The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour: Canucks very active in trade market (Canucks looking at D options)

3 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

That Provorov for Horvat deal you take and run to the airport. No brainer there. 

Patrick could fill those shoes sooner rather than later and the 11th overall could also provide a replacement or another piece to rebuild the D. 

Provorov is worth more than Horvat by the way.

Provorov not worth more than Bo IMHO. Also, Patrick has yet to show he is worthy of his draft position. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Karlsson, Trouba, and Edler appear all of the board. Myers likely stays in Winnipeg? or do they still need cap space?

Looks like some Jake Gardiner - I'm sure he would love to play here with the kids. Who do we trade for from here?

Colin Miller from Vegas is available...

• Upvote 2

wtf are we doing, we need defense for next season

LHD  RHD

1 __        ___(tanev has to go)

2 hutton stretcher

3hughes ___

4 beiga  Schenn

need 2 top 4 d men, trouba is traded and myers would prob be resigned. Edler is prob walk out. 

thought we were active on trade front????

Edited by Nuck1991
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nuck1991 said:

wtf are we doing, we need defense for next season

LHD  RHD

1 __        ___(tanev has to go)

2 hutton stretcher

3hughes ___

4 beiga  Schenn

need 2 top 4 d men, trouba is traded and myers would prob be resigned. Edler is prob walk out. 

thought we were active on trade front????

This is so true. We need at least two real good defencemen now that Edler is going to go. At this point right now, I would say the Canucks have the worst group of defenders in the entire league. 

23 minutes ago, teepain said:

JB gunning for pk subban . JB liked him a few years ago with MTL.

We will see . Personally i think its a bad move , depending on what we give up. Hes better than all the ufa

This and maybe Weber our of Montreal?

On 6/14/2019 at 11:14 AM, RRypien37 said:

Why Ghost if we have Hughes on the come up?

Hey... why do we have Boeser?  We already have Petey.  Wait.  This is a like, a team game?  LOL Cmon RRypien.   

On 6/14/2019 at 11:19 AM, Bure_Pavel said:

Gaudette, Juolevi and a 3rd might get it done. 

Or Ballard, Raymond and a 2nd. 

6 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Hey... why do we have Boeser?  We already have Petey.  Wait.  This is a like, a team game?  LOL Cmon RRypien.   

Why are you comparing a D core to a forward group? There are 12 forwards and 6 defense. Would you like to see what would happen if more than 50% of a D core are smallish offensive puck movers? Because I wouldn't. 

49 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

This is so true. We need at least two real good defencemen now that Edler is going to go. At this point right now, I would say the Canucks have the worst group of defenders in the entire league. 

Toronto's pylons say hi.  Only Muzzin is an NHLer out of that group.

32 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Toronto's pylons say hi.  Only Muzzin is an NHLer out of that group.

Wrong.

Zaitzef, Gardiner and Rielly say hi with Muzzin. Once that pipe dream of signing Marner is gone, they will have more than enough to sign Gardiner. 

No remaining Canuck defender is better than the players above.

Canucks do indeed have the worst defence in the NHL. You can’t argue against that, especially with Edler leaving.

Just now, grandmaster said:

Wrong.

Zaitzef, Gardiner and Rielly say hi with Muzzin. Once that pipe dream of signing Marner is gone, they will have more than enough to sign Gardiner. 

No remaining Canuck defender is better than the players above.

Canucks do indeed have the worst defence in the NHL. You can’t argue against that, especially with Edler leaving.

Zaitsev, Gardiner, and Rielly are all absolutely atrocious in their own end.  No room on a legit NHL roster for a defenseman who can't play defense.  I don't care how many points you put up; if you're as much of a liability in your own end as those pylons are, you're hurting the team every time  you set foot on the ice.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Zaitsev, Gardiner, and Rielly are all absolutely atrocious in their own end.  No room on a legit NHL roster for a defenseman who can't play defense.  I don't care how many points you put up; if you're as much of a liability in your own end as those pylons are, you're hurting the team every time  you set foot on the ice.

rielly would be nice but the other two no thanks.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

I’ll take any of this over our garbage in Vancouver. They can play better defence than you give them credit for, better than the plugs we currently have. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1