Sign in to follow this  
goalie13

NHL 20 Thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

So I just simmed the preseason with the Nucks and the trades I got offered:

 

Nashville offered 1st and 2nd for Tanev and a  4th - Done

LA offered 2nd, 3rd, next years 3rd for Sutter - Done

STL. offered a 3rd for Benn - Coach didn't want to lose anymore veterans so I declined.  

Crap ton of Offers for Myers.

 

This was just the preseason, normal settings.  I don't think they improved the AI at all in regards to dumping veterans.  

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth the pickup? Over NHL 19 that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really think they need a new physics engine.

 

I like Ultimate Team and doing the challenges but it's almost like they're trying to make the experience of playing a game unenjoyable.

 

Ridiculous hitting and every poke check results in a tripping penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 7:06 PM, ftmN said:

Yeah pretty much, if his role is top 9 then I would probably put him on the 2nd/3rd line. However if that is not possible, you can bury him in the minors playing top line minutes and for the most part he won't drop until probably half way through the season or later. Perhaps this has changed with NHL20 but this is how it generally works for other simulations.

My AHL team didn't even make the playoffs :lol:. My NHL team made it thankfully because the Hawks lost. We were at their mercy. We went 1-7-2 in our last ten. 

 

We got demolished game 1 by a 4-1 score. We managed to get our swagger back and won 5-1 in game two. Pavelski coming up clutch vs his former sharks the conference champs. 

 

Hoping we can build off that win as we head back to Seattle to play game 3. McCann netted me four points in game two on a line with Pavelski and Grabner. McCann was centering the top line. 

 

Fingers crossed we can steal another win in the next two!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns out Xbox was offering NHL 20 free for the weekend, for the free for days gold thing they do now every weekend so you can try new games out, I missed it but oh well, I'm more interested in NHL 21 when they have to release a new game for the new consoles next year, that's when I'm hoping for some better changes to how the game plays, something tells me they will have to make some big changes to keep the game going strong and they will try it on the new consoles and hope to bring people back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Turns out Xbox was offering NHL 20 free for the weekend, for the free for days gold thing they do now every weekend so you can try new games out, I missed it but oh well, I'm more interested in NHL 21 when they have to release a new game for the new consoles next year, that's when I'm hoping for some better changes to how the game plays, something tells me they will have to make some big changes to keep the game going strong and they will try it on the new consoles and hope to bring people back.

They will want us to upgrade consoles soon. :(  I just got a new smaller Xbox one with the upstreaming to 4k quality for Christmas lol. 

 

Let's hope they make a few more years on the Xbox one generation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

They will want us to upgrade consoles soon. :(  I just got a new smaller Xbox one with the upstreaming to 4k quality for Christmas lol. 

 

Let's hope they make a few more years on the Xbox one generation.

Just read PS5 is being released in the Holiday 2020, and Xbox has already said the same thing a Holiday release next year for 2020.

 

They will just how many years is the question, the 360 did 2 more years before it stopped, actually now that I think about it NHL 21 might not be much different since it will be released before the new consoles anyways, so it won't be until NHL 22 when the game will be for the new consoles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Turns out Xbox was offering NHL 20 free for the weekend, for the free for days gold thing they do now every weekend so you can try new games out, I missed it but oh well, I'm more interested in NHL 21 when they have to release a new game for the new consoles next year, that's when I'm hoping for some better changes to how the game plays, something tells me they will have to make some big changes to keep the game going strong and they will try it on the new consoles and hope to bring people back.

The last console upgrade was an unmitigated disaster, with a game that was vastly inferior to the previous gen.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, King Heffy said:

The last console upgrade was an unmitigated disaster, with a game that was vastly inferior to the previous gen.

When you say last console upgrade you talking 360? Or the One? I'm not going to lie I'm very confused with what you're trying to say here :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

When you say last console upgrade you talking 360? Or the One? I'm not going to lie I'm very confused with what you're trying to say here :unsure:

The one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The one.

I still enjoy playing this NHL series on the 360 more, the way it operates is just so much more smoother and better imo, I will only play EASHL if I'm playing on the 360.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

San Jose Sharks (1st in West) vs Seattle Silvertips (8th in West)

 

Game 1: 4-1 Sharks (In SJS)

Game 2: 5-1 Silvertips (In SJS)

Game 3: 3-2 Silvertips (In SEA)

Game 4: 5-1 Silvertips (In SEA)

Game 5: 3-0 Sharks (In SJS)

Game 6: 4-1 (2 EN Goals) (In SEA)

Game 7: N/A (In SJS)

 

 A little backstory here. Seattle had a large lead league wide heading back to January but the team opted to move out some veteran parts for young players for the future. We saw key veterans like Markus Johansson, Craig Smith, Robin Lehner, and Alex Killorn all get moved out. In return the team brought in Noah Dobson, Mackenzie Blackwood, Jason Robertson, Lawson Crouse, Jesper Bratt, and others. The team is currently lined up as the following:

 

Grabner McCann Pavelski (C)

Bratt Lunderstrom Kapanen
Gaborik Karlsson Brown

Crouse Hanzal Reaves

 

Lajoie Larsson

Brodie Schultz

Hickey Carrick

 

Blackwood

V.Gustavsson

Ullmark

 

McCann leads the team in playoff scoring with 8 assists through 6 games. We acquired him earlier in the year for his speed and offensive potential. McCann was largely our 3rd line center this season. In game one though the team came out flat and it was McCann who showed the most energy. So in an attempt to stop our 1-7-2 slide from going any further we gave McCann a shot with Pavelski and Grabner. The line instantly clicked and has been feasting on the Sharks. Bratt has yet to score a goal since coming over to Seattle at the trade deadline. Kapanen has finally snapped his long goalless drought though after nearly 35 games. Kapanen scored 3 goals combined in games 3 and 4. (2 in Game 5 - the team followed that up with an empty netter to round it up to 3.)

 

Crouse has largely been a disappointment since coming over but he does bring physicality we do need in our bottom 6. Ullmark had the crease to start the series but was ventilated in game 1 and struggled down the end stretch of the regular season. Victor Gustavsson has looked good sporting a .920 SV% in the playoffs but the coach opted to put Blackwood in for game 3 and the team has looked phenomenal ever since. Blackwood is rated as a 76 Overall and Gustavsson is a 75. Ullmark is an 81 but is currently scratched due to being outplayed. Seattle now heads off to face the Flames in the next round. Calgary won both games vs Seattle in the regular season by the score of 4-2 and 3-1. This will be a tough task for the young club. Hanzal has been scratched and Armia has been added to the teams fourth line.

Edited by Rush17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 12:25 PM, Tre Mac said:

So I just simmed the preseason with the Nucks and the trades I got offered:

 

Nashville offered 1st and 2nd for Tanev and a  4th - Done

LA offered 2nd, 3rd, next years 3rd for Sutter - Done

STL. offered a 3rd for Benn - Coach didn't want to lose anymore veterans so I declined.  

Crap ton of Offers for Myers.

 

This was just the preseason, normal settings.  I don't think they improved the AI at all in regards to dumping veterans.  

I love how the computer gets mad if you offer too similar of a trade yet I got 9 offers of 3rd/4th/5th round pick combos from Edmonton for one of my 4th liners in my expansion team franchise mode :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 4:43 AM, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I really think they need a new physics engine.

 

I like Ultimate Team and doing the challenges but it's almost like they're trying to make the experience of playing a game unenjoyable.

 

Ridiculous hitting and every poke check results in a tripping penalty.

Yeah I love how the comp can knock the puck off you easy even if you're a righty against a righty but then you try it and it's tripping 95% of the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting glitch in my game today apparently all PP goals were all my players 1st career goal today. Shockingly in cluding Tanner Pearson and JT Miller scoring their 1st career goals on their 2nd and 3rd goal of the year respectively :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally finished my final franchise season from NHL19 and picked up NHL20.

 

To start out, I went with a Play Now game and played tonight's Canucks vs Predators game.  Overall, not bad.  The settings are going to need a little tweaking but it was pretty good.  One crazy thing though... 45 seconds left in the game one of my players gets injured.  While he is down in the corner the clock stopped, all the CPU controlled players stopped moving and I was unable to take control of the puck.  It was bizarre.  I could skate around with my one player and move the puck by poke-checking it, but that was it.  I even poke-checked it into the net.  I was stuck and had to quit the game.

 

Not that it mattered, I was losing anyways.  :P  But I would hate for that to happen when the Cup was on the line.  I haven't seen the game (offline) glitch out like that for a long time, and this was my first game with 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 9:20 AM, Rush17 said:

San Jose Sharks (1st in West) vs Seattle Silvertips (8th in West)

 

Game 1: 4-1 Sharks (In SJS)

Game 2: 5-1 Silvertips (In SJS)

Game 3: 3-2 Silvertips (In SEA)

Game 4: 5-1 Silvertips (In SEA)

Game 5: 3-0 Sharks (In SJS)

Game 6: 4-1 (2 EN Goals) (In SEA)

Game 7: N/A (In SJS)

 

 A little backstory here. Seattle had a large lead league wide heading back to January but the team opted to move out some veteran parts for young players for the future. We saw key veterans like Markus Johansson, Craig Smith, Robin Lehner, and Alex Killorn all get moved out. In return the team brought in Noah Dobson, Mackenzie Blackwood, Jason Robertson, Lawson Crouse, Jesper Bratt, and others. The team is currently lined up as the following:

 

Grabner McCann Pavelski (C)

Bratt Lunderstrom Kapanen
Gaborik Karlsson Brown

Crouse Hanzal Reaves

 

Lajoie Larsson

Brodie Schultz

Hickey Carrick

 

Blackwood

V.Gustavsson

Ullmark

 

McCann leads the team in playoff scoring with 8 assists through 6 games. We acquired him earlier in the year for his speed and offensive potential. McCann was largely our 3rd line center this season. In game one though the team came out flat and it was McCann who showed the most energy. So in an attempt to stop our 1-7-2 slide from going any further we gave McCann a shot with Pavelski and Grabner. The line instantly clicked and has been feasting on the Sharks. Bratt has yet to score a goal since coming over to Seattle at the trade deadline. Kapanen has finally snapped his long goalless drought though after nearly 35 games. Kapanen scored 3 goals combined in games 3 and 4. (2 in Game 5 - the team followed that up with an empty netter to round it up to 3.)

 

Crouse has largely been a disappointment since coming over but he does bring physicality we do need in our bottom 6. Ullmark had the crease to start the series but was ventilated in game 1 and struggled down the end stretch of the regular season. Victor Gustavsson has looked good sporting a .920 SV% in the playoffs but the coach opted to put Blackwood in for game 3 and the team has looked phenomenal ever since. Blackwood is rated as a 76 Overall and Gustavsson is a 75. Ullmark is an 81 but is currently scratched due to being outplayed. Seattle now heads off to face the Flames in the next round. Calgary won both games vs Seattle in the regular season by the score of 4-2 and 3-1. This will be a tough task for the young club. Hanzal has been scratched and Armia has been added to the teams fourth line.

Just lost game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals to the Bruins lol. I put the series on pause for a bit.

 

Seattle Silvertips

 

Game 7 lineup

 

Crouse - Pavelski - Brown

Bratt - McCann - Kapanen

Grabner - Karlsson - Liedekkier

Paajarvi - Armia - Reaves

 

Brodin - Schultz

Lajoie - Larsson

Hunt - Carrick

 

Ullmark

Blackwood

 

Leading playoff scorer:

Jesper Bratt 20 pts in 25 games

Joe Pavelski 18 pts in 25 games

 

Injured players: Isac Lundstrom (2nd line C), Thomas Hickey (3rd Pair D)

 

Won 1-0 in double OT Game 1.

Lost 2-1 in single OT Game 2.

Won 3-1 in Game 3.

Won 5-2 in Game 4.

Lost 4-2 in Game 5.

Lost 3-2 in Game 6.

Lost 2-1 in single OT Game 7.

 

Conn Smythe Winner: Tuukka Rask

 

Despite reaching the Cup Finals no high profile UFAs goaltenders or forwards think we are serious yet. :) Have to add some depth guys and wait on the kids. Managed to sign Zuccarello he is our big UFA signing. He played well in Dallas last season. We beat the Stars in the Western Finals by a score of 4-2. Going to have to work with Ullmark and Blackwood this season. Sad part is I traded Robin Lehner to NJ for Bratt and Schneider... Bratt has turned out ok but Schneider ended up getting claimed by NJ after a waive and Lehner is now an 89 OA lol. :picard: Look forward to seeing the player growths into training camp! Bratt and Pavelski really developed some chemistry in the finals. Had to switch off to Crouse though in game 7 as he returned from injury. Bergeron was determined to win! He and Rask made it happen.

 

We traded Thomas Hickey and our 31st overall pick for Picks 41 and 43. Where we selected two gems at the top of our draft board. fingers crossed they pan out. Great season by the kids. We were after all 1 win from chicago away from not even making the playoffs. Happy we managed to win some games with an overall record of 15-10 in the playoffs. The team will look to build off its playoff success and hope some of our kids will be ready to challenge for jobs next season. Our first OA pick Liedekkier played a fair bit in the final two rounds. He had the game insurance goal in game 6 vs the Stars and the OT winner in game 1 of the Cup Finals. Definitely needs to work on his skating but he played well for a 71 OA. Look forward to next season!

 

Edited by Rush17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the game is still giving the Conn Smythe to the goalie every damn time. Been like that since 09

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Baer. said:

I see the game is still giving the Conn Smythe to the goalie every damn time. Been like that since 09

I don't have a problem with that.  We deserve it.  ::D 

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.