The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Bettman has a "surprise" to start the draft he says.  I'm guessing it is the name of the new Seattle team.

If that's the case, my bet is the Seattle Sockeyes.

I thought the Seattle Mayor had already accidentally leaked that the name was the Kraken in some press conference. 

15 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Bettman has a "surprise" to start the draft he says.  I'm guessing it is the name of the new Seattle team.

If that's the case, my bet is the Seattle Sockeyes.

there also rumors going around that they might induct burrows into the ring of honor before the draft

They can trade any player they want. NO first or second round picks please. 

Tanev , Stecher , Hutton, Sutter , Baer , Marky ……..

Use your cap space as long as it doesn't interfere with the kids in two years.

• Upvote 1

If we come out of tonight with Barrie, whomever we pick at 10, and still have EP,BB,BH and QH, it has been a great day.

3 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

there also rumors going around that they might induct burrows into the ring of honor before the draft

That would be really cool to see as well.  He is in Vancouver today.

im not watching TSN rn but i assume its going something like

HEY EVERYONE WELCOME TO TSN DRAFT DAY! i'm your host James Duthie, and as you can see, all of us haven't slept in days, Dregs looks like he's about to DIE, there's a fat **** beside him and at the end, is EVERYONE'S FAVOURITE, Bob Mckenzie.

Dreger: Yea, and as you can see, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING going on right now, there is, indeed a fat **** beside me, that much is true.

Pierre Lebrun breaks down and sobs on the air

Duthie: So, Bob, tell us something. Gimme me something. We've in in the studio all day, I'm pissed off, tell me something, old man, before I strangle you

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, teepain said:

Jb getting giddy again this year

why isnt anyone taking cole caufield

Because little people were crushed these playoffs and big bodies won. 

Caufield is the prototype for gets you into the playoffs but doesn't win them for you. 

2 minutes ago, Baer. said:

I will be so pumped if this happens.  He instantly becomes the best we offensive dman we have had in many many years.  If Hughes is better, then that is a huge bonus.  

If it's Virt, Stecher, 2020 lottery protected first I feel it is a very fair deal.  I get that it would hurt to lose those guys, but it should cost to get one of the 10 best offensive dmen in the league.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Because little people were crushed these playoffs and big bodies won. 

Caufield is the prototype for gets you into the playoffs but doesn't win them for you. 

Caufield  is the type of player you insert into the top 6 if you got some big bodies in there. For a top 6 like ours he doesnt really fit.

• Upvote 1