The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson is the Calder Winner

Rate this topic

coastal.view

Gotta say, Petey giving a tribute to the late Jason Botchford in his speech and tearing up about it shows how much he cares about this organization and the people in his life. Honestly at a loss for words on how we ended up with such a remarkable talent with such great character.

All these years of suffering through crappy drafting, 3 Cup Final defeats and all the Messier-Keenan shenanigans have led us to getting Petey. I can’t wait to see him win us a Stanley Cup.:towel:

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Saw you on the Canucks instagram live!

I’m on IG live?! I didn’t know that...

That’s explains why Derek Jorey was up to something with that phone of his... lol

Edited by Crimson-JH

5 hours ago, coastal.view said:

congratulation ep40

yet another award in another league

that you have taken by storm

thanks for the entertainment you brought us this season

(i still cannot believe no one has already created a thread acknowledging his win)

i do appreciate the cdc moderator

who took up my suggestion

and changed the like ribbon

from a heart icon to the alien one that is now being used

that is my present to ep40 for his fine season

Was there ever any doubt?  :D  WTG Alien!   Ty Mr Benning for picking him!  nice score! (literally) seems to do a lot of it!  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Thank you EP40. 

Your hard work pays off. You make your team-mates better. And the best is yet to come. 

All class with the Botch shout out. 

The media here doesn't make it easy. Hell some of the fans here don't make it easy. 

But great to see someone that humble, and that composed at such a young age. 

"Hell some of the fans here don't make it easy"????   ummmm lol  ~~~MOST~~~   However He just proved em all wrong! 

• Cheers 1

Many congrats Petey.... Well deserved.

And a huge thank you for making the past season enjoyable... Can't wait for the next season to start. :wub:

Very classy speech as well upon winning the Calder cup. Magic.

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Gotta say, Petey giving a tribute to the late Jason Botchford in his speech and tearing up about it shows how much he cares about this organization and the people in his life. Honestly at a loss for words on how we ended up with such a remarkable talent with such great character.

All these years of suffering through crappy drafting, 3 Cup Final defeats and all the Messier-Keenan shenanigans have led us to getting Petey. I can’t wait to see him win us a Stanley Cup.:towel:

My guess is that Petey gave the death stare to Botch a few times, and now he feels bad because it actually worked.

• Haha 3

If anyone ever had any doubt, then I'd suggest they aren't doing their job as a Canucks fan. 151 1st place votes. Binnington only had 18 1st place votes, then two other players (Dahlin and Heiskanen) got one vote each. Landslide.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

If anyone ever had any doubt, then I'd suggest they aren't doing their job as a Canucks fan. 151 1st place votes. Binnington only had 18 1st place votes, then two other players (Dahlin and Heiskanen) got one vote each. Landslide.

Kind of surprised Dahlin didn’t get more first place votes.