The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks inquired about Sabres defenceman

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

So you want to trade our scraps for a top pairing Dman?

Nice to be a dreamer but that's not how the real world works.  Sven/Sutter/Goldy have no value at all.  Sven is one concussion away from having his career ended.  Goldy hasn't proven that hes even an NHLer.

Our scraps yes I do. It's a bases of a trade or building point and it fills their holes....would Guad+ sutter for risto be better?

also Goldy has shown flashes and that might be a reason they could want him.....Risto also doesn't have highest value and look at it like this if they trade with us instead of getting one great piece..they fill all their needs with one deal....kinda like Jim did with the Kesler deal....not a dreamer just spit balling I notice you didnt say what you would offer.....

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

The only way this works is if they take on Tanev to make the cap even.

Not sure what other pieces they’d want but I don’t think we have them.

They want to move out a RD, so probably don't want to add another. They added Johansson, so that's their top 6 boost. Only thing I can think of them needing is maybe a boost for LD and goaltending.

I don't think we can afford to lose a LD at this point that will help them immediately. We can't really afford to lose Markstrom just yet until we are more confident with Demko. I'm not sure what our plans are with Demko and whether Buffalo is even interested with Luukkonen in their system already. We have signed an abundance of goalies though which may raise some eyebrows.

4 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

They want to move out a RD, so probably don't want to add another. They added Johansson, so that's their top 6 boost. Only thing I can think of them needing is maybe a boost for LD and goaltending.

I don't think we can afford to lose a LD at this point that will help them immediately. We can't really afford to lose Markstrom just yet until we are more confident with Demko. I'm not sure what our plans are with Demko and whether Buffalo is even interested with Luukkonen in their system already. We have signed an abundance of goalies though which may raise some eyebrows.

And we can't really take on another right side D with Myers, Tanev, and Stecher on the right.

Probably not a good match for a trade.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And we can't really take on another right side D with Myers, Tanev, and Stecher on the right.

Probably not a good match for a trade.

Unless we move Tanev out for picks and maybe even utilize these picks to nab Risto. Buffalo actually has an overabundance in Risto, Montour, Bogosian, Miller and now recently acquired Jokiharju who's left handed but listed as a RD.

We looked to have too many forwards as is and we added another one in Ferland, so I don't think our current numbers would prevent us from upgrading our D and Ristolainen IMO certainly does that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Unless we move Tanev out for picks and maybe even utilize these picks to nab Risto. Buffalo actually has an overabundance in Risto, Montour, Bogosian, Miller and now recently acquired Jokiharju who's left handed but listed as a RD.

We looked to have too many forwards as is and we added another one in Ferland, so I don't think our current numbers would prevent us from upgrading our D and Ristolainen IMO certainly does that.

Edler Ristolainen

Hughes Myers

Benn Stecher

Definitely looks better on paper. We could sure use another puck mover to help boost our offense.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

They appear to need forwards, especially a 2/3 C.  Unfortunate that Sutter hasn't been healthy, as would figure some sort of package of him/Baertschi/Goldobin/Virtanen would pique interest.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

They appear to need forwards, especially a 2/3 C.  Unfortunate that Sutter hasn't been healthy, as would figure some sort of package of him/Baertschi/Goldobin/Virtanen would pique interest.

I thought so too, but they have Sobotka and Larsson who were their top PK guys and for their bottom 6. So maybe a 2nd line center if they want to upgrade on Reinhart or Mittlestadt. Don't see them having much need for a winger though especially after adding Johansson.

27 minutes ago, mll said:

Wrong side, wrong wing.  The Buffalo news today:  

Behind Ristolainen on the right side are Montour, Miller, Jokiharju and Zach Bogosian (who doesn't figure to start the season due to hip surgery). Throw in on-the-cusp-of-the-NHL Borgen, Casey Nelson and Fitzgerald and you've got a massive surplus.

The Sabres are ultra heavy at right defense and left wing and far too thin at center and right wing.

I think any offer would need to start with Sutter and Virtanen. I'd hate to lose Jake but.... 

The salary is largely a wash but that does make Tanev expendable for futures which would clear roughly $4.5m total solving any eventual 'Roussel off the IR' cap issues.

Then if we can move Eriksson (even with $1-2m in retention), we're COMPLETELY laughing.

Miller/Ferland, Pettersson, Boeser

Pearson, Horvat, Miller/Ferland

Baer, Gaudette, Leivo

Motte, Beagle, Schaller/MacEwan (until Rouss returns)

Goldobin

*Roussel on IR

Edler, Myers/Risto

Hughes, Myers/Risto

Benn, Stecher

Fanta, Biega

Markstrom, Demko

• Cheers 1