Sign in to follow this  
Live like a Canuck!

[Proposal] What A trade for Bo Horvat to Colarado for...

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

No. Why should Colorado give all their picks for a position they don't really need filled?

...because it is summer and it is CDC......

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Live like a Canuck! said:

First, I love Bo Horvat,

 

But I think I would trade for Colorados' First round picks: 4, 16 and their 2nd second(47) for Bo Horvat.

Colorado is ready now to make a push now. Vancouver needs more quality and depth.

 

This would give us more completion for the rebuild.

What do you think? 

 

Does it make sense for both sides?

Horvat

for

Makar, #4 and #47

 

At a minimum, else good bye... click

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

No. Why should Colorado give all their picks for a position they don't really need filled?

Colorado needs a true 2c, its well known. I would never want to see him traded but the 'idea' of them wanting him is plausible given their hole there (most teams would want Bo, but you get my point).

 

Only thing that would make me 'consider' it as JB, is, Makar #4 and their 2nd. Then you have to think long and hard. Not sure Colorado would make that move though

Edited by 18W-40C-6W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Colorado needs a true 2c, its well known. I would never want to see him traded but the 'idea' of them wanting him is plausible given their hole there (most teams would want Bo, but you get my point).

 

Only thing that would make me 'consider' it as JB, is, Makar #4 and their 2nd. Then you have to think long and hard. Not sure Colorado would make that move though

Colorado hangs up immediately.

 

Imo, Horvat is untradeable because his value to us is far above his value to other teams. This creates a gap that can't be filled. Vancouver would want an insane haul for him that no rational GM would accept.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                                                                        1181899368_canuckslogo.pdnwiggins-001.jpg.c43c7a7841e1f1572d5a2188da1a549d.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Doubt Horvat gets their 4th overall alone. Perhaps Horvat + 10th for 4th overall, which doesn't make sense for us. Neither team does a trade around these centre pieces.

Horvat gets you the 4th and then some. Why? Because of where Colorado is positioned. Horvat doesn't get you the 5th from LA alone though. The 5th means more to LA then Horvat who likely is in his 30's before they are ready to compete again. Colorado, becomes a favorite in the west and don't give up a roster spot. Colorado is not rebuilding, they are primed to compete and have the necessary pieces in place to make a run. Their biggest need is a 2c. Adding Horvat for their 4th, 16th, and 2nd round pick is something they jump all over. I'd personally want more if I am even thinking about moving the heart and soul of this team.

 

Personally would not do it but if you can potentially get:

Byram, Krebs, Seider, Korczak, and Thomspon in one draft, you have to give it some serious thought.

 

 

Just for fun:

 

Trade Eriksson, grab Lucic without sending over salary and maybe a prospect for 8th OA. You now have 4th, 8th (Boldy), 10th, 16th, and two 2nds. In two years the Canucks are competing for the cup if all hit their ceilings

 

Now think of all the possibilities with 4 1sts, 2nd 2nds. Trade down on the 8th and 10th OA for 11th and 12th and grab two more 2nd rounder's. OH EM GEE we now have 4 1sts and 4 2nds....Byram, Krebs, Newhook, Seider, Korczak, Thompson, Foote, Grewe along with Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Demko, Woo, Madden, Gaudette, Virtanen, Trymakin

 

Sorry got carried away. Too bad we don't have a GM that is aggressive in the trade market. Still gotta love JB with how things turned out.

 

HORVAT for CAPTAIN!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Or we could just keep Bo, draft at number 10, and get one of the guys ranked 4th to 16th. 

But where's the fun in that?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Why do some fans want us to be in a perpetual rebuild. As soon as we get a player performing and entering their prime, its....hey, let's trade him for draft picks and roll the dice again!

 

Guaranteed player, performing in the NHL at a good level, ALWAYS trumps a draft pick where you have no guarantees.

Because, our 10th pick in this years draft will likely not mature for 2 more seasons.

To me, It makes sense to have our team mature together. Plus as I already stated; we dont have enough depth.

 

Getting 2 to 3 players for one gives us much better opportunity; should we think this years draft depth offerings makes sense.

And having a possible 3-5 players ready at the same tine in 2-3years would be impactful.

 

My philosophy... we should never be in the position of a "full" rebuild, But ownership and previous management ficked-up...

Building should be in a continious flux to improve, maintain and leverage for best opportunity while being in contention.

Ideally, always a minimum of being in the playoffs.

 

Just my two cents..

Edited by Live like a Canuck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Live like a Canuck! said:

First, I love Bo Horvat,

 

But I think I would trade for Colorados' First round picks: 4, 16 and their 2nd second(47) for Bo Horvat.

Colorado is ready now to make a push now. Vancouver needs more quality and depth.

 

This would give us more completion for the rebuild.

What do you think?

 

Does it make sense for both sides?

So you joined 4 years ago and waited until today to make a proposal to trade off the next Canuck captain?

 

38C566E1-6466-4EE9-9822-DDF08429A0AE.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sonoman said:

So you joined 4 years ago and waited until today to make a proposal to trade off the next Canuck captain?

 

38C566E1-6466-4EE9-9822-DDF08429A0AE.gif

No,

Although I did not start too many threads, I did make others prior to this one.

I see no relevance to your line of questioning though? What are you trying to suggest by remarking that I did not start a thread in 4 years?

 

My previous account had been lost.

Edited by Live like a Canuck!
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Live like a Canuck! said:

Because, our 10th pick in this years draft will likely not mature for 2 more seasons.

To me, It makes sense to have our team mature together. Plus as I already stated; we dont have enough depth.

 

Getting 2 to 3 players for one gives us much better opportunity; should we think this years draft depth offerings makes sense.

And having a possible 3-5 players ready at the same tine in 2-3years would be impactful.

 

My philosophy... we should never be in the position of a "full" rebuild, But ownership and previous management ficked-up...

Building should be in a continious flux to improve, maintain and leverage for best opportunity while being in contention.

Ideally, always a minimum of being in the playoffs.

 

Just my two cents..

We aren't ready for that type of trade. We need to start competing this year and showing improvement. I don't mean competing for the cup, but we should be in the neighborhood of making the playoffs next season.

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their 4, 16, 47 picks (may be add another prospect which they have a bunch of) could probably net them someone like Kopitar, Getzlaf, Giroux.. lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Their 4, 16, 47 picks (may be add another prospect which they have a bunch of) could probably net them someone like Kopitar, Getzlaf, Giroux.. lol. 

Getzlaf and Giroux are past their best before dates.  Kopitar is still great, but he’s getting older too.  The picks have more value than those three guys by a lot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Horvat

for

Makar, #4 and #47

 

At a minimum, else good bye... click

Colorado would laugh their asses off. Bo is valuable.  But that is excessive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Colorado would laugh their asses off. Bo is valuable.  But that is excessive 

he's a 24 yr old 2 way all star center who's good at ALL parts of the game from Offense to Defence to faceoffs, special teams and has size aka Ryan O'Reilly/Bergeron lite....and on a very friendly contract, that's his value


High quality prospect, first and a 2nd

 

I think you're underrating his value or a player of similar ilk in the league. Whether Colorado would ever pay that, I doubt it but that doesn't change the value of a player such as him around the league

Edited by 18W-40C-6W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.