The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal]Trading both Boeser and Horvat: Caution - you will want to shoot me

12 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

Trouba? Well lol, I mean I have the good fortune of what he was actually traded for so I would definitely not do it for Horvat or Boeser. I would probably offer Stetcher, 2nd in 2019, and a prospect. However, I think Trouba is looking for 8-9million and I just don't think hes in that tier of defenseman so I would hang onto those assets and make a play for Ghost, Pesce, Werenski (if only he were available), Parayko. I would gladly offer up Boeser for Werenski, not so much the others.

Imagine posting that and then finding out a few minutes later he’d just been traded...to NYR for a decent player and a pick...guess WNP knew they were running out of time and had a hold out candidate who’d value would diminish over time and pulled the trigger.  Never mind on Trouba, any player that’s an RFA and a rising star that does that (refuses to sign with the team that drafted him) is a grade a douche-bag IMO.   Guess the rumblings were true, and they’ve been around for awhile.  Can’t argue that WNP would be one of the worst NHL cities to play in given the weather...they should stick to Canadians and Northern Euros that are used to the cold when drafting.  Imagine if Boeser, Hughes or EP did this to us?  We’d never forgive them.  Heck Horvat could be bailing in a few years for greener pastures but at least he will give us some of his prime first.  

Think what NYR offered is better then what you propose, but this would have been an awesome coupe for Benning if he could have managed something similar, too bad he wants to he in the US.   Maybe he wouldn’t be such a douche-bag if he came to us for scraps.

On 6/17/2019 at 6:42 AM, Hindustan Smyl said:

Horvat is a very good line 2nd line Center, but having Hughes and Pettersson could very well be like having Crosby and Malkin 12-13 years ago.   

Stop you right there, sport.

It would be nothing like having Crosby and Malkin.  You know why? Those are two strong guys who can both take the rigors of playoff hockey.  Perhaps even excel given their strength.

While Pettersson will grow enough for it not to be a particular liability, we have already seen him get manhandled a bunch of times in regular season games and it ain't pretty. Now - you might get away with that if your 2nd center offsets it like Bo can.  But Hughes isn't beastly in any way.  So then you force yourself to get big wingers to create space and take the physical punishment and/or rely on your bottom 6 for the 2-way game. Either way, you unbalance your team and reduce line combination potential.

Don't get me wrong - the skill of Hughes is undeniable.  But we have Pettersson for the job of undersized skilled center.

Besides all this, we do realize that Bo is already scoring as well as a below average 1st line center should right?  With wingers nowhere near his level.  At a steal of a cap hit. And he is physical.  And has great leadership. Etc etc.

No.  We keep Bo.