The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Peter Chiarelli could join the Canucks

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Whatever, this has been the most fun on CDC for a while.

This thread should be officially submitted to the org.

fair enough.  have your 'fun'.

your definition of 'fun' is different than mine.

I open this forum this morning - of the draft -  looking to see trades, player movement, reports, etc.

And Chiapet sits atop the cue of threads lol.

You see fun - I see the sad state of an underperforming news day.

Just now, oldnews said:

fair enough.  have your 'fun'.

your definition of 'fun' is different than mine.

I open this forum this morning - of the draft -  looking to see trades, player movement, reports, etc.

And Chiapet sits atop the cue of threads lol.

You see fun - I see the sad state of an underperforming news day.

I find the responses funny, in fact hilarious. 

You find Chiapet atop of the threads funny...lol.

Something for everyone. 

• Cheers 1

Honestly this may be the worst news I’ve heard regarding the canucks in a while. Of all the bad news we’ve had in the past if Chiarelli joins the Canucks OMG. If that’s the case I’d be for firing JB even tho I’m not a Benning hater. 

Isn't there other options other than the one that JUST got fired for ruining the Oilers. 

I hate these Benning connection type projects that always fail. I wish the Canucks could just pay Benning the money he would be making as GM and make him head of scouting. 

17 minutes ago, jptony604 said:

Honestly this may be the worst news I’ve heard regarding the canucks in a while. Of all the bad news we’ve had in the past if Chiarelli joins the Canucks OMG. If that’s the case I’d be for firing JB even tho I’m not a Benning hater. 

Isn't there other options other than the one that JUST got fired for ruining the Oilers. 

I hate these Benning connection type projects that always fail. I wish the Canucks could just pay Benning the money he would be making as GM and make him head of scouting. 

I think people might want to calm down.

Let's say - worst case scenario - Chia gets added as a whatever, advisor.

He aint making player/personnel decisions regardless.   That is Benning's jurisdiciton, and he's far better than Chiarelli in that respect.

Chia aint handling the scouting departments - again - Benning overlooks that and is far better qualified to do so.

Who knows what Chiarelli could bring that might represent a positive contribuition - I don't - but I think there's absolutely no chance that he'd be changing the course of player/personnel decisions in any event.

Maybe Chiarelli is really good at lobbying and getting NHL officials to ignore calls in the playoffs?

• Haha 1

If anyone remembers the old 1985 Bears, that great team was coached by Mike Ditka and had Buddy Ryan as their defense coach. Combined they were awesome but when they separated both were never the same again.

So Benning and Chiarelli combined might get the connection again.

8 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

What are the rules regarding an NHL gm being fired from one organization and being hired by another as far as inside information is concerned

What can he possibly have inside information about the Oilers that the rest of the hockey world can’t already accurately guess?

Chia: Hey guys. So I can tell you with 100% certainty that Edmonton is looking to improve everything.

Everyone: Water is wet.

• Cheers 1

Chia was a laughing stock in Edmonton.

That said every GM that has gone there has been ran out of town as a failure. 

I still believe something deeper is going on in that front office and the GM is more of a figure head for their old boys club.

Chiarelli and Benning built a good squad in Boston, with some questionable trades sure but can't argue with that squad that beat us.

If Chia does join us, let's not assume it's going to be a repeat of Edmonton.

Chia already signed with Canucks. 

He's been working behind the scenes to negotiate trades too busy for press conference right now. 

He negotiated JT Miller for 1st and 3rd. Great job Chia. 

I'm just having fun.

Pretty good player in jt Miller

Won't know if good trade or bad until we know who the 1st round draft pick ends up being. 

Edited by WHL rocks