The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks inquired about Sabres defenceman

15 minutes ago, Screw said:

Virtanen, Dipietro and Hutton ?

Worth it if we have to.  It boosts our ad scoring and if we sign Myers I could see this range of points:

Ristolainen 45 points

Hughes 45 point

Edler 35 points

Myers 35 points

Stecher 25 points

Joulevi 20 points 

I've been opposed to moving Virtanen, but if it nets us Ristolainen then I think I'd go for it. I had a similar inkling in not wanting to trade Bertuzzi unless it was for someone like Luongo (prior to the deal) and that happened.

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Personally I think that Virtanen and Dipietro is a high price but I would pay that for Risto if it was possible.

I just think that Buffalo would still take Tanev, he is a drop of a mil on capspace.. and fills a hole that they would have by moving Risto.

Tanev might look pretty good along side of Bogosian, Montour, Dahlin.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Codez27 said:

Tanev, virt and 2nd rounder for ristolainan

I think this is a easy decision for buffalo

I don’t think we need to include the Tuna. Tanev still has value to the right team,. He would look better than Risto to them along side Bogosian or Montour.

Tanev has never had a player properly watching his back here .. add Hutton.   Or a 2nd rnd pick.

Pretty sure Hutton will be passed by a prospect here by Christmas if his game hasn’t dramatically progressed.. if that’s the case, Hutton will be gone then.. or perhaps with the arrival of Tryamkin in February if his team is not in the KHL playoffs.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Codez27 said:

No it isn't lol.

Go read the Buffalo forums. They think they should be getting a proven top 6 scorer if they trade Risto. Virt is not that...yet at least.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

@SabreFan1 is probably laughing at the offers on the last few pages and so is the Sabre’s GM. People here are way undervaluing what it would take to get Ristolainen.

And maybe this is just me, but in the entire time Benning has been GM when has he ever gone for the flashy high end star players in trades? Pretty much every trade has been unexpected by myself and probably a majority of the fan base. I don’t see him starting now with how much it would cost us to get Ristolainen. Benning always goes for the guys that the media and other GM’s don’t talk about much, if ever. I mean raise your hand if you saw J.T. Miller talked about anywhere on this forum or media outlet prior to the trade announcement? Because I sure didn’t. I’d love to get Ristolainen, but I doubt we’re in on him for a few different reasons, mainly cost and not being Benning’s type of player he targets.

14 hours ago, Codez27 said:

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I just think that Buffalo would still take Tanev, he is a drop of a mil on capspace.. and fills a hole that they would have by moving Risto.

Tanev might look pretty good along side of Bogosian, Montour, Dahlin.

13 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t think we need to include the Tuna. Tanev still has value to the right team,. He would look better than Risto to them along side Bogosian or Montour.

Tanev has never had a player properly watching his back here .. add Hutton.   Or a 2nd rnd pick.

Pretty sure Hutton will be passed by a prospect here by Christmas if his game hasn’t dramatically progressed.. if that’s the case, Hutton will be gone then.. or perhaps with the arrival of Tryamkin in February if his team is not in the KHL playoffs.

Are you guys insane?  Hahahah

Do you really think someone couldn’t and wouldn’t EASILY beat those offers?   

Not even close.  

He is a solid 40+ point dman every year. 

Reading these boards is like watching Peter Pan and Pinocchio talk about their day.   Pure fairy tales. 

Top players require top players.  Not a pile of our garbage.  

15 hours ago, SilentSam said:

He would look better than Risto to them along side Bogosian or Montour.

He's a right D. Bogosian and Montour are both right D. Tanev won't be playing 'alongside' either of them. 

And yeah, don't think any of these are enough value for BUF to jump unfortunately.

36 minutes ago, Vanfansince88 said:

Looks to me that Buffalo needs quality depth players. 

Nobody's arguing that. But I'm 99% sure they're not going to move a young, under good contract, top 4, 40+ point, right D for them.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Nobody's arguing that. But I'm 99% sure they're not going to move a young, under good contract, top 4, 40+ point, right D for them.

Haven't you learned, this is the land where the scrap heap from a bottom-5 team for the last 5 years can be packaged and sold for top-flight young players in a premium position! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

Haven't you learned, this is the land where the scrap heap from a bottom-5 team for the last 5 years can be packaged and sold for top-flight young players in a premium position! 

Yeah well, CDC can be 'special' at times.

Miller sucks, a 2020 or 21 mid-late pick is assuredly the next Gretzky, a young, under good contract, top 4, 40+ point, right D can be had for spare parts...wheee!

Pretty sure Risto would cost us something like Marky, Virtanen and a decent prospect. And even then I'm not sure they'd jump at it/we wouldn't be outbid.

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

He's a right D. Bogosian and Montour are both right D. Tanev won't be playing 'alongside' either of them. 

And yeah, don't think any of these are enough value for BUF to jump unfortunately.

I really don’t buy into to much on what Hand a shooter is to what Side he plays anymore Agent..

the game is changing rapidly, roving, and rotating coverage is rapidly evolving the game.

Saw it in the playoffs.

The way that young new players like Hughes, Makar, and even Macevoy move, reaction and action on play making outweighs a zone type era.

We might be surprised to see Risto move..  a conditional 1st rounder for JT miller?...  

Buffalo has expected more out of Ristolainen perhaps..  at 24, I think he is right on track.

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I really don’t buy into to much on what Hand a shooter is to what Side he plays anymore Agent..

the game is changing rapidly, roving, and rotating coverage is rapidly evolving the game.

Saw it in the playoffs.

The way that young new players like Hughes, Makar, and even Macevoy move, reaction and action on play making outweighs a zone type era.

We might be surprised to see Risto move..  a conditional 1st rounder for JT miller?...  

Buffalo has expected more out of Ristolainen perhaps..  at 24, I think he is right on track.

Bogosian and Tanev aren't rovers.

Coaches are still going to play most D in L/R pairs when they can.

5 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Are you guys insane?  Hahahah

Do you really think someone couldn’t and wouldn’t EASILY beat those offers?   

Not even close.  

He is a solid 40+ point dman every year. 

Reading these boards is like watching Peter Pan and Pinocchio talk about their day.   Pure fairy tales. 

Top players require top players.  Not a pile of our garbage.  

But proposals start the conversation,  whether it’s on these boards..  on over the GM’s telephone.

Do you really think a GM would just double down to get a player in an opening conversation..

it all about wants and needs.

.. but to just sit back and scream the “sky is falling”.. like you are.. well that’s kind of redundant.

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Bogosian and Tanev aren't rovers.

Coaches are still going to play most D in L/R pairs when they can.

Systems change. The game is too fast not to.

If players don’t evolve, they lose value because they can’t keep up.   

It’s already happening.