drama. Its pretty apparent the vast majority of them have no clue how to be actual sports journalists

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Well maybe the Canucks thought about a trade involving Loui and Lucic so they proactively asked Loui if he would waive for Edmonton.

Loui says no.  The Canucks don't bother pursuing a trade.

Seems logical.

I know logic is not welcome here though.  :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Fully agree.

We will be lucky if anyone gives us any kind of asset for him to be taken to cover their Cap issues.. but even a 7th rounder in 24-2025 is fine.

Loui not agreeing to Edmonton is just a total fall from grace,.  It’s not a question IF Lucic was coming in return or not.. it was the move that this management wanted to make. . and I support that.

Lets be real folks, Marleau is what we could hope Eriksson to have been..  but his distracting words accompanied by less than mediocre play for 3 of 6 seasons with us so far,  has him playing hockey or not, far away from the tenacity and bonding I see the Canucks going over the boards this Season.

for me its a lot about not wanting to lose assets to move him, I'd rather park him in Utica and limit the damage. Why self inflict more? 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Silver Ghost said:

Pretty sure the Lucic rumored deal was at the deadline. Once he acquired Miller and Ferland, it seems Lucic was not even a consideration for Benning any longer. According to Lucic, he was not aware of any potential deal to Van anyway. 

Puljujarvi is an even bigger media whiner abd primadonna than you guys suggest Erikssons comments make him, yet many were happy to accept him as a sweetener to take on lucic and his nmc. Thats why blind player hatred should never be any kind of factor in making a trade.

I’m not “hating”  Eriksson.. I’ve never even put that in a sentence about him..  I’m recognizing his redundancy with the Canucks and his lack of establishing himself here in 3 years of “given” opportunity.

Lucic would have been an upgrade on Eriksson by far.

Without even considering Pulujarvi in the conversation.

Eriksson knew where and what this team was trying to do 3 years ago.. he has never climatized himself with the situation, or this team..  perhaps we would have seen something from him if he had.

r in that conversation.

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

Lucic is a team player who will say the politicaly correct thing..  obviously trying not to throw Eriksson under the bus.

39 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Well maybe the Canucks thought about a trade involving Loui and Lucic so they proactively asked Loui if he would waive for Edmonton.

Loui says no.  The Canucks don't bother pursuing a trade.

Seems logical.

I know logic is not welcome here though.  :ph34r:

If it's so logical, why does the report state that a deal was in the works and Loui vetoed it? That's a little different than considering a possible deal and pre-emptively declining it. Either way, it's a false report.

I'm not advocating for keeping Loui either, I'm just sceptical of the media report.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

for me its a lot about not wanting to lose assets to move him, I'd rather park him in Utica and limit the damage. Why self inflict more? 

I agree,.  But if in the “odd” chance their is a 7th round pick or “futures” depicted by Erikssons play coming back , then we jump without hesitation.  No need to bargain ourselves out of just him being taken for nothing.. it’s a bigger gain.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Lucic is a team player who will say the politicaly correct thing..  obviously trying not to throw Eriksson under the bus.

That's a bit of a stretch. Lucic is a blatant liar now?

• Cheers 1

I was going to wade back in to this discussion and throw another two cents in, and add some substantiation to my opinions, and not just talk outta my as$.....but it's all been said, and with all the bickering, back and forth, protagonists, antagonists......it really just boils down to this:

It's time for Loui to make like a baby, and head out.

Waive Loui, or enjoy your time in Utica.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I agree,.  But if in the “odd” chance their is a 7th round pick or “futures” depicted by Erikssons play coming back , then we jump without hesitation.  No need to bargain ourselves out of just him being taken for nothing.. it’s a bigger gain.

I was thinking more like big salary retention or moving high picks and/or taking trash contracts back. Just park him and maybe he retires next year. 

But for sure if you could do it for even a 4th I'd be fine with that but I just hate the idea of taking back a big crap contract. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

That's a bit of a stretch. Lucic is a blatant liar now?

Hockey at that Level is protective for its own.. there is less opportunity for players, management, owners who publicly “air” their private dealings.. career paths are cut short on those who are not trusted in the industry.

Just beleive that.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I was thinking more like big salary retention or moving high picks and/or taking trash contracts back. Just park him and maybe he retires next year. 

But for sure if you could do it for even a 4th I'd be fine with that but I just hate the idea of taking back a big crap contract. 

Yes.  With you on that.

It would make the most sense to ask Louie first if he would accept a trade to Edmonton. He says no, end of conversation.  

Lucic would’ve said yes to the deal before even being asked. 

Not saying that reports are true or false, but it makes the most sense that they would ask Loui first. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

It would make the most sense to ask Louie first if he would accept a trade to Edmonton. He says no, end of conversation.  

Lucic would’ve said yes to the deal before even being asked. 

Not saying that reports are true or false, but it makes the most sense that they would ask Loui first. 

If that has happened,. Even if it was last season at the TDL  or this year’s draft.  I’m almost certain he does not make the Canucks line up this season.. Not given a  jersey,. Possibly not in the Canucks camp...  possibly made to report to Utica’s Camp, even more pressure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

If that has happened,. Even if it was last season at the TDL  or this year’s draft.  I’m almost certain he does not make the Canucks line up this season.. Not given a  jersey,. Possibly not in the Canucks camp...  possibly made to report to Utica’s Camp, even more pressure.

And even then not even give out a jersey.  The next words out of that floater's mouth had better be: "Do you want fries with that?" while he's taking orders in the pressbox. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And even then not even give out a jersey.  The next words out of that floater's mouth had better be: "Do you want fries with that?" while he's taking orders in the pressbox. 

Unlike you, he has 50 million dollars in the bank.  He doesn't need to serve fries.

You sound like you have done it though  :bigblush:

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Unlike you, he has 50 million dollars in the bank.  He doesn't need to serve fries.

You sound like you have done it though  :bigblush:

He'll be sitting in the press box where he belongs.  He might as well make himself useful, unlike the rest of his tenure here.  If he doesn't like it, he's more than welcome to retire and enjoy his ill-gotten money.

• Haha 1