The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Federal Government Approves TMX Pipeline Again - Update: Supreme Court Dismisses Appeal

DonLever

14 minutes ago, canuckfromlangley said:

How come almost all the oil going through the pipeline now is sold to the USA? According to everyone it's stupid to sell it at a discount to the USA.

It's not sold at a 'discount'. It's a different form of crude oil. Western Canadian Select requires much more refining than West Texas Intermediate. So it trades at a lower price.

"Everyone" saying it sells at a discount are uninformed. It's like saying "why does a Hyundai sell at a discount to a Porsche?" It's because a Porsche is desirable and a Hyundai is junk.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

man you guys in Calgary are a suspicious bunch. This is going to kill Trudeau at the polls in BC, he wouldn't do that if it wasn't a done deal. 

Bc has the same political clout as Saskatchewan.Nobody cares by the time you hit BC.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BPA said:

From the Transmountain website...

• The existing pipeline will carry refined products, synthetic crude oils, and light crude oils with the capability for heavy crude oils
  • The new pipeline will carry heavier oils with the capability for transporting light crude oils.

So again... how does a new pipeline reduce gas prices? 

It wont, even in the Alberta funded campaign it states 'approving this pipeline is a good start." Legally they know they cannot state it will reduce gas prices.  Of course those ads are obviously catering to the fools and sadly judging from this thread it's working.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Stelar said:

Still not convinced it is a done deal. Just looking forward to see the meltdown from @kingofsurrey  I'm sure it will include his usual unoriginal rants about big trucks, cowboys, etc.....

Yupp.   F350 sales today in Alberta went up 67% in a single day....  Also, chewing tobacco bulk sales went up 96% as well.

3 new tractor pull events announced summer competitions earlier today , all in Alberta.....

A real boom today in Alberta.....  Such great news.   All the people that want more Global Warming Climate change are celebrating across Canada with this news.....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BPA said:

From the Transmountain website...

• The existing pipeline will carry refined products, synthetic crude oils, and light crude oils with the capability for heavy crude oils
  • The new pipeline will carry heavier oils with the capability for transporting light crude oils.

So again... how does a new pipeline reduce gas prices? 

What do you think refined products is? Lol. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

It's not sold at a 'discount'. It's a different form of crude oil. Western Canadian Select requires much more refining than West Texas Intermediate. So it trades at a lower price.

"Everyone" saying it sells at a discount are uninformed. It's like saying "why does a Hyundai sell at a discount to a Porsche?" It's because a Porsche is desirable and a Hyundai is junk.

I guess i just wonder why they keep saying they need another market for the oil, yet they use the existing pipeline to sell to the USA.

1 minute ago, canuckfromlangley said:

I guess i just wonder why they keep saying they need another market for the oil, yet they use the existing pipeline to sell to the USA.

Market for bitumen is dying.  The project will be a white elephant....

Money should have been spent on a refinery....  that would have created jobs in Canada and more gas for consumers.....

3 hours ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Man, this is why BC is the most expensive places to live cause government tryna help us out with Gas prices but the damn tree huggers are stopping that, like come on get this underway already,

NDP needs to go cause they arent looking at the big picture... Transmountain pipeline = lower cost of gas prices.. 

Since this bitumen is being exported, I doubt this pipeline does anything to lower gas prices.  Thank a lack of an oil refinery, carbon tax, transit tax, GVRD tax and government incompetence on your high gas prices, not a lack of a pipeline.

Thank you to Trudeau and former Alberta Premier Notley for putting the time and effort in to this to ensure it got approved and will be guaranteed to beat any upcoming court challenges because it was done properly.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Thank you to Trudeau and former Alberta Premier Notley for putting the time and effort in to this to ensure it got approved and will be guaranteed to beat any upcoming court challenges because it was done properly.

What happened to you.you used to be cool man

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Violator said:

What happened to you.you used to be cool man

I was always for this pipeline as it was the lesser evil and was going to get done no matter what.  Better this over the other nonsense they had planned.

But I pity the idiots that only supported this because "cheaper gas" or who thought loads of jobs would be created.

Almost as much as I enjoy the irony of Alberta cheering for this as though it's a magical fix to their issues.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Which pipeline just got the go ahead?  

Not the one that should have been and was damn near finished...Energy East.  Getting oil to our refineries makes sooo much more economic sense than this boondoggle. 

Edited by Gnarcore