The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Peter Chiarelli could join the Canucks

7 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

I read it perfectly clear. Your homerism suggested that Benning was the brains behind Boston’s fluky cup. But in reality, we don’t know who should get the lucky credit between Chirelli or Benning. All we know is that Benning was under Chirelli so therefore Chirelli should be the brains or lack of brains is probably the more fitting term.

It doesn’t matter though. One GM is fired and Benning should be fired so I don’t think either wants to be the brains behind the two worse GM’s in the league. Plenty of bad credit to go around for the both of them. Add weisbrod in the terrible manager trio while you are at it. Lol

IMG_0428.GIF

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Lol this is hilarious. Benning was the assistant, not the other way around. Both are freaking terrible and there is a reason it was that way. Chirelli was bennings mentor.

You are so right! Clearly Benning has followed in his footsteps, look at all the terrible draft picks he has made the past few years. ;)

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Sorry but those are facts. Our GM is the pupil and student of one of the worst GM’s in the league. That should tell you all you need to know about why 5 years in we might not even make the playoffs next year while the Rangers can scorch earth rebuild in 6 months.

Its the truth whether you way too optimistic fans like it or not.

You will see how much better things will be once we have new management . It’s going to so much better. I can’t wait.

This statement.... this statement alone.... I can't help but think how disappointed you are going to be in a couple of years. lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CaptKirk888 said:

You are so right! Clearly Benning has followed in his footsteps, look at all the terrible draft picks he has made the past few years. ;)

Hey, I am not going to make any assumptions based on my bias towards the Canucks. The only hard facts that I know is that Chirelli was the GM and Benning was the assistant.

Am I supposed to assume Chirelli was a  clown that taught Benning nothing based on no evidence except Canucks fans biases against Chirelli? No. Gm’s Train and mentor their assistants. That’s the natural path of thought to follow. And considering how poor all of Bennings  moves have been and how poor Chirelli’s moves has been, it fits perfectly. Sorry.

Just now, Tomatoes11 said:

Hey, I am not going to make any assumptions based on my bias towards the Canucks. The only hard facts that I know is that Chirelli was the GM and Benning was the assistant.

Am I supposed to assume Chirelli was a  clown that taught Benning nothing based on no evidence except Canucks fans biases against Chirelli? No. Gm’s Train and mentor their assistants. That’s the natural path of thought to follow. And considering how poor all of Bennings  moves have been and how poor Chirelli’s moves has been, it fits perfectly. Sorry.

You haven't been making assumptions? And here I thought all of your sentences were assumptions, otherwise how are you going to be able to make such bold statements.

I get it. You have an opinion. You hate Benning and you are here to tell the world. Do you want a cookie?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

This statement.... this statement alone.... I can't help but think how disappointed you are going to be in a couple of years. lol

I never had any issues with Quinn, Burke, Nonis, and the people before them. Not a coincidence Benning is the only GM that I have an issue with so far. I think I’ll be golden once Benning is fired.

1 minute ago, Tomatoes11 said:

You don’t have to apologize, it’s your opinion and your right to have it. The majority here think it sucks, oh well.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Tomatoes11 said:

I never had any issues with Quinn, Burke, Nonis, and the people before them. Not a coincidence Benning is the only GM that I have an issue with so far. I think I’ll be golden once Benning is fired.

You didn't have a problem with Gillis?

Just now, The Lock said:

You haven't been making assumptions? And here I thought all of your sentences were assumptions, otherwise how are you going to be able to make such bold statements.

I get it. You have an opinion. You hate Benning and you are here to tell the world. Do you want a cookie?

A GM being ahead of the assistant GM and generally mentors and trains them is not an assumption. That’s a fact.

Saying the assistant is the reason the GM looks good because you have Canucks bias is an assumption.

Huge difference.