The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks aggressively pursuing Tyson Barrie

I got sucked into the whole barrie trade crap today. I started the day not wanting the shrimp but bought into the whole 55+ point offensive d guy thing.

Thought we had a half decent trade proposed and then, again like most years, nothing happened.

Man these media d bags are getting old and useless pumping nothing.

I hope JB can get us a couple top 4 D in trades but eff sakic the little beeaattchh.

Go for subban or someone else not on colordbags

IF I am JB, I would wait till the trade deadline at the earliest, his asking price should be going down by then.   I think Sakic is desperate to get something for him before he leaves for freeagency; why overpay Colorado because either way Barrie is getting paid.  The cap will always make players like Barrie available because you can't pay everyone.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

Had a good laugh in that Pod interview when he was asked if he had a hockey trade in the works and he laughed...

The "cooks" don't ttend to think like a GM.  They think like kids in candy stores that just got their allowance.  'How many pmds can I get?!?!'

23 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

IF I am JB, I would wait till the trade deadline at the earliest, his asking price should be going down by then.   I think Sakic is desperate to get something for him before he leaves for freeagency; why overpay Colorado because either way Barrie is getting paid.  The cap will always make players like Barrie available because you can't pay everyone.

I doubt asking price goes down unless he won’t play for them or has an awful year. There’s plenty of teams that’ll be in the playoff race that will highly covet a top 10 d-man of the nhl, who can actually run a Powerplay. 

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

I hope JB waits it out and have these cap teams beg for us to help them.

The teams must be cap compliant before puck drop on opening night I think.  The longer a team waits to get helped out, the fewer teams will be left to be able to help, so the cost for help goes even higher.  I’m hoping JB saves his cap space too. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I doubt asking price goes down unless he won’t play for them or has an awful year. There’s plenty of teams that’ll be in the playoff race that will highly covet a top 10 d-man of the nhl, who can actually run a Powerplay. 

I only said it because Colorado has a few talented players that needs to get sign and there is a rumour the cap might not be going up ???  Lookng at there potential free agents  in coming years; it would be hard to keep them all signed without losing some good players because of the cap.   Colorado got a steal on the McKinnon deal....

Edited by ShawnAntoski

56 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Canucks aren't the only other team in the NHL that's the problem.. 

Teams will lineup to get him at TDL. 

Edited by WHL rocks

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Canucks aren't the only other team in the NHL that's the problem.. 

Teams will lineup to get him at TDL. 

Those teams that recognizes that they have an opportunity to make a run at the cup will more than likely bid for his services and the more teams bidding will also drive up the price for his services but it won't probably be as high as now when you can have his services potentially for the whole year.   I guess the cap is doing what it was intended to do which is parity..

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Man its tough to say that he is Top 10 in the league. 

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I only said it because Colorado has a few talented players that needs to get sign and there is a rumour the cap might not be going up ???  Lookng at there potential free agents  in coming years; it would be hard to keep them all signed without losing some good players because of the cap.   Colorado got a steal on the McKinnon deal....

meh colorado doesnt have any dead contract and they have 13 players signed with 36mil in cap space. let's just say rantenen and barrie takes up 17mil that's still not too bad 21-22 will prolly be more of a problem when landeskog contract is also up.. if it comes down to keeping barrie or trading erik johnson i think erik johnson will be moved to make space

42 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

meh colorado doesnt have any dead contract and they have 13 players signed with 36mil in cap space. let's just say rantenen and barrie takes up 17mil that's still not too bad 21-22 will prolly be more of a problem when landeskog contract is also up.. if it comes down to keeping barrie or trading erik johnson i think erik johnson will be moved to make space

yeah, but they're going to have big problems in the future so they should just be proactive and trade Timmins to us - get out ahead of their problems.

So Tyson Barrie is my best friends nephew. I'm not claiming to be a legitimate source or anything. However we have always wanted Tyson to join the canucks. I have tons of signed Tyson gear. That said I was excited and talked with his family tonight and they told me that Tyson was well aware that something might happen and they were all hoping for it. Just because it didnt happen tonight doesn't mean something isnt in the works. He wants to play here and that gives the Avs trade value as he would be willing to sign a conditional extension. I know you all have your reasons why you would or wouldn't want him here. But as a lifelong canucks fan, I would love to see Tyson sign here, and he would play his heart out for this team.

• Cheers 1