The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Federal Government Approves TMX Pipeline Again - Update: Supreme Court Dismisses Appeal

DonLever

From CKNW:

The Federal Government has approved the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion project for a second time. Nine months ago, the Federal Court of Appeal put the government's first approval on hold saying more consultion with First Nations was needed, along with a better plan to deal with the marine impact of the pipeline on the B.C. coast. Trudeau says construction will restart this construction season, but there is no specific date yet.

Edited by DonLever

3 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Man, this is why BC is the most expensive places to live cause government tryna help us out with Gas prices but the damn tree huggers are stopping that, like come on get this underway already,

NDP needs to go cause they arent looking at the big picture... Transmountain pipeline = lower cost of gas prices.. 

It's not the NDP it's the Green party. 

• Upvote 1

JWR coming out against it. I imagine she will be against everything JT.

I'm not a big fan of hers, but she is citing economic viability... 

This is something I hadn't heard much from the detractors but now I am hearing it more and more.

Is this thing gonna make the mad dough that we've been lead to believe? or is there doubt?

15 minutes ago, inane said:

although this government declaring a climate emergency and then literally the next day approving this pipe....boggles

Not really. You know what the first thing out the window is when people don't have jobs or food? The environment. Nobody gives a damn about the precious environment when they can hardly feed their family. This pipeline will actually be a net benefit to the environment.

Edited by Boeserker
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Boeserker said:

Not really. You know what the first thing out the window is when people don't have jobs or food? The environment. Nobody gives a damn about the precious environment when they can hardly feed their family. This pipeline will actually be a net benefit to the environment.

Lol ok. 

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

This is something I hadn't heard much from the detractors but now I am hearing it more and more.

Is this thing gonna make the mad dough that we've been lead to believe? or is there doubt?

Former environment minister David Anderson sent letters to ,iirc, 6 members of the liberal cabinet saying words like "Just where is the actual business case for this pipeline" Seems all the talk about new customers is just talk and nothing concrete.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Man, this is why BC is the most expensive places to live cause government tryna help us out with Gas prices but the damn tree huggers are stopping that, like come on get this underway already,

NDP needs to go cause they arent looking at the big picture... Transmountain pipeline = lower cost of gas prices.. 

the tree huggers don't know that the car they drive the house they live in the place they work at uses natural gas which is moved by pipe

Edited by Squamfan
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Gas prices have dropped from a $1.60 high this year to a current $1.45 (and I have seen $1.27 recently).  And no Transmountain pipeline has been built.  Also, isn't the pipeline to transport crude Bitumen??  How does that equal lower gas prices?? 

Anyways...the pipeline will be approved.   It was always going to be.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, inane said:

Lol ok. 

It shouldn't boggle the mind that the Drama Teacher come PM Trudeau is scrambling for votes and that he doesn't care if the talk going from the left side of his mouth contradicts what comes out of his ass.

They are replacing 66 year old pipeline with modern technology and oversight = benefit to the environment

More jobs and a better economy also helps the environment in a lot of ways which go unmeasured. One of which is that people have a more secure and consistent standard of living which allows them the time to Morally Grandstand and profess what stewards of the environment they are while pointing fingers at everyone around them with one hand while holding a disposable Starbucks cup in the other.

Edited by Boeserker
  • Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, inane said:

Ummm your point is the definition of not looking at the big picture lol

although this government declaring a climate emergency and then literally the next day approving this pipe....boggles

I guess 1.6% of GHG emmisions from Canada is a huge emergency.

Edited by Stelar
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Just build the friggin' pipeline already.  And build more of them too.  And get more bridges, and widen roads.  And get rid of bicycle lanes.  We need gas and diesel for our cars and trucks!  Not that I care.  My scooter is electric.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

We have lost something like 20billion by not having it done yet.

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, BPA said:

Gas prices have dropped from a $1.60 high this year to a current $1.45 (and I have seen $1.27 recently).  And no Transmountain pipeline has been built.  Also, isn't the pipeline to transport crude Bitumen??  How does that equal lower gas prices?? 

Anyways...the pipeline will be approved.   It was always going to be.

Pipeline transports everything gas,diesel and oil.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

She actually isn't, if you've heard the OPPO podcast with her and Philpott.

We should build TMX, but we shouldn't go pipeline crazy. 

18 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

She actually isn't, if you've heard the OPPO podcast with her and Philpott.

We should build TMX, but we shouldn't go pipeline crazy. 

Ahh thanks,

Just read a blurb that said that she wants it halted to analyse the economics more or something...

So she wants it...just not yet?

31 minutes ago, Violator said:

It does?  I guess it could, but wouldn't the raw oil be piped to tankers on the coast, that take it to refineries, so (whomever) they buyers can refine it into what they need?

35 minutes ago, Violator said:

From the Transmountain website...

• The existing pipeline will carry refined products, synthetic crude oils, and light crude oils with the capability for heavy crude oils
  • The new pipeline will carry heavier oils with the capability for transporting light crude oils.

So again... how does a new pipeline reduce gas prices? 

Edited by BPA
  • Upvote 1