The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour: Canucks very active in trade market (Canucks looking at D options)

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I dont know how well of a fit Ghost would be here, he is an smaller offensively skilled left handed Dman, for the price to acquire him it might not be the best move. 

Isn’t offensive defensemen what we’ve been wanting for forever? You can never have too many of those regardless of how small they are. If you can play defense, and produce at a high level I don’t care how big or small you are. 5’11” 181lbs isn’t even small anyway. 

Edited by Pears
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Gaudette, Juolevi and a 3rd might get it done. 

They are willing to move Nolan Patrick if they can get an upgrade.  This doesn't fit the criteria of what they are looking for.  Instead of Juolevi they could keep Gostisbehere - they have the cap space.  They are not looking for picks or prospects or guys who are still to trying to find their game.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hope Jim doesn't go for Gardiner or Myers. I'd rather he bear down and make a trade for a defenseman who isn't a complete liability in their own end, and possesses something more than middling talent.

What do they have to offer in a trade that could land a top 4 dman?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

They are willing to move Nolan Patrick if they can get an upgrade.  This doesn't fit the criteria of what they are looking for.  Instead of Juolevi they could keep Gostisbehere - they have the cap space.  They are not looking for picks or prospects or guys who are still to trying to find their game.

The cap space would allow them to make a big move in FA, Couturier, Patrick, Gaudette would look good up the middle.

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Hughes, Ghost, Stecher, and Tanev might be too small of a top 4 for the paciffic division. 

True.  Those guys, as a group, would get injured a lot.  We need some heavier bodies to do the dirty work.  Tryamkin would be idea.  Edler is a heavy body.  We shouldn't give up assets for Ghost.  We don't really need him as much as we need a big bodied guy, who can play.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, mll said:

He would have likely gotten that from any other team.  

That's strange... I didnt know that every other team was looking for a new coach. Thanks for the inside info. 

There are also plenty of stingy owners that wouldn't pony up that dough for a coach. He probably had his choice of 3 teams at the time. 

Just now, Kobayashi Maru said:

Joulevi Ristolainen

Hughes Tryamkin

Hutton Stecher

is the perfect balance of size and offense.  Few things need to align for it but it would work for ten years.

That's a really good D.  How do we get Risto though?  Love to have him, but the cost could be prohibitive.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That's a really good D.  How do we get Risto though?  Love to have him, but the cost could be prohibitive.  

2020 1st, 2019 3rd, Madden, Tanev or hopefully less.  Maybe need to put in Hutton.  Whatever it takes without taking out the core.