The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Federal Government Approves TMX Pipeline Again - Update: Supreme Court Dismisses Appeal

DonLever

Good , Canadian oil  don't have to depend on US for our oil resources.  Instead Canadian oil can sell to other markets in the world for higher price.  There will definitely be more supply in BC.  Which in turn should lower the price somewhat in the gas-stations.  I can't afford to spend more on gas prices, my car eats better every month than me now. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Not the one that should have been and was damn near finished...Energy East.  Getting oil to our refineries makes sooo much more economic sense than this boondoggle. 

Alberta's NDP built an upgrader to refine products.  Nobody cares though.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Violator said:

It means they can transport more thus cheaper gas prices.

Lol.  

Do you really think they would sell cheaper gas to BC if they have the option of selling more crude oil overseas?

BC will still get the same amount of gas supplied from AB.  BC will continue to buy gas from US to make up the shortfall.

Edit:

Also.  I have never heard AB supplying refined gas to support all BC needs (current and future) so that BC doesn't have to buy from US again. 

Edited by BPA

4 minutes ago, jimmyking8888 said:

Good , Canadian oil  don't have to depend on US for our oil resources.  Instead Canadian oil can sell to other markets in the world for higher price.  There will definitely be more supply in BC.  Which in turn should lower the price somewhat in the gas-stations.  I can't afford to spend more on gas prices, my car eats better every month than me now. 

Again.  The volume that TMX supplies the GVRD is ONLY 30% of their daily usage.

The refined product aspect of the pipeline is not increasing.  Refining capability in Burnaby is not increasing.  Gasoline/diesel holding tanks are not increasing.

Fuel prices will not decrease based on the expansion.  Any belief otherwise was based on ignorance and lies fed by the CAPP 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, jimmyking8888 said:

Do you have a car that runs on diluted peanut butter Bitumen..... ?

Cool.....

• Cheers 1

Just now, jimmyking8888 said:

If gas price goes even higher , I guess I have to stick to peanut butter and bread everyday.  No more going out to restaurant. 

If gas prices go any higher......  maybe BC wages can go up and not be the lowest wages in Canada..... LOL 

27 minutes ago, BPA said:

The existing pipeline is transporting refined products.

The NEW pipeline is not.

The current one is busy being filled up with heavy since it’s where the

money is. When the NEW one is built it will be able to fill the heavy supply. Thus allowing the existing one to ship more refined product lowering gas prices from the new refinery being built. 

The caveat is Alberta can determine what product is being moved. But the proposed scenario was the old pipeline would become the refined pipeline. And the new one would be the heavy one. But as I said. It would be a waste of 9.7 billion (spent on the refinery) for Alberta to not ship that refined product to BC

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yupp.   F350 sales today in Alberta went up 67% in a single day....  Also, chewing tobacco bulk sales went up 96% as well.

3 new tractor pull events announced summer competitions earlier today , all in Alberta.....

A real boom today in Alberta.....  Such great news.   All the people that want more Global Warming Climate change are celebrating across Canada with this news.....

Bingo, just like clockwork. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Again.  The volume that TMX supplies the GVRD is ONLY 30% of their daily usage.

The refined product aspect of the pipeline is not increasing.  Refining capability in Burnaby is not increasing.  Gasoline/diesel holding tanks are not increasing.

Fuel prices will not decrease based on the expansion.  Any belief otherwise was based on ignorance and lies fed by the CAPP 

I personally never cared about the fuel prices in BC. If you elect a tree hugging government you should pay more for your gas. I am looking forward to selling to new markets. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Not the one that should have been and was damn near finished...Energy East.  Getting oil to our refineries makes sooo much more economic sense than this boondoggle. 

Agreed 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

So, @Ryan Strome, you voting Liberal now? I mean you'll want to ensure this is built.... right?

Not a chance but I'm pretty sure this is one way a state owned pipeline could work.

Beyond approving the project, Trudeau also committed to directing every single dollar the federal government earns from the pipeline — which, when it's built, is estimated to be some $500 million a year in federal corporate tax revenue alone — to investments in unspecified clean energy projects.

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

@Ryan Strome

You putting up this photo as a poster in your bedroom now.... ?

CANADA NEEDS A STRONG LEADER

image.jpg

Are you taking yours down? I thought he was playing Alberta? I think he only played a guy in Surrey.

Bold move for Jt considering he won't win a seat in Alberta.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Not a chance but I'm pretty sure this is one way a state owned pipeline could work.

Beyond approving the project, Trudeau also committed to directing every single dollar the federal government earns from the pipeline — which, when it's built, is estimated to be some $500 million a year in federal corporate tax revenue alone — to investments in unspecified clean energy projects.

that would be a good away to spend that $. Elisabeth May is up in arms over that statement :lol: she doesn't get the idea of an investment paying dividends i guess. 

Anyway, glad for AB, maybe you guys can dial down the anger a bit now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that would be a good away to spend that $. Elisabeth May is up in arms over that statement :lol: she doesn't get the idea of an investment paying dividends i guess. 

JM, what does this mean for Rupert?  Gotta be good for up there. 

5 hours ago, inane said:

Ummm your point is the definition of not looking at the big picture lol

although this government declaring a climate emergency and then literally the next day approving this pipe....boggles

Not really, pipelines are far better for the environment than rail.

5 hours ago, BPA said:

Gas prices have dropped from a $1.60 high this year to a current $1.45 (and I have seen $1.27 recently).  And no Transmountain pipeline has been built.  Also, isn't the pipeline to transport crude Bitumen??  How does that equal lower gas prices?? 

Anyways...the pipeline will be approved.   It was always going to be.

91.4 in Calgary.

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Sure, but its differnet when its a province lying to another isn't it? is to me anyway.

Regardless, Trudeau just approved it so it should be happy days in AB. But they won't give him any credit, none. 

Took him to long.B)

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wonder how Albertans will turn this into even more hate for Trudeau? :lol:

Again, way to long. He won't win a seat here.

3 hours ago, Stelar said:

Trudeau doesn’t need BC to get re-elected 

I wouldn't be so sure. He has been in 2nd place in Ontario for a while now and the Conservatives are gaining in Quebec atm if only those two things hold true it will be a cpc majority.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I bought you a beer but we need to dial up the anger. Kenney campaigned on aggression and now he has dialed it back. I'm disappointed, I want Alberta to have more autonomy and better deal on equalization.

And yes, May is a moron.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Stelar said:

I personally never cared about the fuel prices in BC. If you elect a tree hugging government you should pay more for your gas. I am looking forward to selling to new markets. 

Shame they turned down the NEP isn't it

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Not really, pipelines are far better for the environment than rail.

91.4 in Calgary.

Took him to long.B)

Again, way to long. He won't win a seat here.

I wouldn't be so sure. He has been in 2nd place in Ontario for a while now and the Conservatives are gaining in Quebec atm if only those two things hold true it will be a cpc majority.

91 cents a litre.. god dam..

my car takes premium which was up to  $1.9 a litre last month.. 1.7 for regular unreal difference a province away can make