The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

You were right to be.

Terrible pick for Vancouver's situation.

Benning doesn't have a contract so he goes out with a Russian despite their failure developing Goldobin or Tryamkin.

Could have had the safe American with all the success college guy well rounded Boldy.

But had to make a move outta left field.

:picard:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is it just me or did the canucks draft table look depressed and red in the face before their pick. 

With the rumours of trying to move up in the draft to 6th, were the Canucks hoping for Seider? Did Detroit going of the board prevent the Canucks from getting their guy? 

Edited by Doogie
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

12 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Podokolzin would never work out in fan with their history with Russian players recently.

Terrible pick.

I don't get the 'Russian history' thing. They haven't drafted many of them. Tryamkin was the first they drafted since like what, Shirokov?? And he'll be coming back in a year.

Podkolzin is BPA, and he's committed to playing in the NHL after his contract is up. Not worried about the 'Russian factor'.

7 minutes ago, Lonny_Bohonos_14 said:

I never got the fear. Love the pick. Anyone available at our pick was going to need 2 years anyways. I'm stoked 

Same. Putting nationality aside, he's not a boom/bust player either. Complete game and he'll make an impact right away when he comes over.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Darius said:

IMHO if Benning was more concerned about his job than he is about the org he would have taken the safe pick, instead of making the ballsy bet and taking a guy that could make the biggest impact after his contract is up.

Maybe this is why his face was red before the pick.

Some rumors Benning was trying to have more influence on the picks than Judd Bracket.

• Wat 2