The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 20 Thread

goalie13

It's that time of year again.  The trailer is out for NHL20.

I'll be buying this despite having a Leaf on the cover and it probably just being little more than a roster update.  I'm looking forward to starting yet another franchise with the Canucks updated roster.

Available September 13th.

5 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

It's that time of year again.  The trailer is out for NHL20.

I'll be buying this despite having a Leaf on the cover and it probably just being little more than a roster update.  I'm looking forward to starting yet another franchise with the Canucks updated roster.

Available September 13th.

Apparently NHL '20 will work very well until April next and then will disappear from your system and/or simply fail to load.   This version will prove to be only effective in regular season mode.    

• Haha 3

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

Apparently NHL '20 will work very well until April next and then will disappear from your system and/or simply fail to load.   This version will prove to be only effective in regular season mode.    

I'm not sure if you're a gamer, but that'd be a massive upgrade over the previous 5 years. 

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'm not sure if you're a gamer, but that'd be a massive upgrade over the previous 5 years. 

It was tongue in cheek aimed at the cover.....

I game but not hard core.   Used to on the road a lot...particularly one season when my roommate was hard core to the max and taught me a lot on a couple of games that really enhanced my enjoyment.

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

It was tongue in cheek aimed at the cover.....

I game but not hard core.   Used to on the road a lot...particularly one season when my roommate was hard core to the max and taught me a lot on a couple of games that really enhanced my enjoyment.

Oh, I got the joke (hence the laughter reaction) but the NHL series has become pretty notorious for being a yearly roster update and not much else. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

Oh, I got the joke (hence the laughter reaction) but the NHL series has become pretty notorious for being a yearly roster update and not much else. 

Never played so don't know.    I know few guys "in the game" who played the NHL titles.   A lot of guys say they do (when endorsing) but I never saw it often if at all.   Most guys need a break from the game when they turn on the screen.

50 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

it looks like the only thing they added was the Storm surge :lol: 

man EA sports need to up their game... we need 2K back on these NHL games for competition .. 

NHL franchise is like the WWE.. getting stale and now has competition with AEW !

As I said time and time again they(competition) don't even need a NHL license, I just want a good EASHL experience 6v6 online, maybe more on the bench.  A man can dream, maybe my kids will get to play a decent hockey game not made by EA one day... 

4 hours ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Ones is available offline. I'll be buying it based on that alone pretty much. Gonna have a blast playing one on one for bragging rights with the boys.

Where did they say that? That was one of the most frustrating things because I really enjoyed the style of ones but hated that I couldn't play local with friends or online with friends. Seemed like a massive oversight for 19

58 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm thinking about doing this too. I had NHL 11 then NHL 13. Took a break for six years and bought NHL 19. I may skip the next one... we'll see.

On 6/20/2019 at 12:21 PM, MystifyNCrucify said:

I have 19 and 17 and 15.  I always skip a year

its basically a 90 dollar roster update. I am only buying it if they ever make drastic changes 

Edited by Squamfan

On 6/20/2019 at 2:39 PM, Salter said:

Where did they say that? That was one of the most frustrating things because I really enjoyed the style of ones but hated that I couldn't play local with friends or online with friends. Seemed like a massive oversight for 19

I agree. My friends and I were psyched to play Ones offline and we kinda pissed it was only online. Thank god thats not the case this time.

https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/features-overview

5 hours ago, BowtieCanuck said:

I agree. My friends and I were psyched to play Ones offline and we kinda pissed it was only online. Thank god thats not the case this time.

https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/features-overview

That's a disappointing list of features updates.

I wonder who the new play-by-play and color commentator are?

A New Generation of Hockey Broadcasting
A revamped broadcast package delivers fresh new play-by-play and color commentary to NHL 20, paired with overhauled scoreboards, overlays and motion graphics; all built to put you at the center of the game’s biggest moments. See your most memorable plays come to life in new Play Of The Game highlights designed to put your best skills on a pedestal for your teammates and your opponents.

Edit:  Found it...  It's going to be Cybulski and Ferraro, and all the NBC crap will be gone.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nhl-20-game-from-ea-revealed-battle-royale-cover-s/1100-6467885/

Edited by goalie13

3 hours ago, goalie13 said:

That's a disappointing list of features updates.

I wonder who the new play-by-play and color commentator are?

Edit:  Found it...  It's going to be Cybulski and Ferraro, and all the NBC crap will be gone.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nhl-20-game-from-ea-revealed-battle-royale-cover-s/1100-6467885/

lol should have been Mark Lee and Kevin Weekes