The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Jets trade Jacob Trouba to Rangers for Neal Pionk, 2019 1st-round pick

15 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm with the Twitter guy.  I'd trade Risto + the 31st pick for the 10th and run away laughing before JB changed his mind. 

I think I would do that.  My preference would be a first next year plus but assuming Buffalo is in no mood to wait.  You know my take that I want to make it work somehow.  I really want a Joulevi Risto pairing however it needs to shake down.

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Just looking at Risto's stats right now. Lots of points, but his +/- is absolutely atrocious. Maybe not the best idea after all.

Trying to think of options, but with every signing and trade that's made the options get worse.

All about utilization.  They used him in the same way as Edler.   Every situation. He should be PP1 and top four with a steady D pair.  Joulevi eventually but maybe Edler first if we actually re-sign him.

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

Interesting fallout:

The Isles were reportedly one of the frontrunners for Trouba - but few people in Long Island had an appetite for giving up Dobson to acquire Trouba.

Wondering if there's a potential Tanev deal there - RHD = Pulock, Tanev, Boychuk who is 35, (and Dobson).... with Mayfield coming the other way.

Tanev + DiPietro for Dobson?

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

5 hours ago, mll said:

They want to accelerate their rebuild.  LeBrun says they are going to be aggressive this off-season and plan to be very active in free agency.  Panarin is apparently a key target.  

Plus it's easy to accelerate the rebuild when every player on Earth wants to sign and be traded to your team. 

Edited by iinatcc
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ilduce39 said:

If only we did a presser telling fans we'd be bad for a few seasons back in 2014, kept Jared McCann and those 2nd round picks and never signed any UFA's we'd...likely be in a pretty similar position to where we are right now.

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe we’d have Nolan Patrick instead of Pettersson. Who knows now.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, aGENT said:

I thought NYR were rebuilding, why are they trading picks? First rounders no less??!?

I thought so too but drafting #2 overall, who is separated by paper thin difference from the #1 overall, who is touted as next Patrick Kane. your plan changes dramatically. They probably think they can push for playoffs in a year or two. Kind of like Toronto with Matthews and Edmonton with McDavid

Kakko as an 18 year old seems to be on par with EP's 19 year old season (just before coming over to the NHL when he broke records in the SHL). I know EP broke a harder record and SHL is a tougher league but I think Kakko's season as 18 year old in Finland is similar to what EP achieved as a 19 year old in the SHL. 

Kakko will come over right away and probably put up a productive season like EP did. NYR got real lucky. 

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Newish I suppose. Never seen it before. :P

Yeah, The whole 'you NEVER trade picks during a rebuild! :frantic:' argument that people have lambasted Benning over for years now...

Now if only Benning was lucky enough to have a #1D fall in his lap instead of say a 2nd line LW'er...(never mind a nice lotto pick for Kakko the same year)...:rolleyes: 

New York has freaking horse shoes up its keister <_<

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, aGENT said:

I thought NYR were rebuilding, why are they trading picks? First rounders no less??!?

I’m gonna take a guess and say that maybe they’re like us in 2013, where they want to try and get Lundqvist some support to try and milk any chance of a future playoff run before he retires, much like what we did with the Sedins. 

To he honest though, I haven’t followed the Rangers since the St.Louis trade so I could be wrong 

4 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I’m gonna take a guess and say that maybe they’re like us in 2013, where they want to try and get Lundqvist some support to try and milk any chance of a future playoff run before he retires, much like what we did with the Sedins. 

To he honest though, I haven’t followed the Rangers since the St.Louis trade so I could be wrong 

Read one post up from yours.

33 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

A TDL ago they sent out a letter to season ticket holders saying they don't think they can win with the team as it is constructed and announcing that they were going in a rebuild.  They were still fighting for a playoff spot but started selling off players.

They asked Lundqvist whether he wanted to be moved or stick around through the rebuild.

Edited by mll

36 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, The whole 'you NEVER trade picks during a rebuild! :frantic:' argument that people have lambasted Benning over for years now...

Now if only Benning was lucky enough to have a #1D fall in his lap instead of say a 2nd line LW'er...(never mind a nice lotto pick for Kakko the same year)...:rolleyes: 

They will be praised for their rebuild if they are a playoff team next year ignoring the fact that they got lucky with the lottery that we never did and they've made moves that they would be critical of Benning for doing so. Plus they had moveable assets when they needed to do so and yet didn't trade Lundqvist, while if he were a Canuck, Lundqvist would be criticized for not being moved as a rental or whatever to help the team. The vocal fanbase would be running Lundqvist out of town at this point.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Add to that Adam Fox! A righty to boot.