The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Shopping Tanev

1 minute ago, Maketherightmove said:

He’s a pro that’s been in a front office position for more than several years. He’s not going to buckle and made a poor deal (in his eyes/mind) just because the draft is in Van. This isn’t a schoolyard where kids are trading cards.

Hope so. Just never know when it comes to Jim. 

35 minutes ago, BPA said:

Now that JB drafted Pod.  Watch JB trade a Tanev package to TO for Zaitsev.

Lol

Why would we do that. Unless they are throwing in Kapanen or Nylander it is not happening. 

In case you haven't noticed teams aren't lining up to help cap strapped teams like Toronto and Vegas out.

The Canucks are one of the few teams that can take on some cap.

They aren't going to take on someones cap dump without getting something of value for doing it.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

If this headline was 3-4 years old we'd get good return on Tanev.

Thank god we kept him, otherwise we'd end up a bottom feeder.  Oh wait.. 

I am sure his 150 games played the last 3 years was huge for sheltering our kids too. Simple maffs tells me that's like 60% of a season :frantic: Holy moly.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, babalu said:

Why would we do that. Unless they are throwing in Kapanen or Nylander it is not happening. 

In case you haven't noticed teams aren't lining up to help cap strapped teams like Toronto and Vegas out.

They aren't going to take on someones cap dump without getting something of value for doing it.

Yeah.  I was lazy in typing out the whole deal.

I think I said in a previous post something like Tanev + Goldobin for Zaitsev + Kapanen.

Lol.  Maybe swap out Goldobin for Spooner.

:P

19 minutes ago, babalu said:

Especially a cap dump like Zaitsev who still has 5 years left on his contract.