Sign in to follow this  
ItalianCanuck1

[OFFICIAL] Edler is back - 2 years - 6 million per season

1 minute ago, cdubuya said:

Fantastic if true

He'll be considered a UFA 4 days before expansion draft which allows Seattle a window to speak with pending UFA's but no we do not need to protect him.

2 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

I'm surprised it wasn't closer to $7M on a short-term contract. Eddie deserves more and totally could have gotten that and term in the open market. He took a big hometown discount to stay with us.

Was there any info on performance bonuses?  Given his injury record, perhaps they structured the deal to give a bonus if he hits certain performance numbers.  

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Was there any info on performance bonuses?  Given his injury record, perhaps they structured the deal to give a bonus if he hits certain performance numbers.  

I don't think he meets either injury level or age to have performance bonuses to be added to his contract.

51 minutes ago, Slegr said:

NIce signing! Everything's coming up Milhouse!

23C94B93-CD28-42D0-A9FD-64BD92F15E2E.gif

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

He just has to bring the amount of broken sticks down ;)

• Haha 2

You kow it's a great deal when even JB's biggest haters over at hfboards are giving him props lol.

Bennng is off to a great start this off-season.  Now if he can. Bring in Hoffman and Risto that would be great.

• Hydration 2

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

That's amazing, best case scenario even. Higher cap for shorter term and we can figure out the expansion crap later. 

Welcome back Eagle! 

Benning and co did great and Edler cooperated. I'm calling that a win for management.

I've lost some respect for Dhaliwal the last few days though. 

Curious on why you lost respect for Dhaliwal? if anything you should be gaining respect no ?

Dhaliwal has been reporting what's been going on. Prior to a couple days ago it was stalled which he reported and when the negotiations was looking good and picked up again he reported that too.

Seems like he's been accurate in his reports.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, stawns said:

I actually wouldn't be adverse to Eddie wearing the C for the next cpl seasons.  I like Bo, but I'm not sure he's ready and, depending on madden and AG, I'm not sure hes in Van long term

Edler is on the Freedom 40 plan. He doesn't want the C, he doesn't care to win the Cup, he just wants to be comfortable for the next few years. 

Also, who gave him the nickname "Eagle"? Just terribad

• Confused 1

Outstanding contract by Benning, I can't wait for the haters to start complaining on this one but it's a team friendly term, no protection in the expansion draft and very fair cap hit for a top 4D.  Home run by management here.

1 minute ago, Boeserker said:

Edler is on the Freedom 40 plan. He doesn't want the C, he doesn't care to win the Cup, he just wants to be comfortable for the next few years. 

Also, who gave him the nickname "Eagle"? Just terribad

He was given the nickname by Bieksa, Burrows, and Kesler (and I think Ballard) who used to give nicknames to everyone on the team. Take it up with them I suppose.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Yeah, Dhaliwal is a drama queen and getting to Pratt-like levels of dumbness.  Just listening to the guy costs you some brain cells.

"It's been such a rollercoaster the past few days..."  Yeah, ALL created by you, Rick.  Take a bow, troll agitator.

Shortly before Linden left, word was he wanted to extend Edler 2+ years but Benning only wanted 1 or 2.  Don't think there's a better contract that could have been done.  The money is absolutely irrelevant, especially considering Hughes' ELC ends as Edler's contract does.  It's also short enough that if Edler does decline steeply he/we can make a decision on him then as to whether he retires or even starts on one-year deals.

His agent just clarified that if Edler is picked by Seattle he still becomes a UFA on the following July 1st and can sign anywhere.  Don't think Seattle would do that then, considering he could turn around and re-sign with us and they get nothing.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

That's amazing, best case scenario even. Higher cap for shorter term and we can figure out the expansion crap later. 

Welcome back Eagle! 

Benning and co did great and Edler cooperated. I'm calling that a win for management.

Could not agree more!

Just like to add, that the win is for all of us

The Eagle was the best alternative out there

I just hope that we show Alex some respect and love, he could have gotten more on the open market

and it shows the younger players that money isn't everything!

Glad you stayed Alex!...….You get a standing "O" from me.

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Yeah, Dhaliwal is a drama queen and getting to Pratt-like levels of dumbness.  Just listening to the guy costs you some brain cells.

Hate to say it man but you have to give him credit. He's been pretty bang on about most things and is probably the best insider for the Canucks. He was the first one that actually said this deal was going to get done. 

Elliotte Friedman said it could be 4 year deal LOL

Why? He was the only one refuting the 3 year 5.5 mill deal that was being reported all of yesterday. He seemed like the only one who knew that that wasn't the deal and it was going to be a 2 year deal.