The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Shopping Tanev

7 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

He's basically a younger, bigger version of Edler with better hands and better mobility. He's been stuck behind 2 all stars in Big Buff and Trouba. People forget he was a 40 pt dman in Buffalo and still has been putting up decent numbers in the peg. He's a solid 2d who would be great as a 2nd pp QB after QH, and can kill penalties etc. He's 6'8" 229

You don't like the looks of this future D as a cup run in 2 years? 4 big men who can all move with a couple of mighty mites who create havoc

QH Myers (6'8" 229)

Juolevi (6'3" 210 by that time) Tryamkin (6'7' 265)

Edler (6'3 212) Stecher

Woo

I likey

Myers' size is a tad overrated in my mind. He's nowhere near as imposing as his height suggests.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

If they are shopping Tanev, JB is likely confident Edler gets done. The issue with Eddie was likely the NTC, given its been said he's opened that issue up (willingness to waive for Seattle), then its just money and Aquaman has always shown a willingness to spend if his GM asks for it. Tanev moving for a mid to late first rounder is needed, and given Braun went for a 2nd and 3rd, he should get that. Sign Meyers, have Tryamkin coming back next year who can play the right side, Hughes can also play right. Plus never know how Woo shows in camp. We're good..

That's right...Hughes can play right, can't he? In fact weren't they experimenting with using him opposite Edler last year? I think he did all right too. 

As far as what to do if Edler leaves, have we lost faith in Juolevi, already?

Edited by John_Guest
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Ah...  A day late and a buck short, story of this management.  BUT BENNING DRAFTED PETEY AND BROCK HE CAN DO NO RON!

Da do no ron ron,

Da do no ron !

Edited by Jayinblack
  • Haha 4

Just now, 18W-40C-6W said:

Being big is not just about punishing, its about having wingspan, ability to take away space and time from oncoming oppenents. Chara doesn't hit anymore. and his skating was always poor and has digressed with age, but he's till very effective because his stick is always in the way, even when he's beat he can reach and poke a puck away....that's the value. And Myers is not shy physically, just not a punisher, and can skate very well for a big man. Add in Try and Woo and we have our punishers.

For sure it's not. When I say imposing, I mean the full use of one's size to prevent a play, not just lining someone up for a hit. I've seen Myers play, and he doesn't seem to be that impressive of a defenseman to me. The price he'll demand, if not re-signed by Winnipeg, will be more than he's really worth.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, John_Guest said:

That's right...Hughes can play right, can't he? In fact weren't they experimenting with using him opposite Edler last year? I think he did all right too. 

As far as what to do if Edler leaves, have we lost faith in Juolevi, already?

I love OJ and think he'll be a legit top 4 capable of top 2, but he's not ready to replace Eddie. Eddie is a warrior and has shown he can match up against the best in the NHL. Our record with him in the lineup would have got us into the playoffs if projected over 82 games, without him, we were something like .400- OJ is just not at that level yet. He needs to play some sheltered bottom pair minutes with PP time for a year or two first.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nuck-lifer said:

To Toronto 

Tanev - Virtanen- 2nd pick 2020

To Vancouver

Zaitsev- Nylander

Gives Toronto that much needed shutdown shot suppressing RD, cap relief for Marner and a JV's potential 

Give Van  an RD that can play in top 4 that is healthier long term, 2 years younger and a young top 3 forward with cost certainty

I could definitely see this happening.  TO would want to dump Marleau on us too, if he would waive to come here.  

1 minute ago, nuck-lifer said:

To Toronto 

To Vancouver

Zaitsev- Nylander

Gives Toronto that much needed shutdown shot suppressing RD, cap relief for Marner and a JV's potential 

Give Van  an RD that can play in top 4 that is healthier long term, 2 years younger and a young top 3 forward with cost certainty

That's the only way I'd be OK with Zaitsev coming this way, if there's a big sweetner in either Nylander or Kapanen.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I could definitely see this happening.  TO would want to dump Marleau on us too, if he would waive to come here.  

I'd take Marleau for the one year in that deal. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

we could take him on for his last year, and would take the 2020 2nd rounder back. we have the room.

makes sense for both teams, since there are positives and negatives on both sides, as i would hate to see us give up on Jake, but we need a top line forward now to support EP and Brock.

8 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

To Toronto 

To Vancouver

Zaitsev- Nylander

No deal on Jake.

Your trade is slightly tilted to Toronto imho and also ignoring their cap issue. That issue is leverage for us.

Tanev >>>>> Zaitsev who's bordering on junk

Cap issues are solved for them by moving both

No need to give them Jake and the 2nd. Give them Goldy and the 2nd instead (and Happily take Marleau if need be)

Put it this way

Tanev is being traded for Kapenen and cap space

The second is alot more than Zaitsev is worth

Goldy is a potential what if freebee

Taking Marleau solves their problems.

That's more than valuable for Toronto

Edited by 18W-40C-6W