Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Rumour] Canucks inquired about Sabres defenceman

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

John Vogl reports that Buffalo Sabres GM Jason Botterill said that he doesn’t anticipate using a buyout to move Ristolainen’s contract and that a trade should be doable over the next 24-48 hours.

 

With three years remaining at $5.4 million per season, he’s not bad value if he plays first-pairing minutes like he has been in Buffalo.

 

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-june-23-2019/

 

I have no idea who this guy is but I came across this. Who would even consider a buyout? Lol

 

A buyout!?!?  We’ll take him for free then.  Can’t believe that is even close to accurate.  If so strike now JB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

A buyout!?!?  We’ll take him for free then.  Can’t believe that is even close to accurate.  If so strike now JB

I think that was the media person speculating lol. I don't know why someone would even ask him that question or raise it as an option. He is far from a buyout candidate lol.

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I think that was the media person speculating lol. I don't know why someone would even ask him that question or raise it as an option. He is far from a buyout candidate lol.

Yeah my thought as well but maybe there our assessment of value is off.  Maybe a Tanev or Hutton plus isn’t that far off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

John Vogl reports that Buffalo Sabres GM Jason Botterill said that he doesn’t anticipate using a buyout to move Ristolainen’s contract and that a trade should be doable over the next 24-48 hours.

 

With three years remaining at $5.4 million per season, he’s not bad value if he plays first-pairing minutes like he has been in Buffalo.

 

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-june-23-2019/

 

I have no idea who this guy is but I came across this. Who would even consider a buyout? Lol

 

I think the reporter is just adding to the bait that Botterill has thrown out..  I too doubt if he moves.. Botterill just probably wants to be involved in conversations with other Gm’s Who are seriously looking at other D to see “what if”.

but I do have to say,  at 24 yrs, I don’t think Ristolianen has reached the peak of his game and there is some great all round/ versiltile talent in this young man. To have him under the contract that he is for that many more years could be a huge bargain in itself.  Only a mil more than Tanev, if Botterill still likes Tanev like he did a couple of years ago,.  I think this gets done by adding a little.

Came across this clip of him at 22 yrs old,.  Given the game assignment of covering Lucic.

 

..Eriksson for Lucic,.  Tanev for Ristolianen...   hmmm 

 

 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This is Ristolainen scoring the winning goal in overtime for Finland at the U-20. B)

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tanev or Hutton + 2nd + Lind

 

i know people will say not another high pick but we are turning the corner in our rebuild and he would be another addition to the core.  Also a potential Joulevi mentor.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get this done JB. Please. This is the smartest move by far for acquiring any d man that has been thrown around in rumours the past couple weeks

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

John Vogl reports that Buffalo Sabres GM Jason Botterill said that he doesn’t anticipate using a buyout to move Ristolainen’s contract and that a trade should be doable over the next 24-48 hours.

 

With three years remaining at $5.4 million per season, he’s not bad value if he plays first-pairing minutes like he has been in Buffalo.

 

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-june-23-2019/

 

I have no idea who this guy is but I came across this. Who would even consider a buyout? Lol

 

virtually anyone can publish with thw.

 

That's about as delusional as the hordes of Vancouverites that thought Benning gave up a 1st for a "cap dump" yesterday.

 

Possbiilty - some smarmy / uninformed type asked Botterill if he'd consider buying out Risotlainen - and he gave a polite answer.

 

Ristolainen is no cap dump, no buyout candidate - not even remotely close.  He's going to cost real asset/s - or he's likely to remain in Buffalo for the time being.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

virtually anyone can publish with thw.

 

That's about as delusional as the hordes of Vancouverites that thought Benning gave up a 1st for a "cap dump" yesterday.

 

Possbiilty - some smarmy / uninformed type asked Botterill if he'd consider buying out Risotlainen - and he gave a polite answer.

 

Ristolainen is no cap dump, no buyout candidate - not even remotely close.  He's going to cost real asset/s - or he's likely to remain in Buffalo for the time being.

 

 

Risto is definitely not getting bought out.  For that Vogl guy to suggest the Buffalo GM said the word buyout in reference to Risto shows the guy has no clue.

Risto has terrible plus minus numbers, but he puts up points, and plays a lot of hard minutes.  Plus those Buffalo forwards aren’t exactly known for playing in their own zone.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Sutter and Sven would give Buffalo defensive responsible forwards. No?

 

Hutton and prospect is the sweetener? 

 

Too much not enough?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Risto is definitely not getting bought out.  For that Vogl guy to suggest the Buffalo GM said the word buyout in reference to Risto shows the guy has no clue.

Risto has terrible plus minus numbers, but he puts up points, and plays a lot of hard minutes.  Plus those Buffalo forwards aren’t exactly known for playing in their own zone.  

If in fact we are in on Risto which I hope we are at least the media is working in our favour rather than those Toronto media clowns who continually de-value our assets and pump up our targets.  Now in all likelihood there is likely zero impact but if there is it would be nice if something worked in our favour.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vanfansince88 said:

- Sutter and Sven would give Buffalo defensive responsible forwards. No?

 

Hutton and prospect is the sweetener? 

 

Too much not enough?

 

 

 

Phone, offer Tanev and a 2nd round pick.

let the talk begin.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This is all helping our cause if true.  I think we actually have the a good situation for him to thrive especially if we have Edler and Myers around.  

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilentSam said:

Phone, offer Tanev and a 2nd round pick.

let the talk begin.

Hopefully both sides see the value in what they are looking for and it’s a quick chat.  Go GMJB go!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edler (6’3) Risolainen (6’4)

Hughes (5’10) Myers (6’8)

Joulevi (6’3) Tryamkin (6’8)

 

Ever wanted size + mobility on the backend?  Definitely possible...

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all in on Risto now. Team needs RD to be competitive. We need to be competitive. We need to make a move. Risto can be that move. I doubt we have the assets to aquire. Tanev as the centerpiece ain't gonna cut it.

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.