Sign in to follow this  
Rush17

Rumour: Canucks very active in trade market (Canucks looking at D options)

2 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

The Canucks will be an interesting team to watch over the next few weeks.  Some of the story lines I'm interested in are:

1. The draft is the most immediate story and like I assume all other fans right now, I'm curious to see if the Canucks move picks and, of course, who they end up drafting.

2. Obviously re-signing Boeser is a top priority but it's definitely curious to consider if management sees him as a trade chip.  I have a hard time believing Boeser is in play, depending on the return of course.  Boeser has developed into a key piece in the Canucks future offense however so trading him would be a huge shift.  Any team that acquires Boeser will also need to sign him so that may limit the likelihood of him being dealt.

3. While Edler is a significant story, his story is a subplot in the overall need for the Canucks to revamp the D.  The odds seem high that Edler will be re-signed which IMHO means that changes to the Canucks' D will require trades.  Even if the Canucks dip into the UFA market or make a trade, there's only so much room in the top-6 so I presume that means that one or more of Tanev, Hutton or Stecher could be dealt.  I'm not a fan of dealing Stecher unless the return is clearly superior. He has grown well with the team and it would be nice to see where he gets to next season.

4. I'm really curious what the Canucks will do with Eriksson given all the negative publicity about their relationship.  One has to think that the Canucks will move him this summer but what kind of deals are out there?  The Canucks are supposed to a team that can "weaponize" its cap space and while they certainly do have cap space, what other teams with cap space would want to acquire Eriksson without the Canucks giving up something in return?

The Lucic rumors are intriguing but I'm not sure if that will work.

5. The futures of Baertschi, Pearson, Leivo and Goldobin with the Canucks are intriguing to me also.  IMHO, there's a good chance that at least one of them will move on this summer given the construction of the team.  Goldobin has the highest chance of being deal I think, but his value may also not be the greatest.  Baertschi has developed well with the Canucks but one has to wonder what his long term future is even if his concussion issues subside.  I think Pearson and Leivo are quite likely to stay with the Canucks since they both fit the team needs and expressed desire to be "bigger", but they may also be attractive trade pieces to some teams.

6. I'm going to assume that Markstrom and Demko are going to be the tandem next season but there's always a chance something happens there this summer.

I have to think that if the team looks largely the same after the next 3-weeks have passed, there's going to be a fair amount of disappointment.  It'll be good to see Pettersson, Boeser and the other "young guns" grow next year, but it does feel like the roster needs more than a bit of tweaking.  On the other hand, the cost of making those changes may be too high.  I think we had all better get ready for a roller coaster ride.

It sure is an exciting time to be a Canuck fan isn't it!?!?

• Upvote 1

Guys on Instagram seem to be trolling Jake Virtanen, saying that he was included in  trade with Phili for Shane Gosistbehere. Some are even welcoming him to Phili already :huh:

Posted (edited)

650 just stated Canucks chatted about Nick Leddy from NYI and their 23rd overall pick and a + for the Canucks 10th overall.

They supposedly also chatted about moving up to Buffalo's 7th overall this year.

Edit: not sure how Leddy would fit in being a LD. I guess Edler 1st pairing, Leddy 2nd pairing, Hughes sheltered on 3rd pairing.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

650 just stated Canucks chatted about Nick Leddy from NYI and their 23rd overall pick and a + for the Canucks 10th overall.

They supposedly also chatted about moving up to Buffalo's 7th overall this year.

Edit: not sure how Leddy would fit in being a LD. I guess Edler 1st pairing, Leddy 2nd pairing, Hughes sheltered on 3rd pairing.

lol leddy adn 23th for the tenth? Get Jim off the phone

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/19/2019 at 7:46 PM, Noseforthenet said:

Guys on Instagram seem to be trolling Jake Virtanen, saying that he was included in  trade with Phili for Shane Gosistbehere. Some are even welcoming him to Phili already :huh:

Ghost is LD we need a RD but if the cost is same for trade then ghost is the way to go because he's signed for 4 more years at 4.5 mill per. 

Barrie will look for 9 mill as UFA after 1 yr. So I take ghost. And do UFA signing for RD.. Myers 

5 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

lol leddy adn 23th for the tenth? Get Jim off the phone

....they said plus something else. Who knows what that would be.

An extra 2nd rounder? A prospect?

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Ghost is LD we need a RD but if the cost is same for trade then ghost is the way to go because he's signed for 4 more years at 4.5 mill per. 

Barrie will look for 9 mill as UFA after 1 yr. So I take ghost. And do UFA signing for RD.. Myers 

stay away from Myers, ewwww.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

28 minutes ago, justathought said:

After drafting Vasily Podkolzin ,and expecting N Tryamkin back...could Panarin be far behind?

After drafting Hughes, New Jersey is waiting for Hull to show up at camp.  

Also, after drafting Krebs, it’s rumoured that Wayne Gretzky might come out of retirement.  

Come on now Peter Pan.  

Drafting a 17 year old isn’t going to make a superstar change plans because they are from the same country.  

JB has been here long enough he needs to make a big bold trade that will bring us a good asset back. He will have to give up players or a 1st next year that people wont like, hard not to acquire a top 4 rhd without doing that.

make the 2020 1st top 5 protected (included lottery results)

I really don’t know if JB has what it takes to pull off a blockbuster trade.  Just minor deals that don’t really matter to the team either way. Maybe Spooner will get traded again for an equally useless plug. 

If Nashville is willing to retain 3m of PK's cap hit JB should definitely look at acquiring him depending on the ask of course...

Predators willing to retain salary

Ty Anderson: Darren Dreger said that the Nashville Predators would be willing to retain up to $3 million of P.K. Subban‘s $9 million cap hit to get a trade done.

17 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

:lol:

23 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

If Nashville is willing to retain 3m of PK's cap hit JB should definitely look at acquiring him depending on the ask of course...

Predators willing to retain salary

Ty Anderson: Darren Dreger said that the Nashville Predators would be willing to retain up to $3 million of P.K. Subban‘s $9 million cap hit to get a trade done.

So then it comes down to the asking price. 2020 1st plus what?

5 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

JB has been here long enough he needs to make a big bold trade that will bring us a good asset back. He will have to give up players or a 1st next year that people wont like, hard not to acquire a top 4 rhd without doing that.

make the 2020 1st top 5 protected (included lottery results)

JB read your message. Not bad :lol:

• Hydration 1

11 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Maybe DimJim can trade the 2023 1st rounder too. 

Maybe dummyyummy can &^@# off.

• Haha 4

I know a lot of you don't like the idea of Zaitsev but I would be fine with him on our 2nd pairing D if we can get a good deal done with Toronto to either get a good young prospect with him...as long as we paid very little.

6 hours ago, justathought said:

After drafting Vasily Podkolzin ,and expecting N Tryamkin back...could Panarin be far behind?

I was thinking with Vegas cap troubles a good start to a trade would be Tanev 50% retained for Colin Miller, Nikita Gusev and David Clarkson. Gusev could become a Panarin lite.

• Like 1