The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sharks re-sign Erik Karlsson

1 hour ago, apollo said:

It would be a great time to offer sheet Meier... 30 goal scorer with lots of size... 7 years 7.5mill? Front load it big time so he accepts. 

Would cost us 2020 1st 2nd and 3rd... Steep price but with Meier we could be a playoff team. 

From my understanding, the divisible years max out at 5, so AAV would be $10.5mil, meaning two 1sts, 2nd, 3rd or four 1sts if over $10,568,590.  They could let him go and really replenish their high picks.

19 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Friendly wager of avatar swap by choice of the other - I say the Sharks regret this after two seasons.    

They won’t. They know what they have because they traded for him and went deep in the playoffs with him. He’s the guy.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

They won’t. They know what they have because they traded for him and went deep in the playoffs with him. He’s the guy.

Their playoff run was nullified once he could no longer skate on the one "ok" leg.    He's the guy what?   The guy who is broken when it matters?

8 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Their playoff run was nullified once he could no longer skate on the one "ok" leg.    He's the guy what?   The guy who is broken when it matters?

Yep. And that one year they’ll win the Cup is the year that will have counted.

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Yep. And that one year they’ll win the Cup is the year that will have counted.

I sincerely doubt it.   Sharks window is pretty close to closed.   EK is not the answer.   EK 2015 would be but he would need others the Sharks do not have any longer.

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I sincerely doubt it.   Sharks window is pretty close to closed.   EK is not the answer.   EK 2015 would be but he would need others the Sharks do not have any longer.

Sharks are pretty good at retooling...

6 hours ago, Crimson said:

Everyone that is saying this is an overpayment makes me laugh.  EK65 is a top 3 Dman in the league and is the first one to hit free agency in who knows how long.

Everyone that figured he was going to sign somewhere for $9M/season is just delusional. 

correction EK WAS a top 3 in league 2 years ago

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

i'll just put this out there

since i was off/low by 1/2 million per year on contracts for both stone and karlsson
i say

edler will get 4 x 7.5 million on his next deal

Eddy has to lower his expectations. He is 33, not 28 or 29 like a lot of the UFA's. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, coastal.view said:

i'll just put this out there

since i was off/low by 1/2 million per year on contracts for both stone and karlsson
i say

edler will get 4 x 7.5 million on his next deal

7.5? Did you bump your head?

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

let's revisit this

when he signs

i have so far underestimated contract values

in this re-signing period/phase

You think he signs 7.5 per on the open market or with this team on a renewal?